Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MLMT owning trucks?

Members do not see advertisements
    So I was reading the topic about Ln doing the legit point system thing, and ran across Daves post about all promoters wanting to own their own trucks. Anyway, if MLMT continues improving, adding more dates, and gaining a larger following does anyone see them purchasing their own trucks? And if they did would you think less of the legitimacy of the series if those trucks raced because I saw some saying a point series in LN with their trucks wouldnt seem as fair?

Quote Originally Posted by g8torsbizktai20 View Post
    So I was reading the topic about Ln doing the legit point system thing, and ran across Daves post about all promoters wanting to own their own trucks. Anyway, if MLMT continues improving, adding more dates, and gaining a larger following does anyone see them purchasing their own trucks? And if they did would you think less of the legitimacy of the series if those trucks raced because I saw some saying a point series in LN with their trucks wouldnt seem as fair?
    dont kow about that, but, is it a conflict of interest that MLMT want to do a legit series, and has Madusa, who is an employee of Bigfoot on the board for MLMT?
    I get paid to be concerned...so YOU can be entertained!

its amazing how many people bash FELD...but ask me for free tickets and early entrance to pit parties.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Madusa being on the board and racing, I don't see how that'd give her any type of advantage. Isn't she director of character building or something along those lines? She would still have to qualify for the event and beat drivers who are better than she is. And it seems like they want to make freestyle as impartial as possible, so I don't see any advantage there either.

As far as owning their own trucks, I don't see how that would be a positive step for a legit racing series, and they've come out and said they don't want to "play favorites", they want to treat everyone equally.

I'm not sure they would buy an entire fleet of trucks like LN has, because that takes ALOT of financial muscle, and I'm not sure if MLMT is at that point yet. However, if they could come up with a flagship truck like Grave Digger is to LN and the name/idea really stuck with the fans, I could see that happening. As for legitimacy of the series, if the MLMT truck got bookings to EVERY event while other trucks didnt, that would be unfair, but if it had to qualify in (assuming open qualifying) like the rest of the trucks and there was no bias toward it, and all the other trucks wanting to qualify had the same chance of getting in, then I don't see it being any less legitimate.
    Ryan Smith

AIM: RNS0504 - E-Mail: [email protected]

http://mtresults.proboards107.com/index.cgi <--Monster Truck Results Project- Please Contribute!

the 15 is just a few days away. I have a feeling there will be SOME suprises...but that most of what we hear is gonna be just what we expect.

its amazing how many people bash FELD...but ask me for free tickets and early entrance to pit parties.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Madusa being on the board and racing, I don't see how that'd give her any type of advantage. Isn't she director of character building or something along those lines?
    A) Really? You don't see a conflict of interest??

B) If she really IS the "director of character building" that'd be the most ironic thing in the industry today. Just because you ARE a character doesn't mean you HAVE character...and I've heard she's left Team Bigfoot anyhow, though I'm reasonably certain in saying her and Froome still work together in some form....

actually, now that you mention it, I recal hearing that too, but she has left the team before for various "ehem, family" reasons, and gone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
    A) Really? You don't see a conflict of interest??

B) If she really IS the "director of character building" that'd be the most ironic thing in the industry today. Just because you ARE a character doesn't mean you HAVE character...and I've heard she's left Team Bigfoot anyhow, though I'm reasonably certain in saying her and Froome still work together in some form....
    Just checked, her title is: "Vice President of Driver Relations"

And again, someone please explain to me how she'll have any type of advantage?

Still a good one.

Can you HONESTLY not figure it out? I mean, squint your eyes real tight and think on it. Being on the board of directors, regardless of post, gives her more sway in how things're done than any other driver in the series has....

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb134 View Post

do you feel that Grave Digger has an advantage at MJ shows? or Blue thunder, or Meents?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information