Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Kiel's ton-of-pictures thread.

Members do not see advertisements
    What's up everyone...

For those who don't know me my name's Kiel (Kyle) I've been around the community since Karm ran the board, haven't been very active at all recently.

I have some spare time for a few weeks before my work schedule is insane, and I've been enjoying the personal collections of pictures that some people have been posting here recently, so I fired up the ol scanner and have some pretty cool stuff I'd like to share with you guys.

From 1997 at the Memphis Pyramid in the stands, to countless pictures on the floor and in the pits with Avenger and Brutus, I'll be adding pictures that my father and I have taken over the last 10 years or so.

To start it off I thought I'd show you guys some pictures from one of my favorite shows at the RCA Dome in November of 2001 put on by Special Events.

Enjoy!

Last edited by KRMc; March 25th, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

...is it just my computer or is nothing showing up as far as pictures go?

in case the embed function isn't working for some reason, here's the link to the album:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562890117tFWDoN

Doesn't quite seem like webshots is the right host for direct linking in the photo... I'll find a better host in the morning and try again - in the meantime someone let me know if they can access the pictures at all if at all possible, thanks!
    Last edited by KRMc; March 25th, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
    Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

Email: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    AIM: NIRcc uLtRaMaX

Yeah webshot's URL naming/routing does not adapt well to forum codes. The link works fine, thanks for sharing.
    Jason Twite
    [email protected]
    MidwestMonsters.com (collecting dust)

The Pyramid - Memphis, TN January either 99 or 2000 Tom Meents, Eric Tack, Gary Bauer, and Bill Weaver, what a lineup.

Last edited by KRMc; March 27th, 2008 at 01:35 AM.
    Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

These are from Moline, IL crewing for Jim Koehler and Chris Bergeron, Jim had recently had his appendix taken out, and Frank Krmel filled in for the driving duties in Avenger that weekend. Frank ended up rolling the truck the first night (rollcage to concrete, ouch - welding in the pits that night)

Scott Pointbriand was in Digger 8, Neil Elliott in Team Meents, Schroeder in Devastaor. We went to Friday's after the first show that weekend and Mark actually stole one of my mozzarella sticks off my plate. I sat across from Bill Meents who went on for about 10 minutes on how the truck didn't run a Chevy block and how he fabricated the headers, great memories.

This weekend was particularly important for Frank because he essentially proved himself to Clear Channel that he could handle a truck and put on a good show even after a pretty nasty roll. He shook it off and put on a very solid performance for the rest of the weekend.

The last set of pictures includes 3 inside the cab of Avenger, 3 of my favorite all time pictures. Oh - Brutus also still had ZF axles at this time, they could never get the knuckles to hold together.

Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

Awesome pics Kiel.
    -Jordan Robson

[email protected]

Wow, I that had to be one of the last runs for the old leaf-sprung Rambo truck.
    Brandon Clark

The automatic transmission is soley responsible for the wussification of America.

Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago "Monster trucks, the science of extreme machines"

Really wasn't a bad exhibit... not quite worth the extra admission on top of the museum admission, but still cool to see monster trucks in such a prestigious museum.

Not sure if the exhibit is still touring, if it's not I'd like to know what that RTR Patrick ended up being and where Digger 8 is at.
    Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

Members do not see advertisements
    Man I miss the old coil diggers.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information