Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Jess My Friend

Members do not see advertisements
    When I received the phone call this morning from Deb, Jesse's better half I knew something was wrong right away. Having traveled many many miles with Jessie and been close friends for over twenty years, not only did we all loose a friend and an icon in the monster truck world, but a man that could fix anything. I have seen him many times work on another monster truck just so it could be ready to run for the next show. After everyone elses trucks were running, Jesse would then work on his. Again many time all Jesse ever got was maybe a "THANK YOU". When someone had a problem with a truck and needed an answer the word was "CALL JESSE". Going way back to the Torgerson shows and before, Jesse was always a crowd pleaser. He would think of nothing to turn the old Playn 4 Keeps over just to entertain the crowd. He and I built many of the Ice Tracks for "Monsters on Ice". After Jesse sold his truck he told me he said he was finally glad to spend some time doing what he liked and that was a little hunting. After all these years he finally had a real job that he didn't have to worry about the next paycheck being there. I will miss those weekly phone calls we would have, along with the laughter, the stories, and the great times and miles we spent on the road together. God Speed my friend, Bobby Paul
    Last edited by RACEUSA; May 18th, 2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Very sad to hear.

I think monster truck drivers' deaths affect us completely differently than many sports fans, even versus casual fans of monster trucks. Unlike most sports were the athletes or drivers are less accessible, interaction with monster truck drivers can be very personal and frequent. It is very easy to get to know and become friends with drivers, which makes it more difficult when something tragic happens. It is more likely that we are losing a friend rather than simply someone we cheered for. Don't get me wrong, death is always sad, but it is different when you know someone as a person rather than an occupation or position. I really think of the industry as a family and so it really does hurt when something bad happens. Even if we didn't know a person personally, simply seeing those that did know the person hurt, hurts us too.
    Chris Parrish

www.cpactionart.com
    -updated 3/19/11: Monster Jam St. Louis, MO 2/19/11
    -updated 10/25/2010: Gas Guzzy.com 4x4 Off Road Truck Show Challenge Auburn, IN 10/16/10

CP Action Art/ActionTracks on Facebook

Guys this is jesses nephew, we would like any pictures of him or different pictures of the truck, it would be nice thanks

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PFK forever View Post
    Guys this is jesses nephew, we would like any pictures of him or different pictures of the truck, it would be nice thanks

[email protected]
    here you go
    http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/playin.htm
    http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/playii.htm
    http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/play.htm
    http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/play206.htm
    If it aint Old School, It aint Cool

I remember seeing jesse run in quincy years ago, when i was little. I remember they had some skit where they pulled a car out onto the track and something about the driver parked in the wrong spot and needed to move his car. the announcer goes whoever owns this car needs to get they're *** out here and move it or else we're gonna have one of the monster trucks crush it. and then the crowd started counting down from 10 and then jesse pulled out and ran over it haha. RIP Jesse
    Matt Grossman
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    aim-ntrustler
    Gamertag: biggrossman05
    http://www.myspace.com/biggrossman05
    MY VIDEOS

Its mayhem, no one is happy.

I remember watching Jesse Birgy on Tuff Trax and always rooting for him. Even with all the USA-1s and Equalizers and Bigfoot 8s, I always rooted for Jesse to be the underdog that would upset one of the major contenders. Even when TNT went under and all the major drivers scattered here and there, whenever I'd go looking around to see where everyone went, Jesse and Playin' for Keeps were always among the first names I looked up, right alongside USA-1 and Andy Brass and Jersey Outlaw and all of my top favorites. He was a good guy, and even just watching on TV, you could tell he loved driving. He will be missed, and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

This is just really sad. I can't believe just how many mt related people have passed already. This year is really being suckish. I really liked the first Play'n For Keeps truck. It was a very clean looking machine. That chop-top '89 Chevy was definitely an eye catcher. R.I.P. Jesse...

Quote Originally Posted by PolskaInvader View Post
    Wow that's sad news...always enjoyed watching Playin 4 Keeps on Tuff Trax, although he never made it out to my neck of the woods.

RIP Jesse
    i was just watching my tapes yesterday
    RIP jesse
    Kozak
    #1 Andy Brass Fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    ANYONE that knows me, knows that if I did not make the distance I would stay there as long as it took and change the ramp as many times as necessary to make the distance

Will Gill Guest

Jesse Birgy - Monster Truck Legend

Jesse was a very dear friend who will be greatly missed. Jesse was always there to help whether you asked him for it or not. He always went all out to make sure the show was awesome. If he was the only one running at freestyle he'd run hard, roll over, get turned back up and go some more to make sure the fans got their money's worth.
    If we ever had a question about anything mechanical Jesse was always happy to give his advice.
    Jesse was always their to help if I needed it dealing with the tough truck guys or anyone hassling me at the gate. We considered Jesse one of our dearest friends. He will forever be in our hearts and never be forgotten.
    Will and Becky Gill

Members do not see advertisements
    A driver I had a lot of respect for. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information