Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario

Ace Ventura 2 Monster Truck

Members do not see advertisements
    Hey guys, I was just checking out You Tube and came across the scene from Ace Ventura 2. In the comment section gmtgmt posted that this is the old Southern Storm truck. I was just wondering what some other peoples take on this truck is? To me it looks like Push N Stomp and I had heard that it was. I was told the planetaries from Southern Star ended up on this truck however. Anyone know what happend to this truck after the movie?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaqIALamCz8"]YouTube - Ace Ventura Monster Truck[/ame]

Last edited by theace27; July 29th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

Your right its the old push n' stomp hot rod, that a good question of what happened to her . . .

it is Push N Stomp and it robbie giles who drove not ace ventura. ace didint like the truck from what i read me to so robbie did the the driving and the truck was later became southen star who our member blade own and restoring

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843317/
    If it aint Old School, It aint Cool

southern star didnt have a lift body did it? i know push n stomp did, and you can see that its a lift body by the way it shakes when he goes through the bricks

edit: my impatiant self didnt finish watching the video and see that the body DOES lift up in the video
    Last edited by ProTruckChallenge; July 29th, 2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: i'm dumb
    Shawn Hunsicker
    www.ProTruckChallenge.com
    Owner
    Monster Jam Track Crew

Push N Stomp was the original look i 1986-87 but late 1987 it was rebodied as southen storm and later rebodied agine to the S-10 camo used in ace Ventura 2 in 1995 but then agine rebodied as southen star

i see. learn something new everyday it seems
    Shawn Hunsicker
    www.ProTruckChallenge.com
    Owner
    Monster Jam Track Crew

Quote Originally Posted by screamxforxme View Post
    southern star didnt have a lift body did it? i know push n stomp did, and you can see that its a lift body by the way it shakes when he goes through the bricks

edit: my impatiant self didnt finish watching the video and see that the body DOES lift up in the video
    yes it has lift body so dose southern storm it the same chassie used on all the trucks

Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario
    GMTGMT, not to doubt you but I am gonna think out loud here. The chassis of Push N Stomp doesn't look the same as Southern Storm or Star. Also The S-10 ext cab wheelbase is a bit longer then a Ranger wheelbase. They would have had to have done alot of work to rebody the truck as a Ranger and undo all that work to rebody it again as an S-10 and re-do the work yet again to shorten it up to be put back under the Ranger which is now Southern Star. It would be alot of work to do this. Ya know what I sayin? This was from a email that Blade sent me.

"I will get you some pictures this week .yes the truck still has the flipup body,as for the planataries robbie sold them to the man who owns the old push and stomp truck.Thats the truck in the Ace venture when nature calls movie,by the way robbie did all the driving of that truck in the movie. If you have any other questions feel free to ask."

I am thinking that Push N Stomp is still out there somewhere.
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

Southern Storm and Southern Star is the same truck, Robbie made some changes on the storm truck back in about 1990 then he changed the name to star. The old push and stomp truck is a whole different truck.

Members do not see advertisements
    where is push n stomp now???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information