Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Doug Guest

Check Out My Monster Truck!!!

Members do not see advertisements
    I'd love to know what you guys think, custom made from the ground up, this is NOT a Patriot!!! 35" Super Swampers, KS nitrogen shocks, dual chain drive, and rear steering at 9 feet long, 6 1/2 feet wide and 7 feet tall...

Check it out!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oi3QvoxZhs"]YouTube - Firestarter Racing Mini Monster Truck[/ame]
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJISCm3j9o"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. I've got one similar to that. It's more 'vintage'.

Excellent fabrication. I'll drop you a line soon wth some questions.
    Jason Rivas
    Victim of a Monster Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats awesome! Awesome Job! Wheres them Meents cyclones

Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty sweet! Looks like a lot of fun!
    -Jeremy Bunting

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent craftsmanship. I want to see pics of it doing a slap wheelie or a power wheelie; it will look awesome!!!!! Again, well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much does that thing cost?

Doug Guest
    You'd be surprised at what my total was after completing the truck, but to be sure, it was more about the hours put into it than anything else. It took about 2 years to build and cost about 1/3 the current price of a Patriot...and this is far superior to what Patriot offers as this truck has a 6 cylinder Chevy engine instead of a 4 cylinder Honda, nitrogen instead of coil shocks...I could go on and on. My advice is if you've got the know how, build your own!

Thanks for all the great comments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug,

That is awsome. Can you please post some build up pics if you have them or some chassis / engine shots. I am curious to see how everything works together with the chain drive set up.

What type of seat did you use? How is the leg room?

Thanks for sharing.

Doug Guest
    It has a 5 point racing seat and harness, it's a little tight getting in and out but it's not uncomfortable by any means. This was intended for my son, but until he's old enough to reach the pedals, I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

The only pics I have on the computer of it being built are of the body, I can scan some of the older photos I have and post them at a later time.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0091.jpg   DSC_0092.jpg   Monster_Truck_031.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    What kind of axles are in there? I see they were re-centered, kinda looked like D60s, but I couldn't get a good look. Christian
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Christian Riedel
    Crew Chief-Stinger and Boogey Van
    Mechanical Engineer
    Admin of Monster Truck Fab forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information