Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange Blossom Special's: Where are they now?

Members do not see advertisements
    I know us guys are all about monster trucks but, has anyone heard about Allen Gains and his trucks including the Tank train monster and the original OBS. Those were awesome staples of any USHRA event and man he could put on a show. Any info would be great. I hope he is doing fine and the original OBS is in a museum or even better still grinding up a pulling track somewhere. Thanks guys!

Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allen is still running the Orange Blossom pullers at a few events a year. I am not too sure if he still has the tank or not. If you look through the last few months of the old skool pic thread there are some pics of him running the truck this past September.
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    He does alot of pulls around here, within 2 or 3 hours of his home in Georgetown, KY. Pulling season is comming up this summer, so I'm gonna see if I can find where he's gonna be and snap some pics for you guys.
    Brandon Clark

The automatic transmission is soley responsible for the wussification of America.

orignally, Cudahy WI, Currently Waddell AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are some pics from when it first came out

MTRATTK Guest
    I always thought The OBS Tank/Train was the coolest thing ever built of all the tanks.

Post Thanks / Like

orange blossom special 2 wheel drive

wow they still run?any pics from the two wheel drive now?that was a sweet ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BowtieBandit View Post
    He does alot of pulls around here, within 2 or 3 hours of his home in Georgetown, KY. Pulling season is comming up this summer, so I'm gonna see if I can find where he's gonna be and snap some pics for you guys.
    Brandon, if you can find out where Allen is going to be pulling please let me know. Espically if it is in Northern Ky. or even Ohio. I'd love to see him pull again. Thanks man.
    Mike Krieger

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Georgetown is really clost to Lexington, which is about an hour to 90 minutes away from Cincinnati, so wherever he goes won't be much more than a days drive from there. I'll see what I can do, when we get closer to pulling season.
    Brandon Clark

The automatic transmission is soley responsible for the wussification of America.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now this is a beautiful sight!! I would love to see it pull again in person.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVlzOKFyX0"]YouTube - "Orange Blossum Special" in Georgetown, KY[/ame]
    Last edited by theace27; January 14th, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Mike Krieger

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Here is another pic for ya.

Charles

If your not Really Racing is it worth it

"I want nothing less than to see everyone in the sport be able to make a full time living at what is now a hobby to some, a weekend motor sport to most, a full time business to few, and those that cover it to be able to do so with out fear of reprisal."

A Wana-bee MT Owner/Driver, but can't afford to wreck my stuff for the fun of it, but I will drive yours if you let me !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information