Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

R.I.P. George Eisenhart

Members do not see advertisements

Photo by Ross Bonar, The Monster Blog.com, used with permission.

I am making an official post, once again, asking for cooperation from the board members.

*Edit Sun Jan 25th*

We can confirm that George Eisenhart Jr. has passed away due to injuries suffered at his Monster Nationals event in Madison Wisconsin on Saturday January 24th. As a race between Samson and Holman's Beast was concluded, George, who was announcing at the event as he does with many of his shows, stepped out onto the floor the arena, accidentally right in front of Samson as Patrick was attempting to return to the pit area. George did succumb to injuries suffered from the accident late last evening, media was not allowed into the hospital until this afternoon when the official word came out from various local media sources.

Eisenhart ran Image Promotions which promotes the popular Monster Nationals series of events. Eisenhart was also a key member in the reorganization of the MTRA bringing it to its current status today.

The Sunday afternoon event scheduled in Madison has obviously been cancelled. No word currently on what will happen to the remaining 2009 Monster Nationals scheduled events.

Please use this thread to post your condolences to the Eisenhart family, the Monster Nationals crew, and the many others that George touched during his career in the industry. We ask that you do not post any videos of the accident in this thread, due to the direct capture of the incident.. You may post any news article links that you find relevant to the situation.

Thank you. Monster Mayhem Administration (Bryan Wagner, Jason Twite, Andrew Pellegrine, Cale Putnam, & Brandon Clark)

-My personal note-

This is obviously another devastating turn in the industry, I as many of the others who I have spoken with are devastated over the circumstances. I am not nor will I place blame on anyone involved, this was simply the second tragic accident in as many weeks. My sincere condolences goes out to the Eisenhart family above all else, as well as the teams that ran with Image Promotions for numerous seasons, the track crews, and everyone else George effected during his tenure. He will be deeply missed by everyone.
    Last edited by FlyinBryan; January 25th, 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Here is some news articles

http://www.channel3000.com/news/18558239/detail.html
    http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/breaking_news/434654

man what a way to start 2009
    my thoughts to the person injured and the rest who watched the accident happen
    If it aint Old School, It aint Cool

my condolences to his family and himself, this year seems to be friday the
    13th for MTs
    Danny H.

I could post something witty here, but I decided against it. And now I have wasted your time by making you read this.

This just gave me the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hope everything turns out okay for him
    James H.

"The weak of the mind will use fist, And the fist of the frail will bring gun. The loudest of guns provoke bombs,
    And in wrath he will chase until it's done."

I certainly hope everyone involved is able to pull through this. They will be in my thoughts
    Jeremy "Gravefan" Puglisi
    www.allmonster.com

2013 Show Schedule
    Columbus, OH -- Youngstown, OH -- Pittsburgh,PA -- Wheeling, WV -- Las Vegas, NV

I just saw the video for this and I pray that the man makes it.
    Ed Hoormann
    Allmonster.com Beyond The Lens Host

My condolances go out to the entire Monster Nationals team.
    Brett Crawford - Owner
    Crawford Performance Engineering
    Join us on Facebook!
    www.crawfordperformanceengineering.com
    www.madmonsterwraps.com

Best wishes to all those involved.

The list keeps growing.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/u...ry/598447.html

This is terrible news to hear, I hope the announcer recovers from this accident.
    "I don't know if he was having a banana slurpee or what he was doing" - Mike Gallaway.

Members do not see advertisements
    I am stunted right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim, his family, and the Monster Nationals team.

Charles

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information