Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

How to become a monster truck driver

Members do not see advertisements
    At the risk of sounding dumb, what do you have to do to become a competitive monster truck owner and/or driver. I'd REALLY like to become a monster truck driver. (Who here doesn't?) I would even just drive for a team if I have to. Besides probably owning a lot of money or having a very good job, what do you have to do to get noticed as a driver? It can't be as simple as just walking up to a team owner and say, "Can I drive for you?" Can it? I do off-road racing, and I think it's kinda similar to monster trucking. You get take abuse in the car, and you're usually doing 25-40 mile laps. I do want to off-road race, but the races I'd go to is like every other month. Obviously, there's probably gonna be too much for me to type. So, can anybody here give me a possible answer?

getting a commercial drivers license is a good start.

Lots of HARD work.... thats a good start. Actually a lot of it is purely having the luck to know the right people and live in the right areas. A lot of drivers who drive for teams start off working as crew people, eventually they lit you back the trucks in and out of the trailer, or drive them around the shop, and then one day someone quits or gets fired and there is an open seat and your name is on it... Either that or you build your own truck, or make a name for yourself in other forms of racing and apply to LN for a position in one of their trucks... Working your way up from a crew position seems to be how most drivers get into it though.

if you're a good actor, buy a quad and do quad wars for a while. seemed to work for dan allen and george balhan.

Ohh do I see some animosity (sp) towards quad guys there lol! It does look like though that if you crew you stand a chance of driving at some point down the road... Nice info as usual Adam.
    Dave Collard - Got Safety Holds?

As everyone else said,it's a lot of hard work one way or another usually...from teching for LN to crewing for LN, or any team.. Then there's the few lucky ones who are in the right spot at the right time (courtney jolly) But she showed quickly she can handle a monster truck. It's also good to have some sort of racing background or knowledge of the trucks... The more you know about the truck mechanically the better you'll be driving it, in my opnion. If something breaks or goes wrong,at least you'll know how to adapt to the situation so you don't do anymore damage if possible.

mccool Guest

Members do not see advertisements
    The next question is where to you get your commercial license and or where do you find out if a team is hiring

Thread Information