2008 MLMT Red Bluff

jeb134

Just wanted to give a quick update from Red Bluff. We just got back to the hotel after tonight's show. From everything we've heard, last night was a total mess, it rained and there was lots of mud and in the end, Jimmy Creten won both racing and freestyle.
This morning, while moving Jurassic Attack, the engine let go and there were plenty of chunks of engine in the oil pan. So needless to say, Kristy is done for the weekend. In the meantime, the track crew had a big task ahead of them today as they had about 3 inches of water on the track and they cleared all of the dirt out and put the track back together and had it in great shape for tonight.
The track setup was the same as last year which was kind of a modified Chicago style where they went over some hills toward the outside of the track, then make a U-turn and go over the cars.
Jimmy Creten set a track record in qualifying and looked unbeatable again. After blowing through the brackets, the finals pit Andrew Peckham in Tropical Thunder against Creten who remains unbeaten this weekend. In freestyle, Darron came out in El Matador and had some great sky wheelies and got the crowd going. Don Frankish came out next and was the first to launch over the bus stack and took the lead hitting everything on the floor. He would end up being the only one to hit the bus stack tonight as Dan Patrick came out next and went to go over the bus stack the other way (it'll make sense when Chris puts pictures up) and didn't realize the dirt didn't go as far over as he thought and wedged Samson on top of the fence blocking the bus for the rest of the night. There were some great runs by Tropical Thunder, King Krunch and the Crush Out Breast Cancer Patriot, and tonight was the first time I've ever seen a Bigfoot truck boo'd off the floor, although it seemed like Swim was having some engine issues. Kreg Christensen came out and tore up the track, got the biggest air of the night, and was going to go over the dirt hill before fire came out of the headers and a lot of smoke followed ending his run early, but he had the lead. Last out was Jimmy Creten who was clearly the best run of the night (although it was announced that it was a tie) Creten his all of the stacks, launched it into wheelies, and had some crazy cyclone donuts and went longer than anyone else.
Tomorrow's a day show and we'll be there getting pics and video.

jeb134

Yesterday the 11th Annual West Coast Monster Truck Nationals came to a close with Crush Out Breast Cancer day where $10,000 was raised to support the fight against breast cancer, and the winner of the auction got at least the tailgate off of the special edition Patriot body, although I wouldn't be surprised if they got all of it after Dan Rodoni rolled in the finals against El Matador.
The weather was perfect (and I have the sunburn to prove it!) for a day of carnage. Racing was full of surprises as the fast losers would end up going to the finals due to second chances and mechanical problems. Jimmy Creten, who had a shot at doing what no driver has done in the 11 year history of the West Coast Nationals, sweeping all 3racing rounds, was beaten in the first round by Samson. El Matador and the Crush Out Breast Cancer Patriot kept coming back as either fast losers or replacements after Iron Outlaw caught on fire after a win in the second round. The final 4 saw a rematch of the previous round of teammates racing each other as the Patriot beat Tropical Thunder, and El Matador beat Don Frankish in Maniac. In the closest race of the day, Darron Basl pulled out a win and Dan Rodoni lost control and rolled over into the dumpsters.
Freestyle was exciting, as the 7 trucks that were still running came out and put on a great show, but in the end, Jimmy Creten was once again the winner with big air off of the obstacles and high speed cyclone donuts. Chris will probably have some teasers up soon from both days and there's video of the event coming soon. Big thanks and kudos to Joe Froome, Chuck Plumlee, and all the drivers and crew guys who put on another great weekend in Red Bluff.

jeb134

From what I understand, between Turlock and Red Bluff, Chris took over 2800 pics this weekend, so I'd imagine it takes some time to go through all of them and then load them online. Plus, not all of us can sit on Mayhem all day at work :p

From what I understand, between Turlock and Red Bluff, Chris took over 2800 pics this weekend, so I'd imagine it takes some time to go through all of them and then load them online. Plus, not all of us can sit on Mayhem all day at work :p
Come on Jerm...its 11 pm... I am not at work...and wasnt on all day...

Pablog32

Another year, another Red Bluff show in the books.

Say what you will about the MLMT, they put on a great show.

Always fun hanging with the NCMTT plus we had the Larger Than Life Monster Truck Superstar Driver Extraordinair, 27-Time Champion Casey Ladelle with us dropping nuggets of his wisdom all weekend. The guys a riot no matter what he does. Be it, tearing phone books in half, telling waitresses how awesome he is or mocking the handicapped. Funny Funny Guy. Thanks Casey. :D :D :D :D :D

Only 363 more days until next years show.

jeb134

Another year, another Red Bluff show in the books.

Say what you will about the MLMT, they put on a great show.

Always fun hanging with the NCMTT plus we had the Larger Than Life Monster Truck Superstar Driver Extraordinair, 27-Time Champion Casey Ladelle with us dropping nuggets of his wisdom all weekend. The guys a riot no matter what he does. Be it, tearing phone books in half, telling waitresses how awesome he is or mocking the handicapped. Funny Funny Guy. Thanks Casey. :D :D :D :D :D

Only 363 more days until next years show.
Yep, that about sums it up!

chopper

we had the Larger Than Life Monster Truck Superstar Driver Extraordinair, 27-Time Champion Casey Ladelle with us dropping nuggets of his wisdom all weekend.
I have done some shows with Casey and if you want to hear something funny ask him about the show we did in Oakdale and the flag.....

I am **** just thinking about it.......Good times.

casey ladelle

You'll have to jog my memory on that one chopper im tryin but I can't remember.

And Pablo it' 30 time champ now, I won 3 yesterday alone.

jeb134

Was one for tearing up phone books?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1zFWfLVyA4"]YouTube - Casey Ladelle vs. Phone book[/ame]

chopper

Ah Casey, you can't remember when that flag was defacated on......

You laughed for hours......At my expense.

Pablog32

Jimmy is just upset bcause he doesnt get the VIP discount at Luigi's pizza.

Phone book ripping, hockey, scaring children, limbo, arcade racing simulators and women are just a few of Casey Ladelle's championships.

crc1883

Saturday Night Teasers

Iron Outlaw

Bigfoot

Crush Out Breast Cancer Patriot

Tropical Thunder

Samson

Captain USA

Maniac

crc1883

More Saturday Night Teasers

El Matador