2019 World Finals XX

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Dx21685, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Mar 5, 2018 #1

Dx21685

Dx21685

Dx21685

What does everyone think about World Finals XX coming to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ? As a fan that doesn't fly, I never did get to Vegas so I am beyond excited that the World Finals are coming to MetLife. Curious to see if they can sell the place out both nights (80,000+) and what kind of course they set up for racing. I hope its something new/different since there really is no way to start outside the stadium.

2. Mar 6, 2018 #2

nome66

nome66

nome66

i think i read somewhere, probably on Monster Jam's website, that they were going to conduct the World Finals more like the NFL's Superbowl, as a traveling thing instead of it being in one solid place for 20 more years. let's be honest, despite it's amazing layout, Sam Boyd Stadium just plain old doesn't have enough seating for the amount of ticket revenue they could be pulling from the event. i think they still plan on having a "regular season" event at Sam Boyd or more likely the new stadium they want to build in Las Vegas for the Oakland Raider's planned move to the city. now, i have 2 opinion's that oppose eachother; the "wrestle truck" era fan in me wants them to stay because of the tradition and prestige that the atmosphere of Las Vegas brought to Monster Jam, but the current Monster Jam fan in me is completely okay with this move, because from what i've seen, there really isn't any big cultural significance to monster trucks traveling to Las Vegas for one single event, at least not for us fans. Vegas is Vegas, but it's also crazy expensive for people to make the trip, pay for tickets(even for only saturday) and make the trip back to where they came from. a very, very, very large portion of the attendees at the World Finals are not Vegas or even Nevada residents.
    i do hope that this year, they give the stadium a proper send-off, or maybe change the racing layout a little bit. maybe they enter the stadium, then run "San Diego/west coast" or "St. Louis" style with it and get the races from 16 seconds to 25 or 30 seconds, plus require a little more skill than just raw bravery on the single braking zone before throwing the truck into the turn. just an idea.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. Apr 4, 2018 #3

Iwantamonstertruck

Iwantamonstertruck

Iwantamonstertruck

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but the world finals won't be the world finals anywhere but Vegas.....

4. Apr 17, 2018 #4

Tad

Tad

Tad

They canceled it being at met life.

2020 Sam Boyd will be closing so they have to move.

5. Aug 17, 2018 #5

MonkeyDad

MonkeyDad

MonkeyDad

So it's back in Vegas for 2019?

6. Sep 16, 2018 at 10:38 PM #6

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

It's been announced the WF 2019 will be in Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL.. On one hand, I'm a lil disappointed I never got to go to Vegas for the WF. On the other, it's being held in my back yard, more or less. (Jacksonville is 2-3 hrs. away) so I'm pretty stoked about that. C.W Stadium seats lots of people, and the race course can be configured similarly to Vegas, at least it could be some time ago. At any rate. I WILL be there if at all possible.