8/10/13-Back To School Monster Truck Bash-Charlotte Motor Speedway-Line Up Thread

tazfan17

Thanks for the videos! Its gonna be awesome getting to see 3 trucks that have never been too Charlotte (Gunslinger, War Wizard #2 and Walking Tall) looks like is gonna be a great show as usual

tazfan17

Oh yeah your right! '05 was the only show at the dirt track that I missed, never did find any pictures or videos from the event

CMDeerfoot

If everything works out, I will be going to both Bristol and Charlotte; it will be my first time attending the Bristol show, and second time going to Charlotte. Now with that info outta the way, it's time to relieve you guys of some of your concerns with this "transition" of sorts.

In regards to MTX now doing the shows, nothing is gonna change; they're the same producer who helped Sheafer with previous Bristol and Charlotte events. MTX puts on quite a few shows across the country, including the Toughest Monster Truck Tour, Monster Nation, Monsters On The Beach, and various FMX events; not to mention all of their dirt work for motocross, bull riding, rodeo, and equestrian events. Also, for those wondering, the reason that Rich Sheafer is no longer putting these events on himself is due to the fact that he is the south eastern division director of the NHRA; a job that keeps him extremely busy, and leaves him with little time to devote to doing these shows. Having gone to a Monster Nation show earlier this year, I can tell you that both the Bristol and Charlotte events are in good hands; Mr. Sheafer couldn't have picked a better team to take over doing these storied events.

As an interesting side note, they are also putting together a show that will be held at the Milwaukee Mile later this year; it's been dubbed Mayhem At The Mile , and so far I know that it will be an 8 truck field with Bigfoot and Toxic already confirmed.

For those who want more info on MTX, here are links to their website and facebook page.
http://www.dirtshows.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dirtshows?fref=ts

Last edited:

carcrusher

The important questions haven't been asked yet:

1. What's the plan for the track this year? Last year's crossover was really dialed-in and allowed for a jumpover on almost every heat.
2. Will there be a Jack-In-the-Box truck handing out free cheeseburgers during the pit party again this year? Asking for a friend. . . . .

OrangeOutlaw

The important questions haven't been asked yet:

1. What's the plan for the track this year? Last year's crossover was really dialed-in and allowed for a jumpover on almost every heat.
2. Will there be a Jack-In-the-Box truck handing out free cheeseburgers during the pit party again this year? Asking for a friend. . . . .
AGREED Last years track was Awesome plenty long for speed yet technical enough to be challenging.
The lil midway deal was great,free ice cream and burgers and rides for the kids!Best deal in motorsports!

tazfan17

Over Bored is replacing War Wizard in Charlotte so the final line up is
Avenger
Brutus
Stone Crusher
Hooked
Over Bored
Equalizer
Red Solo Truck
Gunslinger
Samson
Walking Tall

Really REALLY excited getting to see all that HP Gunslinger has getting put to work on the huge Charlotte course. Never seen Walking Tall, Over Bored, or Red Solo Truck perform. Walking Tall seems to be a very strong competitor. My final question is will Mike Hawkins be driving Equalizer this year? He hasnt at Charlotte the past 2 years for whatever reason

Last edited:

tazfan17

On Team Screams website under the trucks listed for Charlotte it says Avenger, Brutus and TBD. Any possibility we see another team scream truck?

chad4208

Can someone post more info about walking tall? (yes I googled... I mean information you cant get from a google search

tazfan17

There are some videos of him performing at VA Beach this year on youtube. Not afraid to get some air!!

chad4208

holy crap...it is saturday... I must be going seanile cause i thought it was the 17th for the longest time... :/

tazfan17

Crept up on me too! Im getting ready to see Gunslinger get to use all that HP on the huge Charlotte track

tazfan17

Well Im heading home so Im gonna try and keep this short and sweet. Racing was phenomenal, every race was neck and neck and had you yelling till the end. Gunslinger was BAD fast all night, clearly the one to beat. Finals came down to Gunslinger and Red Solo Truck, Gunslinger spun out after the crossove jump and still made it close at the end but Red Solo Truck won racing. Freestyle was very disappointing, Avenger, Hooked, Stone Crusher, Equalizer, and Red Solo all had short runs due to breakage. Avenger won freestyle but IMO Gunslinger had the best run.

I got sum pretty sweet pics of Titus hooked an avenger after they were towed to the backstretch, as well as sum awesome stills of everything in the pits and sum awesome finish line shots. My buddy drives one of the tow trucks for CMS so I got in 'Under the radar' so to speak and had all access in the pits! Not sure how to post pics but if sumone Pm's me a phone number I can txt them so they can be posted!