any one know what happen to the old magnum jr truck

MonsterNerd1986

Butch's son ran if for awhile, a different verision. The I believe it became the Magnum Force tempo, and then the old mercury. Ive tried contacting Butch, but have got no reply. Definetly my favorite puller after Miester Brau Express.

modeltruckshop

Yes, he had a full size early 80s Ford that was also a magnum force. It looked basically the same. It had an extended wheelbase too. Very sharp looking puller.

MonsterNerd1986

Magnum Force was a full size Ford XLT
Magnum Jr was a ranger , 2wd Super Modified & Exhibition
Then there was Magnum Force the Ford Tempo, 2wd Super Modified
Then a unnamed Mid 50s Black Mercury Sedan

Butch Jr later ran Magnum Jr that was revised, and lowered down.
Butch also built the motor that was in Kirk Dabneys Duraliner Giant Monster Truck.

Trent

magnum jr

thanks guys i wish i could fine some pictures of magnum jr here on the internet

Oldskool

I could have swore I just seen a pic on here of jr sitting next to force. Now I can't seem to find it. Anybody have any pics?

babb_audio

the first truck magnum force was built for a 4x4 class named super maudified..the trucks could have extended wheelbase and be blown...unlike the regular 4x4 pulling class which had a limit on wheelbase and could not be blown or turbo charged..but could be injected..then that class quit running at shows..so the wheelie trucks got popular with the likes of psycho and orange blossom special and the little red wagon....by the was allen gains of the orange blossom special had a super modifies 4x4 truck too..and you know that the little red wagon was a re take on the drag strip wheelie truck...then u.s.h.ra sometime in the early 90's made a new two wheel drive class..it was for mini trucks..so magnum jr was maudified for this class..it then look lowered..allen gains also built a two wheeld drive truck for that class also named the orange blosson special 3 ,,then funny cars where getting popular and then they made a funny car ford temp puller named magnum force...around the time u.s.h.ra quit the new two wheel drive class... i might be off a little on the times...

babb_audio

Butch's son ran if for awhile, a different verision. The I believe it became the Magnum Force tempo, and then the old mercury. Ive tried contacting Butch, but have got no reply. Definetly my favorite puller after Miester Brau Express.
is this the old mercury that you where talking about?

MCMsports

Bet ya all didnt kno that before the tempo was changed out it was renamed to Thunder Coupe . . . . . . theres vid of it pulling against mike hoffs Nitro Yes chi town was renamed . . . .

RnW 13

anybody think of googling butch Schultz and put his hometown in there and seeing what pops up? something probably will pop up like emails or phone numbers. I wouldn't mind knowing cuz I like how the duraliner giants engine was.

theace27

I've talked with Butch, he is a pretty quiet guy, not much for talking. But he does still have the James Dean puller.