Info April 2013 MTRA Board Meeting Notes

Steven

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
MTRA Board Meeting Notes

April 23, 2013

Members in attendance: Tim Hall, Greg Adams, Mike Vaters, Mac Plecker, David Smith, Marty Garza, Brenda Noelke

Meeting begins - 4:00 PM

1. Monster Truck Entertainment

The board is pleased to announce that Danny Torgeson is now requiring all Monster X participants to be MTRA members. Mac Plecker is in the process of training and certifying Woody Zaenglein & Jeff Richards in the inspection process.

2. Truck Certification & Insurance Policy Clarification

At last year?s annual MTRA meeting it was agreed to separate individual Truck Certification from that of the driver. In that regard the board discussed the ramifications of having MTRA Certified Trucks being driven by non-MTRA members. It must be stressed that non-MTRA members are not covered under the insurance policy even if driving a MTRA Certified Truck.
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITS:
Accidental Death, Dismemberment, or Loss of Sight Benefit

Principal Sum: $10,000
Loss Period: One Year

Medical Expense Benefit

Plan Type: Full Excess Medical Expense
Loss Period: 60 days
Maximum Benefit Amount Per Covered Person: $25,000 - $50,000
Dental Benefits: $250 per tooth
Benefit Percentage: 100% of Usual and Customary
Benefit Period: One Year

Deductible Amount Per Covered Person:
Per Occurrence: $5,000

A subsequent discussion of the insurance policy raised procedural questions which were then relayed to our agent for clarification. The following is his response to our questions:

Q: How does the MTRA policy apply to a member without primary insurance (i.e. without Personal, Worker?s Comp, or Promoter coverage)?
A: If the person is injured in a covered accident and does not have personal health insurance, group health insurance, workers? compensation or promoter coverage this policy will respond. Keep in mind the deductible and the limits that I described (above).

Q: How does this policy apply in the event of an injury which is subsequently denied coverage under the member?s personal policy due to the nature of the incident (i.e. motorsport related)?

A: If it is denied then we would need the copy of the denial letter and we would submit the claim with our insurance carrier. Again, keep in mind the deductible and the limits that I described (above).

3. Tire Debris Protection Specification
The issue of the tire debris protection minimum requirement of ?? was once again raised. There appears to be quite a number of trucks which meet all MTRA Certification Standards other than in this specific area. The board appears to be split on this topic. We understand that this issue is limiting the number of Certified Trucks. Some argue that this specification should not be lowered. However, others state that in their opinion it is unfair to characterize trucks which do not conform to this specification as unsafe. Walking a razors edge the board has allowed for doubling of the 1/8? material in order to reach the ?? minimum. Be that as it may this is sure to be an area of ongoing debate.

4. RII Updates

It has come to the board?s attention that many members are experiencing issues in having their Burch RII units repaired. As this has not been an issue with the Motorcom units, David Smith is to speak with John Mudd to discuss the possibility of developing a pigtail adaptor to allow for direct installation of the Motorcom units to existing Burch harnesses. There appears to be some additional benefits as this unit is digital and can be reset from the transmitter.
5. Rule Updates
The board discussed the need for a number of rule updates. These will be discussed with the membership in the upcoming months and are to be put to a vote at the general meeting in December. Some of the proposed rule updates are as follows:

A. Driveline Loop Requirement Update to FELD type design w/Tethers
B. Bolt Minimum Size/Grade Requirement Updates
C. Billet Yokes
D. Brake Rotor Guards
E. Shock Reservoir Orientation/Guards

6. Benda?s Compensation for 2012
Board agrees to pay Brenda Noelke the customary amount for her service above and beyond the call of duty.

7. Mini Monsters
The board was recently contacted by Tod Olson-Weston to inquire about the possibility of including a Mini Monster section within the MTRA Rule Book. He believes that there is a need for some form of basic rules in this regard due to the number of mini monsters currently under construction.

The board discussed the issue extensively and concluded that we must decline due to the level of potential liability involved and we simply believe we do not possess sufficient collective experience to be considered experts in this area. Therefor we should stick to what we know best and urge Tod to assemble a panel of qualified individuals to form an organization focused specifically on that motorsport.

We applaud Tod?s foresight and pledge to provide him with whatever assistance possible with this endeavor.

The next MTRA Board meeting is scheduled for May 29[SUP]th[/SUP]

Meeting Adjourned - 5:10 PM

MTRATTK

Just one question WHY? I see nothing wrong with MTRA Board meetings being posted on this forum. Afterall this is a forum about monster trucks and the MTRA is the only association solely dedicated to monster truck safety for everyone involved in this industry.

Kouvre

Because god forbid we actually post useful information here instead of speculating why Bigfoot doesn't run Monster Jam or why Linsey Weenk doesn't drive Iron Outlaw any more or why Backwards Bob was a thing.

hefner

Just one question WHY? I see nothing wrong with MTRA Board meetings being posted on this forum. Afterall this is a forum about monster trucks and the MTRA is the only association solely dedicated to monster truck safety for everyone involved in this industry.
I have no problem with the MTRA meeting information being posted i just dont agree with everything that they decided on.

- - - Updated - - -

If all that you're going to say is "dislike", then why post? To boost your posts count?
Cause there wasnt a dislike button so i said it instead. and talk about post count when ur almost 2300 and im not to 100.

Danny H.

I have no problem with the MTRA meeting information being posted i just dont agree with everything that they decided on.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause there wasnt a dislike button so i said it instead. and talk about post count when ur almost 2300 and im not to 100.

Still that was one of the most useless and unnecessary posts I've seen on here in a long time. You have an opinion, that's great. But to just post "dislike" and to not even clarify upon that is just a waste of a post.

Personally, I think the whole idea of having a Mini Monsters regulation is a brilliant one as well as the Monster X mandatory requirements.

Dave Genest

- - - Updated - - -
Not that I have to defend James, but he's been registered and a regular here with the new board since it was created, not to mention a vet of the old monster mania board. He has no problem debating anything, but I wouldn't make post count a topic to talk about.

BTW way cool to post MTRA board meeting notes posted.

hefner

I dont like the new Monster x Requirment
Or the the tire debris protection. that should be up to the teams.
The MTRA contacting John Mudd. that shouldnt be their job. if your RII isnt working right then do what you have to to make it work
Mini Monsters should have been brought into the rule book. MTRA members are always telling other truck owners to join the MTRA and then you have a whole group of trucks wanting to join and have a rulebook and all of a sudden the MTRA doesnt know enough. those trucks are just as custom as one of the monster trucks they could use almost the same rule book, it wouldnt take that many changes. and the MTRA is always pushing safety stuff and when a group of trucks with kids and teens as drivers come along and are asking for some rules and safety things the MTRA should step up

Overkill

I dont like the new Monster x Requirment
Or the the tire debris protection. that should be up to the teams.
The MTRA contacting John Mudd. that shouldnt be their job. if your RII isnt working right then do what you have to to make it work
Mini Monsters should have been brought into the rule book. MTRA members are always telling other truck owners to join the MTRA and then you have a whole group of trucks wanting to join and have a rulebook and all of a sudden the MTRA doesnt know enough. those trucks are just as custom as one of the monster trucks they could use almost the same rule book, it wouldnt take that many changes. and the MTRA is always pushing safety stuff and when a group of trucks with kids and teens as drivers come along and are asking for some rules and safety things the MTRA should step up
So in brief...

1. You don't like the fact that Monster X has an interest promoting safety.
2. You think teams should make up their own rules.
3. Teams should also repair their own RIIs.
4. The MTRA should have rules for anything that resembles a monster truck (i.e. RCs, Minis, Megas, street, spreaders, etc.).

Noted and filed accordingly.

KidKrazy86

So in brief...

1. You don't like the fact that Monster X has an interest promoting safety.
2. You think teams should make up their own rules.
3. Teams should also repair their own RIIs.
4. The MTRA should have rules for anything that resembles a monster truck (i.e. RCs, Minis, Megas, street, spreaders, etc.).

Noted and filed accordingly.
noted and filed? i hope it got noted and filed into the trash.

venom nation

isnt this the point in this otherwise meaningful forum where some idiot poster adds, "why dosnt bigfoot race in MJ?", or "is this the year that Bari will take spiderman all the way in vegas this year?". what im trying to say is if you dont have something useful to add to this thread and you dont like that MTRA rules are noted on mayhem, go back to reading your wifes cosmopolitain and learn the latest trends in pedicures and the quikest way to freshin your box

Muddy

Then why didn't you clarify what you didn't like the first time, instead of making a useless single word post?

Also, notice the date above my post count? 7+ years on this forum...of course it's going to be a higher number. Use your head.

Anyway, sorry to derail this guys. I definitely appreciate you all sharing what was discussed with us. I'm interested in the brake covers...did anything happen to spur the addition of those? Or is it precautionary?

shortiron

Is there any specs or drawing of the rotor guards, im building my drive shaft loops now and if i need to change something it would be the time to know.