Awesome photo of Airforce on fire

rns0504

Didn't look NEARLY as bad from my angle

heres my angle from orlando

Glad he got out of those OK

Hired Gun

heres my angle from orlando

Glad he got out of those OK

I remember that vividly,thats me in front of the fire bent over tryin to open the fire bottle,it was intense being that close! As Jimbo said,don't really care to relive it.

rns0504

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Cart thing got the front end screwed up from all the bumps from tryin to get there quickly, is that true?

Hired Gun

No,i was drivin it,it was fine...I took LB ride over the whooty-doo's on the way to the fire though... It was a lil bumpy!

ThePhotoMan

Yes that's a cool pic, but let's turn up the heat a little more...
Jimmy & the gang sure did a great job of getting Damon out of there.
Enjoy the pics.

DanDeFalco

jim might sound like a dumb question how do you get the driver outta there in such a situation when its upside down and on fire right by the cockpit. Is there an emergency exit plan or does the driver just have to find whatever works, i know the fire nozels(sp) r suppose to help extinguish too.

rns0504

From my angle, it looked like one of the Officials helped him out the drivers window. As for the fire nozzles, if I were the driver and my truck just blew like that, my top priority would be gettin' the helll outta there, and not fumbling around for some switch to turn on the fire supressant system that may not help in this type of fire.

FLA Trk Fan

How many times did Air Force catch on fire I was in orlando for that one. But, 2 of the pics have Batman and War Wizard in the background. Neither of these were in Orlando.

M

MTRATTK

So Airforce Afterburner was on fire at two different events, not just one? Right?:confused:

As for the fire supression system, it only takes a few seconds to hit the switch and get out of the truck. The fire supression system buys you that few extra seconds and might put out the fire, but not in this case. Wearing a firesuit as required by MTRA and USHRA also buys you more time to get out and not get extra crispied.

Jimmy since you were there does anyone know what exactly happened to cause these fires twice!!!:eek: We want details!!!