Bad habbit/joe sylvester

propuller

I normaly dont post or start threads very much on these forums,But I did a show over the weekend with Joe Sylvester and the Bad Habbit chevy.Joe is an awsome guy and helped me alot with my shock set up and a few other things.
The little bit Ive been around Joe Ive learned he runs his truck like he stole it every time he starts it.This kid can drive so keep your eyes on him,big things are gonna come his way.This weekend was the 1st time he flipped his truck in 2 years of running it.Let me tell you he charged a car/van/car stack in high gear wide open and got about 35 feet (no lie) of air under the front tires and in mid flight I seen his power steering belt fly off and when the truck hit the ground he drove the crap out of it to no avail without a steering pump.The crowd went wild,unfortunatly Joe ended up on his lid.
Anyway Joe thanks for the help and hope to work with you again and see you kick some more butt.----Good job

BIGFOOTfan25

i met joe last year when i was doing a delivery next door to his shop. he is by far one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in the industry!:D

BIGFOOTfan25

i found this photo on the monsterblog.com. it was taken by paul m. harry, and i think it is one of the funniest photos ever!!!!:eek::D:D:rolleyes:
View attachment 814
would make a great caption this i think;)

Last edited:

[email protected]

And why treat your equipment like that ? It makes no sense. We did a show with him this summer in Mansfield. Yes he seems to be a nice guy but if he keeps running his equipment like he is he will have two problems... a empty bank acocunt & a torn up truck.

The Mansfield show he did a modest estimate of damages about $2,500 - $3,000 and darn near put himself on his lid there as well. For what he was paid for that show he went home in the red !

That's what it is hard for the average fan & some truck owners to understand in our business , you can't drive like Tom meents everytime you get behind the wheel , if you do you will not be in business for long.

On the other hand your truck falls into that catagory of a POS that is lucky to make it through intro's because it can't be properly maintained and promoters will not hire you, or if they do it is for cheap money & the downhill spiral starts with the end in close sight.

Proof of this is evident just look at the long list of drivers, trucks & owners who have came and went in this busienss, that when they got into it they were going to set the MT industry on fire.

RnW 13

Joe is an awesome guy, with an awesome truck, and hes got an awesome personality. He can certainly drive really good, calm or aggressive.

He is one of the newer drivers, as well as the only driver I really look up to at the moment, and hes only a few years older than me, but still, knowing him and seeing his motivation has inspired me. He was cool enough to give me my first legit shot at crewing on a team, it was something to remember, I've thanked him a million times for it.

And to throw this out there. Though most would think its cool that drivers are aggressive like that, and it looks cool, its not always as cool, as well as it doesnt make them any better of a driver, or any worse, just shows they can push a vehicle to its limits.

BTW those wondering why I'm back, I just felt like talking, its been a while I feel better now.;)

Kouvre

What's that saying about having to spend money to make money? If he keeps this up, yeah, he might tear up his truck and be out a lot of money, but he's also much more likely to pick up a big sponsor that knows he will bust his *** every time behind the wheel. The biggest risk is not taking one, and Joe is just more proof of that statement.

TripleB

I look at Joe's career and where its at now as an investment in himself. He is at a point with his program where he needs to move to the next level however to do this he needs to hang it out there a little more, this will cost him money as we all know. However its a risk he's obviously willing to take, no risk, no reward, he has to get some attention and is going about it with aggressive driving. I know he kicked butt in Mansfield this summer! Keep it up Joe and Good Luck :D

propuller

With the way Joe is running his team now-----it will not be long and he will be a truck everyone wants at thier shows.

MonsterTruckLuvin

Joe impresses me more every time I see him perform. He puts on a top notch show and have never seen him cause visable (yes, I know there is more than just "visable to the crowd") damage to the truck. I know there are other events that he may not have been as lucky, but when I've seen him, his stuff stays together quite well.

Yooooo Joe!

propuller

I know Joe will ocasionaly look at these boards--he may or may not respond,but I know he will appreciat the support,and kind words.

Buckeye

Joe is one of the nicest drivers out there and I have been super impressed by the way he's running. If you ever talk to Joe you will know that he is one of the most competitive drivers out there. He's not there to put on a show, he's there to win. I cannot think of another driver who wants to win more than he does and it's evident everytime he hits a van stack wide open or upsets a favorite in racing. Even with the equipment he is using- far from the latest and greatest (though he has made a lot of improvements)- he is turning his team into a contender. He is definitely gaining a fan base and he got the crowds on their feet every time I've seen him this year. Watch out for Joe!!!

propuller

Joe is one of the nicest drivers out there and I have been super impressed by the way he's running. If you ever talk to Joe you will know that he is one of the most competitive drivers out there. He's not there to put on a show, he's there to win. I cannot think of another driver who wants to win more than he does and it's evident everytime he hits a van stack wide open or upsets a favorite in racing. Even with the equipment he is using- far from the latest and greatest (though he has made a lot of improvements)- he is turning his team into a contender. He is definitely gaining a fan base and he got the crowds on their feet every time I've seen him this year. Watch out for Joe!!![/QUOTE
^^^^^^^^well said^^^^^^^^^^