Blower motors?

Milanmetal

How often are you guys rebuilding your blower motors? By rebuilding I mean going through the bearings and rings.

I am building a 1500hp 557 and my engine builder says I should be going through that stuff every race (show). I say more like twice a summer season if that.

The Canadian Rockhead

I'm not speaking from experience, but I know of some folks who just run arenas and small outdoor shows that haven't touched their engines in over 2 years beyond changing oil, plugs, checking the valvetrain, and occasional compression tests. Your builder may be far more familiar with drag engines than monsters. They're built fairly similar, but monster engines don't spend much time at max power as far as I know.

adamsoffroad

I'd say if you're rebuilding your engine more than once a season then you need to find another motor builder or you beat your **** too hard. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I know many guys go over a season if possible.

To be clear i would like to know how you engine builder is giving you a number of 1500 hp , these motors generally make 2. or 2.5 hp per cubic in. ? You need to check compression ratio , I'm curiuos as what that is ? Have you explanied the rule of thumb is 10% overdrive with blower ?
I recomend a oil filter that is serviceable as Oberg or System One, you read your motor buy how your oil looks and metal found in filter , also leak downs on cylinders eventually dropping pan, pull main cap and rod caps ! The bearings never lie !
Good Luck !

Milanmetal

I am not limited to requirements of monster jam/ushra or whoever. My truck is more mega truck but built like monster. My engine is 11.5-11.75:1 compression with a 14-71 blower running 10-15 pounds of boost. I can turn it up to 17-1800hp if I would like.

You are giving the exact same info as my monster truck friends. This guy is a drag racer so I think that has something to do with it.

OOPS my bad , thought you were building a monster truck , awsome , yea I know a few in the drag racing world myself ,lol , I hope you adapt alot of our safety regs to your truck , and please post some dyno sheets when engine is built , what block you running ?

Milanmetal

My chassis is made from 3" and 2" DOM and has somewhere around 250' in it. It's a monster truck on 62.5x17 rice paddy tires. I have sheet metal axles w/ ps250 outers, 4" combs shocks, 19" drop reverse case, full containment race seat, etc. I believe I am going to add a halon system...

I am running an A460 block.