Bullfrog Monster Truck

tnt_motorsports

I believe that is Nashville 86 or 87. I saw the Bullfrog perform so many times that I can't remember, but unfortunately no action pictures. Maybe Lodens Body Shop can get some of those photos of his grandfathers truck uploaded for us sometime.

Ridge Runner

I believe that is Nashville 86 or 87. I saw the Bullfrog perform so many times that I can't remember, but unfortunately no action pictures. Maybe Lodens Body Shop can get some of those photos of his grandfathers truck uploaded for us sometime.
I'll 2nd that. looks like Music City Raceway, TN fairgrounds in 87. I attended my 1st racing event there. BF#6, Bullfrog, AKII, Crimson Giant, Clydesdale, Renagade 1, and maybe 1 or 2 others, My memory's hazy. I do remember Bullfrog and Giant colliding as they came off the line, and they had to tow Bullfrog back to the pits due to not being able to restart.

Last edited:

tnt_motorsports

That sounded like an awesome first show to attend. I know from conversations in years past Farrell has talked about that event and so did Bennett Clark. I was even told that Bullfrog beat the Clydesdale in a head to head race. I know the Bullfrog didn't venture off too much out of Mississippi, but one story that really stood out was a trip to Louisiana. Bigfoot, Bullfrog, and a few others were at the event. When the weekend was over team Bigfoot got paid and the others got stiffed!

I saw the Bullfrog do many displays/car crushes in my day. Every April the town of Amory hosts a huge event called the Railroad Festival. Throughout the 80s the Bullfrog was always on display and would do a car crush on Main Street after the Saturday car show. I remember each year the Bullfrog would ease over the cars until one year they came out doing wheelies and really cutting up! Of course being in the middle town people were close by on the sidewalks watching...needless to say the Bullfrog didn't get to crush cars again at the Railroad Festival!

1fasts10

The first time I saw BullFrog was at Lodens. It was inside the shop and looked at the time like it hadn't been run in a while. this was 88 or 89. This was on the way home back to Florida after just returning from St.Louis and going to Midwest 4x4. Which was a week or two after Gene crashed no 6 in the race against Hercules where they both flipped. And by the way was when I learned of Roadhouse being filmed. Then a couple years later like 91 I saw it race at the fairgrounds in Tupelo. The only other truck I remember from that event was John Moores No Problem 2. It wasnt untill a year and a half ago that I saw BullFrog again when my cousintold me it was right down the road from the town my family lives in.

tnt_motorsports

I was at the race at the old fairgrounds in 1991. That was some good racing...the trucks there that weekend were Bullfrog, No Problem, Casper, Big Red, Dream Master, and Hawk. I remember before the race that night the announcer went around and asked each driver their thoughts on tonight's events and Bullfrog driver Junior Maxey said "I will probably flip". That quote has been a classic my family and I have talked about for years!

Also I was at the old fairgrounds in 1989, which was another classic event. The trucks there that weekend were Bullfrog, Texas Stomper, Evil Force, Blaze of Glory, Big Kahuna, and Renegade.

Also Bigfoot & Bullfrog did a car crush in conjunction with a truck and tractor pull at the old fairgrounds (that would have been either 86 or 87).

Ridge Runner

:mad:Can't stand it when sombody lets a premo vechicle just sit and rot, yet refuses to sell it to someone who'd restore it, saying " I'm gonna fix it it up ...somday."
I've seen it too many times. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

R.R.I

Im still looking for info on the current located an owner if anyone can please help me here an PM me with info!!!! I have an idea were its at but i cant fine the property owner an a name to call so i can speak with the owner.

- - - Updated - - -

This is were i was told it is but it was unoffical. 26165 HWY 25N Golden MS 38847. Can anyone confirm with photos an a contact info..??? Im intrested in this machine.

1fasts10

That is the property it is at. The truck is not very visible from hwy 25. However the truck is backed up to Doc ashley rd. and can easily be seen from it. there is no street view avalible on maps but is where my and tnt's pics were taken from.

R.R.I

Does anyone live near it?? I need help getting the owners name so i can speak to him in private an see what the future holds

RnW 13

:mad:Can't stand it when sombody lets a premo vechicle just sit and rot, yet refuses to sell it to someone who'd restore it, saying " I'm gonna fix it it up ...somday."
I've seen it too many times. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
hey, cut them some slack, it only took Kid Rarig about 21 years to actually "GET TO" retoring thunder chicken, it just shows SOMEONE will get around to it, SOMEDAY.

tnt_motorsports

Bad thing about the Bullfrog compared to other old school trucks is that it was parked underneath a covered garage and didn't need near the restoration work as a lot of other trucks until the new owner bought it...now it's rotting away.

R.R.I

Still looking for anyone with contact info on bullfrog. I would like to put the truck back together!!!!

This is tnt_motorsports with a new username.

Here is an updated photo of the Mississippi Bullfrog monster truck taken today June 9, 2020. It is back home in Amory, MS at Loden's Body Shop.

Attachments