Truck Related Bustin Loose & Ron Nelson.. Returned? Done?

USA1Lives

I was looking at Monster Photos and saw they had some newer photos of Bustin Loose from Jan 2010 it looks like. Any ways, same chassis and maybe a newer body. Little bit different paint scheme but it was pretty close.

Nice to see the truck doing some shows again. It was always a favorite of mine but I was curious, was this a one time deal?

I believe it says RN Motorsports on the tailgate, so I assume it is still owned by Ron Nelson? Anyone know for sure? Always heard different stories from the truck was just sitting in the trailer, to it was for sale (Maybe it is now?) and then heard it was parted out a few years ago (which would go against the pictures).

Was just curious to see what people knew about it. I figure that someone on here could put the pieces together.

Last edited:

RnW 13

I was looking at Monster Photos and saw they had some newer photos of Bustin Loose from Jan 2010 it looks like. Any ways, same chassis and maybe a newer body. Little bit different paint scheme but it was pretty close.
It actually says Jan 9 and 10, not Jan 2010. Those pictures have been on the site since 2008, he rearranged the page last June.

USA1Lives

Okay.. sorry about that.. going off of his site and the update can be hard to understand...

Any ways, that still leaves the question where is the truck now? It was on facebook that someone heard Ron was driving again.

Paul curtis

Ron still has the truck rig and 2 trailers last I heard(I have a piece off of the old extended cab body that I got from his CNC guy) but has little interest(due to financial constraints) in running it, he still fires it up from time to time, but otherwise its parked in its hauler on the loading tires in his shop, and more than likely will stay that way. Ron last I heard was working as a Lineman.

there is a guy who runs an a machine shop/performance shop in Conroe(in fact he built motors for Ron at one point) that claims to have bought it, but he's fullocrap....

Last edited:

Danny H.

Ron Nelson was driving Predator in ATL, and he said he had plans on returning it. Whether or not he'll go through with them, I don't know.

RyanRoberts

Dale Mitchell of predator racing told me in Memphis that Allen is supposed to be building Ron a new chassis...

72ZEBRA

When he was driving for Pezo, Ron told me that we would see him again in a new Busting Loose soon. But thats been over a year. Plans may have changed.

drf

Working for the light company.. Wanting to bring the truck back by next summer.. Getting running gear by pezo and rebuilding the chassis soon. Is the latest

jetmonkeyj

Working for the light company.. Wanting to bring the truck back by next summer.. Getting running gear by pezo and rebuilding the chassis soon. Is the latest
That would be amazing to see. Wild Man Ron was always one of my favorites.

Reminds me of the mtm2 project I did last year. Kind of a "what it" the truck might look like today using the old HW's scheme from a couple years back...