Carrier Dome in Syracuse accepts WWE..Maybe Monsters ?

look-out

The dome used to have an inflatable roof, which would cancel out monsters. I believe they had it replaced (not sure if it was a solid roof though), which would make it seem plausible for monsters to make an appearance there.

Not counting Montreal, there's not a single dome show in that area of the country.

Dx21685

Where did you find out that WWE is now being allowed at the Carrier Dome? Hmmmmm perhaps Wrestlemania 27?!?! That place is huge. Monster truck shows at the Carrier dome would be amazing! Here's hoping!

MasterofTame

Where did you find out that WWE is now being allowed at the Carrier Dome? Hmmmmm perhaps Wrestlemania 27?!?! That place is huge. Monster truck shows at the Carrier dome would be amazing! Here's hoping!
I doubt it would work for a mania. Syracuse is not a big market. On the monster truck front, they can try it. No shame in trying something that can either work out or not.

Dx21685

While Syracuse is a small market, it could definitely handle a Wrestlemania. Central NY could use that economic boost and the Carrier Dome could hold about 70,000-80,000 for a Wrestlemania. I mean let's face it, people from all over the world travel for it.
As for a Monster Truck show, I think it would do great there. Whether Chris Arel comes down from Canada for a huge show or the USHRA puts on a new stadium show. Worth a shot!

MasterofTame

Entirely off topic from monster trucks:

While Syracuse is a small market, it could definitely handle a Wrestlemania. Central NY could use that economic boost and the Carrier Dome could hold about 70,000-80,000 for a Wrestlemania. I mean let's face it, people from all over the world travel for it.
As for a Monster Truck show, I think it would do great there. Whether Chris Arel comes down from Canada for a huge show or the USHRA puts on a new stadium show. Worth a shot!
Yeah and there needs to be pitch for the venue to hold it. The city of Glendale was pitching for it for an entire year and half before the date was announced. Just about every city to house WrestleMania are now bidding for it like the SuperBowl. The only two who won't need to are Los Angeles and New York.

Now it's safe to read again.

Beerman1

why would you say an inflatable roof would cancel out monsters? HHH dome in minnie is an airlock roof and we do shows there

CPE MT

x2 with the inflatable roof? The dome still uses that style roof, but to my knowledge has never hosted a motorsports event.

There are Disney on Ice events held there though, so maybe that's an in for Feld to use it to host other events. That's a 50,000+ seat stadium and would be absolutely SWEET to hold a Monster Jam in.

modeltruckshop

The Silverdome in Pontiac was and they had a lot of monsters there. Kingdome too? I had wondered about that comment too but thought I was just missing something. At least all of us were missing the same thing?:confused:

MasterofTame

The Silverdome in Pontiac was and they had a lot of monsters there. Kingdome too? I had wondered about that comment too but thought I was just missing something. At least all of us were missing the same thing?:confused:
The Kingdome was just a thin shell structured dome. It wasn't an air-based dome. Source wikipedia.

indyh2

Yes the RCA dome was an airlocked dome. I never made it to a show in the dome, but I marched there a number of times for band. Always was a cool place, I'll miss it. Lucas Oil is HUGE though, can't wait to make it to a show in the future!

chad4208

Yes the RCA dome was an airlocked dome. I never made it to a show in the dome, but I marched there a number of times for band. Always was a cool place, I'll miss it. Lucas Oil is HUGE though, can't wait to make it to a show in the future!

st louis style please....wink wink....:Wink:

:Sheep hc: =too funny

steve2112

I guarantee you'll NEVER see monsters in the Carrier Dome. The concrete bases that the bleachers are bolted to, extend too far in all four directions. There would not be enough room, in my opinion. The last indoor monster truck events in Syracuse were at the tiny Onondaga County War Memorial in the early 1990s (though, I suppose one could argue that if they raced there, they could race in the Dome...but if you want the big, sprawling indoor courses they have in the giant stadiums you see on Speed Channel, it just wouldn't work). If you want to see monsters in the 'Cuse, your only shot is every June outdoors at the State Fairgrounds.

crc1883

The Kingdome was just a thin shell structured dome. It wasn't an air-based dome. Source wikipedia.
the kingdome had a concrete roof not a think shell structured dome. i had attended numerous mariner's games during the summers i went up to fort lewis to visit my brother and i had the chance to walk down on the field on time. i can still remember looking straight up and just looking at the roof.

Rokoneer

The last indoor monster truck events in Syracuse were at the tiny Onondaga County War Memorial in the early 1990s
Been there, done that. Remember seeing Kirk Dabney there...

Have to agree that the War Memorial is too small to host a modern era truck event, and that you'll never see an MT event in the Dome either.