Show Related CFP Moberly, MO Results

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Steel Dragon, May 5, 2013.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. May 5, 2013 #1

Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon

Rain, snow, freezing temps, and mud couldn't keep fans away as monster trucks came to the Randolph Co. Raceway for the first time!

Trucks and Drivers:
    Smashosaurus: Dale Gerding
    Tail Gator: Doug Noelke
    Heart Breaker: Paul Strong
    El Loco: Shannon Quick
    Ghost Ryder: Larry Quick
    Bigfoot Bessie: Kevin Koszala

Plus the Bumble Bee ride truck and some tough trucks.

Wheelie:
    Heart Breaker

Racing: The course was clockwise Chicago-style with one lane on the race track and the other on the infield.

Round 1:
    Heart Breaker def. El Loco
    Tail Gator def. Ghost Ryder (dq for not getting both tires on cars)
    Smashosaurus def. Bigfoot Bessie

Round 2:
    Smashosaurus def. Heart Breaker
    Bigfoot Bessie def. Tail Gator (crossed the line first but didn't get both tires on cars)
    (Consolation) Ghost Ryder def. El Loco

Final:
    Smashosaurus def. Bigfoot Bessie

Freestyle:
    It was a horrible, muddy mess, but all the drivers performed admirably given what they had to work with. Obstacles included the racing lanes, a van stack, and a big dirt mound that provided some big air in spite of the mud. In the end, Paul Strong and Heart Breaker pulled out the win with an awesome run on a blown head gasket.

Excellent show all around, and cudos to CFP for mixing it up and not using straight-line drags. I won't be able to make Sunday's show, though :(

Smashosaurus really ranks up there on my list of favorite trucks now. It looks so awesome in person.

Edit: I got videos of the wheelie and freestyle contests and will upload as time allows

2. May 5, 2013 #2

fastj14

fastj14

fastj14

Hey thanks for the results! I wasn't able to make it up there this weekend. Can't wait to see the pictures and videos!

3. May 7, 2013 #3

EdCFP

EdCFP

EdCFP

Moberly Mud

First off I would like to thank our line-up of trucks and drivers that went past the point of AWESOME to provide an awesome show for a grandstand full of great fans who braved the weather on Saturday and many came back for the 2pm Sunday show.

Obersavations:
    Larry Quick and Shannon are the hardest working people in monster trucks I have ever seen.........they live it breathe it and are all about the fans.
    Kevin with BIGFOOT is probably the best PR guy Foot has had for many a year. He does a great job with the sponsors and fans.
    Paul and Kaila are some of the most dedicated and easy to work with people that I have ever met. He is having fun driving and she is going to be a great Mom soon.
    Big Dawg Team.......Brenda and Doug and their driver and crew are some of the most professional of any I have ever seen. I am hoping we can see allot more of them this coming seasons.
    Ed Callan was awesome. MR Peg Leg (he is getting a new hip next week I think so he is hobbling with pain the whole show) Ed was again just awesome to work with and now I remember how much fun we had with our shows!

Ken the announcer adapted to my style and was all about learning and being a TEAM PLAYER that is something every company needs and this guy is it for sure.

The rest of the people there were awesome including the tuff trucks, track workers,

Thanks again!
    Ed Beckley
    checkered Flag Productions

4. May 7, 2013 #4

Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon