cliff starbirds trucks

ProTruckChallenge

next up on the where are they now list is cliff starbirds trucks.

frankenstein, wild stang, monster vette........ where they at?

Rainstorm410

I know for a fact they are rotting in a "museum". I think they're still at Starbirds place. There were pics of them posted quite some time ago.

Cactusjack1999

Yeah. that they are.

They are rotting outside of Darryl Starbird's Car museum in Oklahoma.

They are up on steel beams to keep the tires from getting flat spots...but they are outside 24/7 and aren't protected. As such they are literally rotting away in teh oklahoma weather.

theace27

Does anyone have any pics? I looked on the Darryl Starbird's museum website but there isn't much there other then a pic of Frankenstien from years ago.

okchevy29

ya, i've been there a couple of times. the trucks are in terrible condition, when i was there the paint was coming off the chassis and plants were growing up through the truck. It was a terrible sight, i think darryl should restore them and take them around on his car show schedule. I try to find some pics, i have a few.

T

Thunder Crasher

Well, would I be accurate at making the assumption that Darryl and Cliff Starbird are related in some sort of way??

I think Monster Vette was awesome, definately one of my favorite classic trucks.

Cactusjack1999

Acctually the picture of Frankenstein there is from an issue of I believe 4-wheeler magazine.

I DID manage to find some pictures of Monster Vette as it looks now

And to answer another person's question. Darryl Starbird is Cliff Starbird's dad.

T

Thunder Crasher

wonder how much the vette'd go for now, be a nice restoration project..

V Needs Speed

skytrucker, it does appear so that all 3 are sitting outside. if you look in the picture of monster vette (the 2nd one with fam014.jpg titled in the link) you can see part of the fender of what looks to be frankenstein

skytruckerjr

V Needs Speed

i did notice that, thats what made me wonder that. but now that im thinking about it. wild stang was a rage top, so that thing has to be trashed if its outside.

RampageFSJ

Aww, I can't believe what's happening to those trucks:( . That seriously made me sick just seeing the Vette.

adam tereska

See Monster Vette like that makes me want to hurl. That was Frankenstein in the background. I would bet that Wild Stang will need floors as well as interior and a top. This is sickening. Cliff needs to be smartened up badly.