cliff starbirds trucks

ProTruckChallenge

another one that makes me sick. how can someone just not care about these legendary trucks? frankenstein doesnt look as bad as the vette, but it still is horrible

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
fiberglass does that when it sits out not getting washed and waxed and stuff

the way i look at it... i would rather see it in rough shape and together than knowing its been torn apart and scrapped

ive seen some much worse off... its not as bad as it looks, really

also, the way someone can not care about such legendary trucks is simple, its the same thing that makes this whole sport go round, money.

It takes money to keep a truck up, takes money to restore one and keep it perfect. Now its probably more profitable for Daryl to let them sit as they are, together, being used as a dispaly vehicle (hey, atleast they are still being used) than to keep their oil changed and washed and waxed to keep 20 or 30 die hard monster truck fans online happy by keeping it perfect

sorry if i stepped on your toes but thats how it works, not that he doesnt care about them... theres simply no need in keeping them perfect, being as they are very outdated and theres really no place for them in the mosnter truck world except for what they're doing now, and thats sitting there. they're either gonna rot indoors or rot outside.

Last edited:

ProTruckChallenge

sadly thats the truth. no matter how hard any of us protest, the only way these trucks will become nice again is if someone buys it and restores it.... but thats not gonna happen.

hey wait a second. these trucks are at a museum. so are you telling me that the other cars are being treated the same? i highly doubt that, or the museum would be very crappy

theace27

I personally can't say as that I have seen a car or truck rot inside a museum?? Unless that museum is a dive, the chances of something rusting out while it is inside a heat controled place is totally unlikley... Unless it happends to sit under a leaky pipe which leaks salt water... The Starbirds could at least put the glass back in those trucks to at least slow the aging process... but I am afraid that that process is already on the move.

T

Thunder Crasher

I think I understand what bowtie means, they arent in use, have no purpose anymore really than to be two of the oldest MT among many others, and it costs money to keep them in shape when they arent as bad as we probably think.

I bet if they got some mechanic work, some fluid changes, and a fresh coat of paint, theyd be as good as new, still rather useless though. I have been thinking about contacting Cliff to talk about donating them to Volo. They have done complete overhauls of some vehicles they have, they might just do that with these too.

ProTruckChallenge

still. i dont know what engines these trucks had, if they were supercharged or not. i'd imagin wild stang is cuz of the scoop but idk. it would take about 100 bucks to get them running right, and paint is nothing. i make that much a day. my point is it wouldnt take much to get these to at least LOOK good. they dont have to run good, that would be stupid. but if they are at a museum, you would think the main thing would be to have them look presentable?

Cactusjack1999

I don't tknow if Wild Stang is even arround any more cause as I recall it rolled over and nearly killed Cliff because of the lack of any type of roll cage.

adam tereska

Last time I saw Wild Stang was fixed and displayed there as well; maybe in a different part of the museum outdoors but still there, faded like the vette.

PolskaInvader

I'm almost positive that Wild Thing is the old Arachnid ride, which is a pickup body.

I have seen pics of Wild Stang at Starbirds, and it wasn't any better than vette or frankenstein. Considering this is a museum, there's no reason the trucks can't be spiffed up for stationary display. Bigfoot 5 and Fastrax are always outside and they still look incredible. Tear em down, clean em up and give em a fresh coat of paint and you're set. They don't have to run, since they're no good for racing anymore and their purpose will be display only.

Cactusjack1999

well Bigfoot 5 has to have osme kind of special ritual for it to stay in one place for as long as it does.

Namely all the fluids being drained from the truck so they dont' freeze or congele and gunk up the motor.

It is probably the reason why bigfoot 7 was made totally inoperable.

BiteMeStudios

Someone PLEASE steal those **** trucks and restore them...that is easily the saddest monster truck-related thing I have EVER seen. Just a shame.

Here is a clip with the Wild Stang endo...funny music too.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=fef0sE0vo7c"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

Last edited:
T

Thunder Crasher

I've always wanted to, or if I couldnt, wanted someone else to buy the Monster Vette, revamp it and all, and name it COREVETTE or HARDCOREVETTE. Be a hit at any show. It could probably keep up if fixed up properly. If the jeeps can be competative the vette can too.