Come on back and show your new trucks!

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Angie, Mar 7, 2019.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Mar 7, 2019 #1

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Site Admin Moderator

No one is posting. so how about some post about one or all of the below questions?

1. How is your weather?
    2. Where do you drive when the weather is messy outside?
    3. Do you have a camera on the top?

Can we see images or links to your videos?

2. Mar 14, 2019 #2

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

I would love to see this forum thrive again. It takes people taking the initiative to make it happen. It’s not because the thread isn’t here, it’s because people aren’t visiting or posting. Maybe that’s the state of monster trucks? Maybe people have bailed on the sport? All I know is I don’t get why people have abandoned this forum.

3. Mar 17, 2019 #3

Angie

Angie

Angie

Do you have any ideas on getting people back? We have sent out notifications that it is here and available.

4. Mar 18, 2019 at 11:27 PM #4

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

Unfortunately no. I personally think it’s a sign of the crisis that the sport is currently in. The fans just aren’t there. That’s because no one in the industry is offering anything that would potentially create fans or compel people to actively follow the sport, and the industry has been this way for the past 20-25 years. Not even monster jam has done anything to foster growth in fanbase for quite some time. They’ve just kept doubling down on making their shows like Disney on Ice with monster trucks, and selling toys to kids. It’s sad really.

BUT!!! let me tell you what I’ve got in the works.....

I’m a prospective team owner and driver. I have plans to begin building a truck and a team later this year to be debuted in 2020. So I’m getting into the industry with plans to try to influence some change and growth.

I’m also looking into potentially creating a brand new monster truck racing series. I’ve got plenty of capital to work with, and am seriously looking into putting my ideas into practice and pursuing them. I see so much that needs to be changed in the monster truck industry if its going to survive, let alone improve. The state of the industry now is sad and pathetic to be honest. It needs reinvigorating for the next decade. It needs to be made into a real sport with real racing, real competition, and real drivers who are stars and have real name recognition like back when it was Dennis and Tom Meents. The current monster jam model of making it like a Disney on Ice show with a bunch of fabricated, generic characters playing the roles of drivers does the opposite of this. The sport needs to be turned on it’s head, the over-the-top, freestyle-focused, circus-like show needs to be scrapped, and a real racing points series with serious teams needs to be established. The racing needs to be intense and the courses need to allow for high speeds and big air.

I’m looking into creating an actual racing series and sanctioning body for monster trucks that would be built into a top notch racing league on the level of NHRA, NASCAR, Lucas Oil Off-Road series, and AMA Supercross. There are many things that can be done to make the series very successful and bring lots of fans and excitement into it. I’ve been noticing that the industry needed change for a long time, but instead of sitting around waiting for someone to do it, I believe I’ll have to do it myself.

Nothing I’m sharing is official yet, but I am definitely in the early stages of planning. I will be creating a YouTube channel as soon as the work on my first truck begins later this summer. I will come back here and share everything that is going on.

But to conclude, if the sport can see the changes I’m talking about, there will be more fans getting engaged, and you will see traffic to this site increased significantly.

5. Mar 19, 2019 at 3:18 AM #5

Angie

Angie

Angie

Man! I sure hope you have the people to help you do this. It sounds like getting back to basics of racing, grease and all. (I grew up around drag racing with a sprinkling of circle track and a touch of demolition.) Keep me up to date. I'll be a cheering section for you.