Complaint to Feld Motorsports - Anaheim CA Monster Jam - 1/24/09

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Dino, Jan 27, 2009.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Jan 27, 2009 #1

Dino

Dino

Dino

:mad:
    This is one angry monster jam fan And i feel that if i paid full price for tickets I'm a customer and therefore have a right to complain about the event.

First off we bought our tickets and the section I was in was full of people who weren't sitting in their own seats, so i spent half the event finding an usher and didn't get to my seats until the semi finals.

Second the event was rushed to the max. There was just too much hurrying going on through the event and nothing was enjoyable and all the trucks and drivers seemed as if they were just there to get the event over with and go home.

Third off freestyle was a complete joke. Because I missed most of the racing due to seating problems I was expecting freestyle to be great. But Donkey Kong and Grave Digger both gave lack luster runs, it wasn't chucks fault because he wnet over after 5 seconds or so and bent a 4-link bar and didn't get flipped back for an encore (obviously for safety reasons) but If my memory serves me correctly grave digger has run with only 3 wheels for encores in the recent past.

Monster trucks can go 0-70 in 2 seconds, and have at least 1500hp, I feel that small indoor venues such as Anaheim should be a thing of the past because i saw no hint of 1500hp or any mt being able to reach any sort of speed because of the limited amount of room they had. VERY BORING.

In conclusion the event was very boring, the service was horrible, they played bad to the bone while they were interviewing chuck and I couldn't hear anything he was saying. Whoever directed the event was distracted and should be fired, I felt like I went to a 99 cent store version of monster Jam. And quite frankly I don't think i will ever attend a monster jam again.
    From, a very disappointed customer
    -Dino

P.S. I have been going to monster truck events since 1986 and this was by far the worst.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Jan 27, 2009 #2

carcrusher

carcrusher

carcrusher

if you've been going to events since '86, you would be aware of the fact that anaheim is one of the biggest floors on the tour.

first of all, it's not the promotor's fault that the ushers weren't doing their job. most of the time (in the east anyway) the ushers are part of a separate union and work independently of the promotors, and sometimes even the building staff.

to complain that a truck couldn't do an encore while the truck was damaged given the past weeks' events is just plain ignorant an an insult to the sport.

3. Jan 27, 2009 #3

jeb134

jeb134

jeb134

Wasn't it muddy there too? Kinda hard to get up to those speeds you're talking about with limited traction. From the videos I've seen online, it looked like a pretty cool show, sucks you had such a bad experience...

4. Jan 27, 2009 #4

Dino

Dino

Dino

well if you've been going to Anaheim you would realize it went from a football field(dome size) to a baseball field and is very awkward for trucks to get up to fast speed. I'm just saying its time for monster trucks to move outdoors and not be indoors they're too fast and too much can go wrong. And again i paid money so why don't I have a right to complain?

there was plenty more room when jim kraemer and eliminator collided than there is now, it's an awkward baseball diamond now.

"to complain that a truck couldn't do an encore while the truck was damaged given the past weeks' events is just plain ignorant an an insult to the sport."

to that i say nothing, i think the trucks should be outdoors now and that means i agree with the fact that a truck shouldn't run with a bent 4-link bar... I'm just saying the event was a joke and 2/3 of the audience was out the door before the last freestyle. Just because someone has a bad night at monster jam doesn't mean he has to treat the people involved like Jesus. You get bad treatment at Albertson's u complain, monster jam is no different.

5. Jan 27, 2009 #5

Dino

Dino

Dino

yeah the mud was a big issue more toward the outside of the field but not really on the inside, in the old days the track crew would have done something about this...

and it was good seeing zimmer win

6. Jan 27, 2009 #6

jeb134

jeb134

jeb134

You're really confusing me bro...Baseball fields are bigger than football fields first off, and you keep saying "it's time for monster trucks to move outdoors and not be indoors" when the show you went to was outdoors...

7. Jan 27, 2009 #7

Beerman1

Beerman1

Beerman1

I bet the show lasted just about 2 hours...which is the same time frame as usual. you couldnt get to your seat? how was that Felds fault? you didnt get to see a truck go 70MPH? how many shows do we see those speeds besides Vegas? digger rolled and didnt encore? youre complaing that with the past 10 days incidents, Feld is being careful? arent you one of the same people that complains when broke trucks keep goin?

8. Jan 27, 2009 #8

Dino

Dino

Dino

how is anaheim outdoors? the fact that the building doesn't have a roof DOES NOT give them more floor space :confused:

9. Jan 27, 2009 #9

Beerman1

Beerman1

Beerman1

ok expert....what would you have done? lets hear this one

10. Jan 27, 2009 #10

jeb134

jeb134

jeb134

I'm pretty sure the definition of outdoors is not having a roof...and what does that have to do with floor space???

11. Jan 27, 2009 #11

carcrusher

carcrusher

carcrusher

i have seen plenty of footage from all angles of angels stadium, and there is still plenty of room for the trucks to maneuver.

just because you pay money doesn't mean that you have the right to complain. you still had the choice to purchase the tickets, the choice to go to the show, and the choice to leave if you weren't satisfied. kind of what America is based off of, no?

12. Jan 27, 2009 #12

Beerman1

Beerman1

Beerman1

did you actually just type that and think you made sense?

13. Jan 27, 2009 #13

Dino

Dino

Dino

the seat thing is Anaheim fault but i still paid for a seat and when i pay money i want everything to go well don't you?

and as or broken trucks doing encores you're right it has never been my cup of tea but the show needed it and as i said the majority of the people were out of the building b4 the last freestyle, apparently i wasn't the only one upset with the event..

call me a jerk, call me a hypoctrite, I'm upset with what I bought and if you guys can't come to terms with the fact someone gets upset when they spend their money and get **** in return from a promoter and go on here to complain, I may as well be bashing someone's religion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  14. Jan 27, 2009 #14

jeb134

jeb134

jeb134

Well, based on the whole America thing, he does have every right to complain...however his complaints are very confusing...

15. Jan 27, 2009 #15

Sewilo

Sewilo

Sewilo

For one, the complaints are confusing.

For another, this is NOT the place to complain to Feld or say you weren't happy with your seating. If you want to tell Feld, e-mail then yourself posting it here won't get you anywhere.

16. Jan 27, 2009 #16

Crazyman9

Crazyman9

Crazyman9

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused...how is Angels Stadium not outdoors?

17. Jan 27, 2009 #17

Dino

Dino

Dino

ok let me clear up tis outdoors thing

I consider outdoors to be a speedway like Charlotte , or a fairgrounds like a jamboree with a lot more space.

Anaheim stadium is surrounded by 4 walls and has limited room and the drivers are always mindful to be on the brakes early or not get the trucks up to speed as they could in a jamboree or something.

18. Jan 27, 2009 #18

Paul curtis

Paul curtis

Paul curtis

How was the Astrodome Indoors then?

19. Jan 27, 2009 #19

carcrusher

carcrusher

carcrusher

so basically, you knew going in that you weren't going to be happy because it wasn't your ideal event environment, yet you went and complained about it anyway?

be lucky that you even have a large stadium to go to. i haven't had a stadium show within 5 hours of me for 12 years.

20. Jan 27, 2009 #20

Dino

Dino

Dino

car crusher, i went anticipating an awesome night like the 1/10/09 show in anaheim which was amazing, this event didn't even come close...