Crystal Ball for M.L.M.T. 2008 and beyond

AuzGrams

Give me something that you think is going to happen in 2008 and beyond?

2008 Champion-Mark Hall in Raminator
TV:TNT

T

Thunder Chicken

Fox sponsors Monster Jam through the TMNT trucks. Ever notice the "FoxBox" graphic on the back of 'em?? That's what they call their Saturday morning lineup. I believe Jetix is through 'em too isn't it?

What do I see happening? The open qualifying system not working out at all as they plan.

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
We've got 3 weeks to wait before the announcements regarding the series. I think we should all just hang tight until then.

T

Thunder Chicken

This whole thread'll end in tears, I just know it.

Beerman1

I say, that untill there is a fool-proof / fail-safe timing system in place, its going to be extremely difficult to have a "pay by position" series. at this point, MLMT doesnt have that.....working on it yes, but not completely

cmunds

MLMT will take over the WORLD~

i honestly see nothing but good things coming from this series...

IN MY OPPINION - nothing else is even near this level. Last year looked amazing, so i cant wait to see what a full year, with a partial year under their belts brings...

oh, ya and Mark Hall will be winner in 08.... just another prediction! ;)

T

Thunder Chicken

i honestly see nothing but good things coming from this series...
If it doesn't come unglued at the seams and fall apart, you might be right.

T

Thunder Chicken

TC, always so positive...
I guess my rose colored glasses just don't work as well as everyone else's. God, reality bites sometimes, doesn't it?

T

Thunder Chicken

I know what I know, Andrew. You're one of those that likes to act like it's always my first dog and pony show and forget that I've seen just about as much as the rest of you fanboys, more than some. MLMT ran a relatively small schedule, and though it has a great deal of potential, I'm not going to jump on this bandwagon just yet. I'm not like the rest of these folks. ProMT had potential on paper and we see how well it worked out. MLMT had some great shows. Now let's see 'em carry that momentum forward, especially with open qualifying. If it all goes off without a hitch, I'll be pleasantly surprised. However, it'll still be it's 2nd year...arguably first FULL year of operation. I'm not going to expect the moon and stars out of it like the rest of you cats. That's just unreasonable. At best it'll have growing pains. At worse, it'll collapse and we'll all lament it. Either way, I'm not expecting it to be the be all and end all right out of the box.

Anyhow, keep your snide personal attacks to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmunds

i just as soon jump on and support them now... call it the self fulfilling prophecy, call it just supporting something i believe in. I am going to support them and go to as many shows of theirs as i can.

I have read things like: "EVERYONE was on their feet" "I have never SEEN such intense racing" "IT was amazing!" Those types of comments is what i hear.

optimistic vs pessimistic

left vs right

can handle change vs cant handle change

Kind of like when Dale E. died, some fans never even watched NASCAR til Sr died... I was watched before he died...

and i watched monster trucks before monster jam died~! :D

T

Thunder Chicken

Who said Andrew doesn't know what he's talking about? All I'm saying is, I'm not as retarded as people would like to make me out to be and I'm tired of seeing one of Andrew's ignorant personal quips against me just about every time I post something on here lately. I dunno what kind of bug crawled up his butt lately but I wish he'd get rid of it. Typically he's one of the chillest guys on the board and until recently I know I never had an issue with him...

And it's really simple, people have really jumped on this MLMT thing with both feet and have made some really wild and overly optimistic predictions about it both in this thread and others. I think the potential is there, but I'm just not going to get all worked up over it right out of the box like some of you guys have. Just chill and let's see what happens with this thing. If it works, it'll be great and I've never said otherwise. If it works. And I hope it does. But they don't have a full year under their belt yet and you have to keep that in mind. Yeah they have some knowledgable guys working for 'em that've been around the block a few times but MLMT itself is new. What they're doing is fairly new. All I'm sayin' is let's not ask for the moon and stars from these guys and let's just see where things go. You start having outrageous ambitions and predictions and no matter what they do, you're going to get yourself all let down over it because it didn't live up to the ridiculously high standards you've already sat for 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

freakshow

Get a clue. Everytime somebody says anything about MLMT ThunderChicken is right there jabbin the jaw about how its to soon to tell blah blah blah. These are not overly optimistic opinions, I see it more as people who are sick and tired of Monster Jams bull and are we are finally getting the sport back on the right track. Sorry that your ship is sinkin, sure I will see ya aboard this vessel soon.

TC, Have you sat and watched the monster blogs videos of MLMT. There is no comparison at all. The way I see it is Monster Jam is fake and the little kid thing and this is where the big boys play for real money with real businesses at stake. Is that not a fair statement

Stephen

Last edited: