Dave Harkey Rememberances

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Update 4/19/08: [ame="http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6800"]http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6800[/ame]

MonsterStyleCom

In loving memory of David Harkey
1959-2008

Thank you for the hundreds of thousands of smiles you brought to Monster Truck fans across the world.

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
I had the pleasure of seeing Dave drive Bigfoot at a Monster Nationals show in Durham, NH in 2005. It had been several years since I had seen Bigfoot in person and Dave made me remember why I was a Bigfoot fan when I was younger.

Best of wishes to Dave and his family during this difficult time.

KD58

I was deeply saddened to recieve this news earlier today. I had the pleasure of working alongside Dave at many event over the past several years. I won't soon forget the hospitality he showed me at the first event I ever ran into him at, and the kindness that he exuded every time after that.

Although there are others who knew him better than I, I feel a deep sense of loss; a shadow has truly crossed my heard. Dave has always been a good friend, always there to lend a helping hand, and always there to make sure there wasn't anything he could do to help.

I don't know what brought this situation upon Dave and his family, nor is it my or any of our business. But I feel a pang of guilt for not being able to do something.

Best wishes Dave.

Kyle Doyle

Last edited:

InsanoRacer

"Harkey" was family and this one hit my entire family really hard, we made quite a few calls this morning when we found out and it was really hard to do so... so lets remember the good times and the joy he brought all of us during the short time he was here - he will be missed

We love you "Dad" and we'll miss you deeply - In loving memory of David Harkey - 1959-2008

MTFan10

My condolences to the Harkey family. never got to see him live but heard he was a very good driver

jeb134

Wow, I'm shocked to hear that! I was fortunate enough to see his last race in Merced, CA last year. I hope that he pulls through, my prayers go out to his family and friends.

Last edited:

rns0504

Although I don't believe I had the pleasure of seeing him race (may have- need to look back), I know he has left a lasting impact on this sport by driving a big blue Ford.

May Dave Harkey rest in peace.

Lyrics by Tim McGraw, thought this was fitting:
Please Remember Me

When all our tears have reached the sea
Part of you will live in me
Way down deep inside my heart
The days keep coming without fail
A new wind is gonna find your sail
Thats where your journey starts

Youll find better love
Strong as it ever was
Deep as the river runs
Warm as the morning sun
Please remember me

Just like the waves down by the shore
Were gonna keep on coming back for more
cause we dont ever wanna stop
Out in this brave new world you seek
Oh the valleys and the peaks
And I can see you on the top

Youll find better love
Strong as it ever was
Deep as the river runs
Warm as the morning sun
Please remember me

Remember me when youre out walkin
When the snow falls high outside your door
Late at night when youre not sleepin
And moonlight falls across your floor
When I cant hurt you anymore

Youll find better love
Strong as it ever was
Deep as the river runs
Warm as the morning sun
Please remember me
Please remember me

Last edited:

Brandon

Dave Harkey

Well here goes, I will try my best at this, it is very very upsetting to me.

I got the call early this afternoon. I kept it to my self, something kept telling me "maybe it is not true" even though I knew it was.

I recieved countless phone calls later today with the same question from others concerned, all we can say is, "yes it is true".

I really wish there was something we all could do to prevent this from being a reality, but now, after the fact it is too late. As is always in this type of situation.

Well lets all learn something from this terriable loss, keep him and our great memories of him close to our hearts.

My true condolences to his famly and friends!!!!!!!

Dave, you will be missed greatly by all.

Brandon Lagarde

Last edited:

Nagi

I don't think I ever had the chance to see Dave Harkey drive, but if he was good enough to run for Team Bigfoot, he must have been something.

I would like to say something more, but unfortunately I can't. So for now, I guess the best I can offer are condolences to his family and the hope that he gets well soon.

Last edited:

Rolf Hansen

My sincere sympathies and condolences go out to the family and friends of Dave Harkey. I am very sorry of this horrible event. GODSPEED Dave....RIP.

Last edited: