Dave Harkey Rememberances

ProTruckChallenge

wow

wow.... this is a shock. i was coming home from a camping trip for a few days and someone texted me. this is such a shock.

my band is currently writing a song called heavenly conquest, we will dedicate this song to dave. the show we do on friday will have a moment of silence included for him.

rest in peace dave. may your soul be free

Last edited:

SunkDuck

It's hard to believe these kinds of things, and I wish I could say it wasn't true.

My thoughts go out to his family and everyone close to him.

Best wishes Dave

mnstrkgr

I just wanted to say thanks Dave for all you have done for me and my family You have touched our lives vey much. it was pleasure to crew for ya. To meet up on the road for dinner , all the conversations, the laughs but most importantly it is an honor to have you as a friend. Thank you for the kindness and the respect that you have shown my family. you have a special place in the hearts of my girls. You will be deeply missed by all of us.

We love ya

Zane Rettew

rest in peace Dave......

This has hit us all hard, especially the ones who have worked beside him and watched him do what he loved. Rich and I ran all of last winter with CFP and we had the PLEASURE of running with Dave every weekend. I spent countless hours in hotel lobby's and lounges listening to stories from Dave and sharing with him he was the first driver in BF i ever met and see run live, showed him pictures of me when i was 7 getting things signed by him. Dave,... Linds and I will deeply miss you!

One thing Dave emphasized every time he seen Me and Linds....."Take care of that baby of yours, CeeJay"....."I love my daughters more than anything else"........And thats one thing he always talked about, How much he loved them!

Dave was one of my heros growing up........WE WILL MISS YOU MAN!!!

Last edited:

Demonmt

I want to say something............Dave Harkey was my friend. No matter what happened the other day he was still my friend. It is a sad day to lose my friend and I know he was a friend to many of you. Please remember Dave for all the good he has done......................To all his family and all his other friends..........Dave Harkey we will miss you!

RIP

Demonmt

If some of us don't get the info before others could someone post where we could send flowers/cards etc..........thank you

SRDuhon

wow i always hoped i would never have to write things like this but i cant believe this has happened. i had the pleasure of competing and hanging out with dave last yr alot mostly all 1st quarter. i knew him as not only a good friend but like family. especially when i found out as a kid watching bigfoot alot of it was him then to compete against him was awsome. i spoke to him right before pocatello 2 weeks ago and he wished me the best of luck ill never forget that.
my thoughts and prayers go out to his family i know he loved them more than anything thats all he talked about.
RIP BUDDY.
Sean Duhon

mcm2728

You will be missed, Dave. It was awesome talking to you and watching you crush the competition. My condolences to the Harkey's family, friends and the entire Bigfoot team.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Dave Harkey was a great man to many people and will always be remembered for his on-track accomplishments, but above all else, for the way he touched so many people around him and it is those memories which will live on.

I regret not having the chance to know Dave on a personal level, but feel the loss like we all do because of our support for one another and the monster truck community as a whole. We've lost one of the best.

Thank You Dave for the many, many memories. Thank You. God Bless.

[email protected]

I was at my shop working when I got the call this afternoon, could not believe what I was hearing. I then called Bobby told him the bad news, he like me was in disbelief.

Bobby and Dave go way back many years so Bobby took it pretty hard, we worked in the shop this evening and maybe exchanged 20 word the whole night.

Dave to me was one of the first Big Foot drivers I ever met and worked with him before I started driving when I built tracks and ran the floor at shows. Then years later I had the pleasure of racing against him,gaining his respect & he was one of the MTRA drivers that signed off on my A MTRA license.

Those of us who knew him and worked with him , we could fill volumes with stories about the adventures with Dave. So let's remember him for the good times. The only thing I can think of is God must have needed someone to run against Calvin. :)
God Bless you
We are going to miss you.

pHIL

This really shocked me. Dave was a great guy and one of the greatest to step behind the wheel of a big blue ford. My thoughts are out to his family, friends and everyone at team Bigfoot. RIP Dave, you will be missed.

Joepotato

This is the saddest news since Calvin Carrington died two years ago. I only met him once, but it was an experience I will never forget. He was an excellent driver and a nice guy.

R.I.P. Dave Harkey. Team Bigfoot will never be the same.

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
I never had the pleasure to see the man race in person, theres just no words to type to fill in, ya know?

Godspeed, Dave.

Gatorman

Dave and his family are in the thoughts and prayers in their time of need.

David

Last edited: