Dave Harkey Rememberances

cmunds

We wish this would have had a better ending.. keep the good thoughts of Dave alive~ don't forget the good he did cause it far out shines the wrong.

Rest in peace Dave~
and to the family & friends, find peace knowing he was loved & admired by many...

FLA Trk Fan

In 2004 My family & I went to our first Monster truck show. We knew nothing of the drivers or trucks that day. But, as is common we knew Bigfoot would be there. During the show, the promoter decided to have a slap wheelie contest. Bigfoot driven by Dave Harkey against a driver with a new truck who had little to no expirence with wheelies. Instead of simply showing up the other driver. Dave practical brought the show to a halt as he and the other driver made pass after pass until the other driver got the hang of it. above all else during the show this selflessness stood out. After the show we met Dave as millions of others have in the autograph line. And although he didn't know us from Adam. He took time and talked to us as if we were old friends.
The events of that day drew us into the world of monster trucks and for that I and my Family owe Dave more than we could ever hope to repay.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to Dave Harkey's family, friends and to all those touched by a great man.

The Darden Family.

Little_Harkey

IT has been amazing reading all of the wonderful memories and comments poeple have posted in the last few days. My daddy has been my hero for the last 23 years and will remain the strongest man I've ever had in my life. I will never forget my summer trips to California and all over the country with him. It was an experience that brought us closer then most child ever get to be with their fathers and I am truely blessed. I think that is why I am so restless, traveling the globe. I am a chip off the old block, can't sit still.

I had the opportunity to take one last nap with him this morning and he was still himself, snoring and keeping me awake :) He is in a better place now and will be with me, my family, and all of us that loved him forever. Please never stop remembering all of the good times you had with him, I know I won't.

I love all of the pictures, banners, and videos people have posted. If you have the time I would love it if you could email them to me so I could have them and possibly hang them at the funeral. Which, once things are finalized I will post the details. Everyone is welcome.

Please send pictures, clips to [email protected]

This is us at the last show of his that I was at...

Trever Adamo

Rest in peace Dave~
and to the family & friends, find peace knowing he was loved & admired by many...[/QUOTE] !!!!!

Rest In Peace, Dave Harkey! We miss you!

Today has been a day you hope never comes. Today the monster truck industry lost one of the great drivers and friends. It was very sad to hear of the passing of Dave Harkey. I was hoping and praying the a miracle would be sent his way, and he would make it, but he has been called home. He is now in a better place and I am sure sharing stories with friends and family who have passed before him. I met Dave several times, and loved watching him drive. You knew that if Dave was behind the wheel of Bigfoot, it was going to be a tough night for all the other trucks there. My favorite memory is of watching Dave beat Pablo Huffaker in Salt Lake City, Utah and end a run of several years when nobody could beat Grave Digger. He ended up racing Dan Runte in the finals and winning after coming close for so many years. My first meeting with him was at a display in our area, and from that moment on, he was one of my favorite drivers. He was always willing to chat even if I was just another fan. One night after a race in Salt Lake City, I was able to take my family and go and hang out with him and Eric Tack after a race. They were totally awesome, and spent time signing a monster truck book my son had, and even trying to decide if either one of them was driving Bigfoot in the pictures. It was fun, and they made my son's day. Dave was one of the best drivers, and he exemplified what Bigfoot 4x4 stands for. May you rest in peace, Dave! We all miss you and know you are in a better place!

propuller

IT has been amazing reading all of the wonderful memories and comments poeple have posted in the last few days. My daddy has been my hero for the last 23 years and will remain the strongest man I've ever had in my life. I will never forget my summer trips to California and all over the country with him. It was an experience that brought us closer then most child ever get to be with their fathers and I am truely blessed. I think that is why I am so restless, traveling the globe. I am a chip off the old block, can't sit still.

I had the opportunity to take one last nap with him this morning and he was still himself, snoring and keeping me awake :) He is in a better place now and will be with me, my family, and all of us that loved him forever. Please never stop remembering all of the good times you had with him, I know I won't.

I love all of the pictures, banners, and videos people have posted. If you have the time I would love it if you could email them to me so I could have them and possibly hang them at the funeral. Which, once things are finalized I will post the details. Everyone is welcome.

Please send pictures, clips to [email protected]

This is us at the last show of his that I was at...
Im not gonna get into alot but I can tell you this.You attitude is absalutley incredable considering what you have been through.Your dad was a special person.Keep your attitude and you yourself will also go to great hieght in life.Your dad has touched a lot of people and I think you will to-and not a lot of people can look back in life and say that.God bless you and the rest of your family.

chopper

I have only had the chance to see him race a few times. We'll miss you Dave.

Pocatello Idaho 2007.

Red Bluff California 2004.

Little_Harkey

Visitation: Tuesday 4-8pm
Funeral: Wednesday 11am

All thoughts, prayers, and flowers can be sent to the Targhetta Funeral Home in Brighton, IL. All are welcome to come and share their memories with us.

Tamra

MonsterCED

I did not know Dave nor have I ever seen him drive in person, but I would like to express my condolences to his family and my deepest sympathies to all his friends.

I’m not very good at this stuff so I will just leave it there.

Take care all, just remember the good things and to celebrate the good in ones life.

Charles