Did anyone catch Robby Gordon on Wind Tunnel?

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Brandon Clark, Jun 12, 2012.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Jun 12, 2012 #1

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire

Watching my weekly Wind Tunnel (on my DVR, of course) The co-host this week was Robby Gordon, and they talked about his new SST concept. Then they mentioned Bigfoot, and he said "Bigfoot, to me, is monster trucks." Then, however, the graphic below said "Robby Gordon: owns the rights to the brand 'Bigfoot'"

Was this something I missed? Or a typo on Speed's part? From what I was aware, Robby's chassis is becoming Bigfoot 19, but I thought they just had arranged a SPEED Energy sponsorship.

Anyone care to elaborate? I'm probably over examining it, but I'd just hate to see them survive 30 years only to sell out now.

2. Jun 12, 2012 #2

DanDeFalco

DanDeFalco

DanDeFalco

I saw that, also he mentioned that Bigfoot has 19 trucks which also sounded like they were all going to be a part of the race...He does know that not all 19 trucks are modern race trucks right? Im assuming other trucks will be a part of this series..maybe not? maybe just a couple Bigfoots? OH WILL SOMEONE FULLY FINANCIALLY BACK MONSTER TRUCK CHALLENGE ALREADY AND LET THEM GO FULLTIME?!?! what are we running here with this sst thing :)

3. Jun 12, 2012 #3

AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

I saw it too, and that was simply a glitch , in fact, as I was watching it, I was like haha nice try. But anyway, Speed Energy sponsors Bigfoot, Robby's Old truck will become assimilated into the Bigfoot fleet, and Bigfoot will participate in SST. What actually happens is Robby simply licensed/leased the Bigfoot name from Bob Chandler

4. Jun 13, 2012 #4

OldSchoolDude

OldSchoolDude

OldSchoolDude

I saw the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. This could be great step in the right direction for monster truck RACING. It sounds like there will be a minimum of 8 trucks competing in elimination style competition. I suppose they will either have a separate track for the MT's, or incorporate a portion of the SST track into the MT lanes. With the right promoting and TV coverage, real monster truck racing could have a great venue to re-invent itself. Thanks to Monster Jam, most people just think of monster trucks as some kind of motor circus, **** bent on destroying everything. Hopefully, Robby Gordon's series will promote the racing side of things, and come up with some interesting/challenging tracks.

5. Jun 13, 2012 #5

AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

Something I thought about, If this works and becomes as big as Monster Jam, imagine the positive popularity for Bigfoot,

6. Jun 13, 2012 #6

DanDeFalco

DanDeFalco

DanDeFalco

That would be great, kind of hard to imagine though when MT's are a side act as opposed to the main deal.

7. Jun 13, 2012 #7

CPE MT

CPE MT

CPE MT

Go to any small dirt track "Night of Destruction" style show. They have their full oval racing classes, and the monsters are squeezed in around that. Tons of people come to those, and many leave new fans of monsters.

8. Jun 13, 2012 #8

indyh2

indyh2

indyh2

It's been said the the Monsters will be running the Sst track BACKWARDS. This is going to be awesome!