does anyone build and sell the clod buster monster trucks

FROSTBITE468

With the fancy extended race frames and such? I started building a stock one a year ago but never finished and parts got spread out. I don't have time to start again would rather just pay someone to build me one.

FROSTBITE468

I already emailed him ,the reply i got sounded like they want to sell parts more then build monster trucks. maybe im wrong but im not looking for prices i already know i want one, just need somebody who wants to make some money.

CPE MT

We can do it, and have built trucks for people in the past. It just takes time to assemble these but we can help you out getting a rolling chassis built.

This time of year is really busy, but we can probably fit it in as long as you don't need it turned around really quickly. Probably looking at a 2 week turnaround at best. Thanks!

CPE MT

Brett,

How much does it cost to build the truck for someone?

Thanks
Beyond the cost of all the parts used, probably $50-60 for assembly plus whatever shipping for the rolling chassis is. This is NOT something I'm interested in doing a lot of though as it takes a good bit of time for each one of these. Thanks!

KidKrazy86

I was just wondering. I have a truck that is almost finished, but haven't had any time to work on. I just didn't know what you guys would charge to finish it.

monsterjamman24

Personally I think you should build your first one. I bought my first one and had no clue what to do or how to fix parts on that truck till I decided to build my own second truck, taught me a lot about the clodbuster and gave me the knowledge to know when something breaks what it is and how to get to it.

FROSTBITE468

Well i got on it right away and was lucky enuff to round up all my parts and got a rolling chassis finished. The body however is MIA...

rm25x

Cool, if your going to run it loose the mechanical speed control and upgrade it to an ESC. Novak makes a nice one designed for dual motor applications.

Wes3120

If you ever need any help i can assist as I am working on my very own custom clodbuster and have had it completely together once and it ran great but since then I have been buying a lot of upgrades for it that I am still installing, I have a pretty good knowledge of the hobby, and if I can't help you with it than I can refer to the guys at clodtalk.com and I'm sure I can find an answer there they know everything

Willis

John Boyer over at Rcmt and I'm sure Clodtalk can build you a Sick MT. He's one of the best when it comes to realistic, and strong replica chassis, I'm sure he would build you a full truck too. It may be spendy, but you definitely get your money's worth. He goes by the name RCWizard. From what I remember over on those boards. He's got some vids on youtube under that name of his 1/.4 scale custom Grave Digger and some other things.

monsterjamman24

John Boyer over at Rcmt and I'm sure Clodtalk can build you a Sick MT. He's one of the best when it comes to realistic, and strong replica chassis, I'm sure he would build you a full truck too. It may be spendy, but you definitely get your money's worth. He goes by the name RCWizard. From what I remember over on those boards. He's got some vids on youtube under that name of his 1/.4 scale custom Grave Digger and some other things.
messaged him a while back he said he has a list and after he finishes that list hes taking a nice long break from building clods and general frames

Also i'll give you my clods specs

Blue Thunder(pro line 2008 superduty body)
Novak Xxtra receiver(FM only)
Novak GTX esc
Reedy 10 or 12t PT platinum modified motors(said 10 on the ebay listing but 12 on the motor can)
JrXR3 radio(FM)
Thundertech racing-Ripper pro chassis-pro rear steer lockout-swaybars-Aggressor Steering Kit
Imex baja tires
Cpe machined links?(dont really know if their cpe's since I didnt build it)
Tamyia TXT-1 wheels
rc4wd wheel widners
Spektrum servo
integy t/e maxx shocks

Last edited:

rm25x

The Novak Super Rooster or Novak Super Duty XR are both designed for dual motor applications, but you will have to try to find them used as they have booth been discontinued. Pretty much everything is brushless by Novak now.

This is the only current esc that is dual motor they offer, but more greared for the rock crawlers...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYRZ8&P=7

Also, the Traxxas EVX speed controls are made for dual motor, but also dual batterys. They run 14.4 volts, so the clod would be fast! There's ways to mod them for single battery though.

AMPMROCKETFANN

The Novak Super Rooster or Novak Super Duty XR are both designed for dual motor applications, but you will have to try to find them used as they have booth been discontinued. Pretty much everything is brushless by Novak now.

This is the only current esc that is dual motor they offer, but more greared for the rock crawlers...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYRZ8&P=7

Also, the Traxxas EVX speed controls are made for dual motor, but also dual batterys. They run 14.4 volts, so the clod would be fast! There's ways to mod them for single battery though.
I think the EVX-2 is the best bet because they are readily available and waterproof however can they work with just one battery or will it degrade the power

FROSTBITE468

Looks like it will work according to tower hobbies spec 7.2-16, im sure you will only have half the power or half the run time. I might go with it myself, reasonable priced