FB page Build up - Marvin Smiths Wild hair

MCMsports

One of are members posted great photos of Marvin Smiths Wild hair in its current condiction, Its not a pretty site but its the real mccoy - Check out ither The Old Ushra or The Build up on facebook

RnW 13

I got that ache in my gut that this ones going to the scrap heep like many other, but that may just be the Subway I had for dinner.

Bad Dude

Looking at the other photos of this truck, I have a question: Was this truck formerly one of the Stomper trucks, you know, the one that may formerly have been the Crimson Giant or were these all completely different trucks?

72ZEBRA

Justin Morrow located the truck at a salvage yard and posted pics on Facebook. Mike Harper contacted him and arranged to buy it. After receiving the truck Mike decided to build from scratch rather than use whats left of Marvins old truck. At that point I purchased the truck and it will be sitting in my back yard next to the tube chassis Marvin built.

Although I had planned an all new identity for the tube chassis, now that I have the other chassis I will be restoring them both to Marvins Wild Hair design. It will take some time, I dont have the type of funds these trucks need, but I wont take shortcuts either. So it may take some time. I also would love to talk with IMTHOF about displaying them there, although that will obviously be sometime down the road.

I have spoken with Jason Witte, and hope to speak with Marvin soon about the builds. The trucks will once again be Missouri monsters!

Wish me luck (and the winning lottery numbers! Im going to need it!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawgwild/sets/72157629429692241/with/7771871552/

And its younger sibling

puremad

So would that mean you own the name and rights to Wild Hair then? And do you plan on putting the name back out there in the spotlight where it should be?

72ZEBRA

Im looking into the name rights. I wont be running Monster Jam or anything if thats what you mean by spotlight. We will take things slow and see where it goes.

puremad

Im looking into the name rights. I wont be running Monster Jam or anything if thats what you mean by spotlight. We will take things slow and see where it goes.
Who would still own the rights? Ray? Jason? or the people that "repoed" the truck?

RnW 13

So it was already in a junkyard, just tucked in back gathering dust and plantlife? Guess some of the oldschool fanboys got lucky someone didn't have the heart to junk it 20 something years ago.

TMowery

Justin Morrow located the truck at a salvage yard and posted pics on Facebook. Mike Harper contacted him and arranged to buy it. After receiving the truck Mike decided to build from scratch rather than use whats left of Marvins old truck. At that point I purchased the truck and it will be sitting in my back yard next to the tube chassis Marvin built.

Although I had planned an all new identity for the tube chassis, now that I have the other chassis I will be restoring them both to Marvins Wild Hair design. It will take some time, I dont have the type of funds these trucks need, but I wont take shortcuts either. So it may take some time. I also would love to talk with IMTHOF about displaying them there, although that will obviously be sometime down the road.

I have spoken with Jason Witte, and hope to speak with Marvin soon about the builds. The trucks will once again be Missouri monsters!

Wish me luck (and the winning lottery numbers! Im going to need it!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawgwild/sets/72157629429692241/with/7771871552/

And its younger sibling

We have the matching quarter panels and tailgate with the matching paint job still on it too complete the rest of the body on the tube chassis.

MToldguy

hey guys, didn't Breen boys rename the old Stomper truck wild hair before this? I thought it was turqouse a with pink letters then TNT or Pace or whomever took the name changed it up a bit and gave t to Marvin to run. Could be wrong just asking. My first crash with Bigfoot, Bobby was driving (87) there for Hart productions whom had ties with TNT in his former days. Good to see this thread even if it is year ago

dave3BA

hey guys, didn't Breen boys rename the old Stomper truck wild hair before this? I thought it was turqouse a with pink letters then TNT or Pace or whomever took the name changed it up a bit and gave t to Marvin to run. Could be wrong just asking. My first crash with Bigfoot, Bobby was driving (87) there for Hart productions whom had ties with TNT in his former days. Good to see this thread even if it is year ago
The Wild Hair truck Marvin Smith had was Crimson Giant, Then Stomper II, then Wild Hair. The Breen's Wild Hair may have started life as a Stomper truck but wasn't the same as Marvin's.