Feld consolidates into massive Florida facility

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20131004/ARTICLE/131009806

Make sure you watch the video and look at the photo gallery as well. Makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint as all their properties will be organized now under one roof. No idea what this might mean for Digger's Dungeon, so I'm not going to speculate. One other thing to note, the article does mention a "televised U.S. winter season" for Monster Jam, so that's some good news.

rns0504

Yup this opened a while back. Quite a few of the FELD operations team specifically alot of crew guys have relocated to the area

- - - Updated - - -

"With 45 acres and a single-occupant building second in size in Florida only to NASA's mammoth Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center in Brevard County, Feld should have ample room to grow."

Quite a property. I hope to check it out before too long.

BigfootFan

With the new shop built in Florida I think FELD should have 3 shops. 1st being the main new shop in Florida for all the company trucks. 2nd being Digger's Dungeon in Poplar Branch, NC for all the Grave Digger's, Grave Digger The Legend, Son-Uva Digger, and the Grave Digger ride truck. 3rd being the shop in Paxton, IL for both Tom Meents and Neil Elliot's Maximum Destruction's.

jeb134

I had heard about them moving to Florida a while ago, but this is awesome to finally see the place, very impressive!

Demonmt

With the new shop built in Florida I think FELD should have 3 shops. 1st being the main new shop in Florida for all the company trucks. 2nd being Digger's Dungeon in Poplar Branch, NC for all the Grave Digger's, Grave Digger The Legend, Son-Uva Digger, and the Grave Digger ride truck. 3rd being the shop in Paxton, IL for both Tom Meents and Neil Elliot's Maximum Destruction's.
And that is what they have done!!!!

MTRATTK

I know one person that left because of the move.

I think it makes good business sense to consolidate all the shows and productions in one location. Especially reducing costs of multiple locations to three. I'm also glad that tv production will continue, hopefully they will have a tv channel deal soon.

indyh2

If they were smart they would open the facility up for tours or viewing like NASCAR shops do... many would come to see that and of course having them end up in a gift shop helps the bottom line even further lol

Wannadrive1

Very nice. Sooo does feld own digger and the dungeon, or do they AND dennis own it...? I kno they wked sumthing out awhile back. And thought tom owned max-d and the paxton shop....does feld have a partnership with tom as well?

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
If they were smart they would open the facility up for tours or viewing like NASCAR shops do... many would come to see that and of course having them end up in a gift shop helps the bottom line even further lol
That's kinda the point of the Dungeon. I was down there in 2012, and it's funny, I have photos with 7 or 8 grown men all standing at the open garage door looking in, and not a kid in sight.

ThePhotoDemon

Very nice. Sooo does feld own digger and the dungeon, or do they AND dennis own it...? I kno they wked sumthing out awhile back. And thought tom owned max-d and the paxton shop....does feld have a partnership with tom as well?
Not sure about the facilities but they do own the trucks and the names. It seems to me that the Paxton shop is Tom's but I really don't know.

DiggerXX

We are planning on moving to Florida in two years, so maybe I'll see if they have any spots open then! Good for Feld!

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

MonsterGirl74

I think those guys like Tom and Pablo, operate like private contractors. They're paid to build the trucks, maintain them, and drive 'em. The shops are still their shops, just the equipment is owned by the company. And when shows are close by, those shops become remote headquarters sort of things.

trukir2

Think there's a chance that the Dungeon is now more museum-like than shop like? I know many of us have complained about the poor condition Digger 1 is in outside. I hope they put a little bit of money and effort into that.