gateway mtc questions

carcrusher

just ordered my vip seats for gateway - the event description on their website said that the event will be in turns 1 and 2? can someone (maybe rich) elaborate? why not on the front stretch?

Tommy

Not 100% sure, but I think the front stretch is a bit too small with the pit wall being there and all. If you are in turns 1 and 2 though, you have the grass and a lot more room to put obstacles and ramps. Plus, since there are seats I think thats probably where the best show would be.

Rich Schaefer

Correct. We just feel like we've got more room to work with down by the Wallace Grandstands in Turn 1 and 2. We do straight-line racing in Middletown, New York for that classic feel. But in St. Louis we want to take a different approach. And the area down by 1 and 2 gives us some options. Plus with the taller grandstands on that end we can put people on top of the action, instead of spreading them out.

Then we started thinking about the comfort level for the fan. You get more east to west breezes through that facility. So we felt like it would be more comfortable for the spectators by being in the Wallace Grandstands. On the front stretch, the breeze is blocked. And it puts more food/beverage areas in shaded areas out of the sun. It allows the parking areas to be closer to the fans for less walking from your car/trucks.

grossman05

Sweet! Sounds like its going to be an awesome event, i cant wait! Question though, i see 10 trucks listed werent there at one point 12 trucks listed?

carcrusher

rich - thanks for the answers. makes so much sense now. ur definately a thinker and that's why you're such a great promoter.