Getting started

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Thomas, Mar 21, 2019.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Mar 21, 2019 #1

Thomas

Thomas

Thomas

I've been going to monster truck shows most of my life and have always enjoyed everything about the trucks. I'm starting to realize monster trucks are my passion and I want to do anything I can to get involved. I've messaged independent teams for the past few months trying to volunteer with no luck yet. I understand that all the teams get people trying to volunteer that don't want to put in the work. I was wondering how do I make myself standout from those people. I know this forum isn't viewed as much anymore but I figured it's worth a shot to see if anyone could help.

2. Mar 27, 2019 #2

kobelco

kobelco

kobelco

Do you have any mechanical experience? or some form of motorsports? If you do that is something you may want to advertise to perspective teams. If you don't acquire some.

3. Mar 28, 2019 #3

Thomas

Thomas

Thomas

I do not. I've always wanted to be around motorsports but there was never any options near me growing up. I know if I do get an opportunity to work with a team I'm going to have to work for free and prove that I want it and I'm willing to work and do whatever I have to show that I'm willing to put in the hours and hard work. I know it's hard to start off not knowing much but I do there is a handful of people out there that have done it.

4. Apr 1, 2019 #4

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

Where do you live?

I’m starting a brand new racing team and building my first truck at the end of this summer. Eventually I plan to have at least a 2-truck team.

5. Apr 2, 2019 #5

Thomas

Thomas

Thomas

I live in about an hour and half north of Houston