Hampton Recap

Dustin Hart AM

First off, sorry I didn't get to post anything during the weekend. My laptop was being problematic and I'm having some issues getting it to connect to the internet. It was a great weekend with four good shows. Was nice seeing some familiar faces and getting to meet Butch and Mitch Tulatchka. I look forward to getting to see those guys again. And to the results (or at least what I can remember)

Friday
Wheelie: Air Force
Racing Finals: Mopar Magic over Stone Crusher (Mopar comes back after Taz loses a transmission)

Freestyle saw great runs from everyone. Havoc rolled over while trying a donut. Sims and Anderson duked it out in a big air freestyle battle. Taz would get the win but it could've really gone either way.

Saturday 2pm
Wheelie: Air Force
Racing Finals: Air Force over Get Er Done
Freestyle: Solid freestyles all around. Mitch and Get Er Done got a little wild going over the van stack and nearly went over when the left front dug into the ground but was able to bring it back down. Sims managed to come away with the freestyle win.

Saturday 8pm
Wheelie: Taz
Racing Finals: Stone Crusher over Taz
Freestyle: Even more huge air all the way around for the small floor of the Hampton Coliseum. Great performances all around. Havoc kicked things off with a beautiful sky wheelie over the van stack. Sims was pushing Stone Crusher to the limit of both the truck and the arena as I think he may have gotten the biggest air possible and still be able to stop the truck. However Adam Anderson took advantage of the weird bounces Taz was throwing him and put down an excellent freestyle to take the win.

Sunday
Wheelie: Stone Crusher
Racing Finals: Taz over Air Force
Freestyle: Another solid set of performances to close out the weekend. Taz would get the win after Adam had a light rollover when the truck hooked as he was trying to get the truck turned to hit the cars.

Here's some shots from Friday Night

Last edited:

jktremor81

Is It just me or is the body of the Havoc truck a Honda Ridgeline. If so I wonder why he doesn't sport the Honda logo's on it. What a way for imports to get into the sport.

myspace_monsters

It was originally a concept body for an I-MAX movie they did in 06. This was back when Steve Hurly owned the truck. There was a T-maxx body also, I can't remember the name of it though. I guess Mitch bought it from steve and runs the havok body on one of his trucks. Not sure how, why, or who bought what.

ed3165

It was originally a concept body for an I-MAX movie they did in 06. This was back when Steve Hurly owned the truck. There was a T-maxx body also, I can't remember the name of it though. I guess Mitch bought it from steve and runs the havok body on one of his trucks. Not sure how, why, or who bought what.
Pretty sure that Mitch just got the body not the hole truck from Steve. Pretty sure that is what someone on here said a few times.