Hi, and was wonderin

T

Truck53

Hi im new here. I've been a fan of monster truck racing for a long time and happy to see it on SPEED channel. I was wondering if anybody know what is the location of one particular race. In case any of you have the video "MTRA Racing to the Finish" you know which event im talking about. In the intro Nightmare II hits the first set of cars do a odd jump and when landing has a crazy hard landing. Bigfoot does the course which is a set of car a hill, more cars...i think another hill and thats it. You can see like USA-1, Beast parked behind. Its the same place where the Bigfoot Ranger ran and was shown in the video "Bigfoot Strikes Again". If anybody know what is the location of that events that be greatly apprechated. Thanks and below are two links from that event from Dennis Taft Website. Thanks for reading.
http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/images/bgfran1203a2.jpg
http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/images/nitmr1203a.jpg

ClassicMT

i love that bigfoot ranger airshot. i do believe it was from springfield, il. i know i've heard that from somwhere....not sure if it's accurate.

KD58

I think that footage was from the Indy Jambo when it was held at the Marion County Fairgrounds back in the day.

KD

T

Thunder Chicken

Near the top left corner of the fairgrounds there's what appears to be a rodeo rink. It's got bleachers, and the right kind of guard rails around it that I see in the pics. Whether that's the place or not, I can't say, but it looks to be more than plenty big enough for monsters.

T

Truck53

Well in the video...I do reconize the blue building in several other videos....from what it looks like its a narrow place cause it looks like the monster truck racing was not side by side but rather a race against the clock almost. I love seeing the video...awesome.

T

Thunder Chicken

Not disputing whether it's narrow or not, but I recall a few of the earlier events in which they did the time trial format as oppose to side by side drag so that could be as much simply when the event was staged as it it is the size of the venue.