Is this a dead forum?

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by racefan312, Dec 14, 2018.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Dec 14, 2018 #1

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

I was wondering if this forum is still in use at all? It doesn’t appear that way since there are barely any recent posts.

Anyway, I wanted to bring up some topics for discussion here. It would be cool to see some people start posting here again and join the discussion. I’ll initiate it.

Firstly, I was wondering what those of you die-hard monster truck fans who know their stuff think the future of the sport is? Do you believe that Momster Jam will have the monopoly for the rest of time, or do you think there will be changes in the years to come? When I say that MJ has the “monopoly”, I’m really just talking about them being the biggest/most popular, and ultimately leading the industry.

Building upon that first question, what do you think about the state of monster truck competition now, namely Monster Jam? My personal opinion is that it is getting too ridiculous. Monster trucks have become a circus. Backflips are cool, but they’ve just started to milk the over-the-top stunts way too much. They’ve jumped the shark. Because of the path monster trucks have taken in the past 20 years, nobody takes them seriously as a sport. I understand that in this free market we inhabit, it’s the market that decides what is popular, but I still believe that, if done correctly, a true open-qualifying racing points series would be successful and popular. Do you think this could of will ever happen? Or are monster trucks pretty much stuck in the “sports entertainment” category forever?

I feel like the focus on freestyle and the “carnage and destruction” aspect takes credibility away from the sport. I feel like by now no one takes monster trucks seriously as a sport. Do you think this will ever change?

Let’s get a convo going!

WizardMaster likes this.
  2. Dec 14, 2018 #2

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Site Admin Moderator

It was dormant, or almost dormant for some time. We are working to contact member to remind them of the site and bring back the conversation. Just think, no Facebook police, to delete what they don't like! Or get lost down a news feed.

Invite others, we would love to make it lively around here once again.

WizardMaster and Stephen like this.
  3. Dec 15, 2018 #3

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

I still come by M.M. every once in a while, sadly not a lot goes on here lately( darn f-book) Hopefully, there will be a revival soon since f-book is beginning to fall out of favor. I've attended MJ events for 20+ yrs. While I enjoy the shows, and will continue to attend MJ shows, I have to agree that freestyle and crashing the trucks seem to be the focus nowadays.
    But that's what the average MJ fan seems to want to see. Monster trucks have almost never been taken seriously as a legit sport, and I guess most of us have come to accept that. Don't know if we'll ever see another national points series like Penda or Renagades/TNT , but , you never know.

Angie likes this.
  4. Dec 16, 2018 #4

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

Thanks for replying and sharing your input, Ridge Runner.

I agree that creating a legitimate and serious national racing points series that could compete or perhaps coexist with MJ would be very difficult. I also think you are correct in saying that monster trucks have never really been taken seriously, or at least haven’t been since the very early days of racing, and that the lay fan/spectator/person tends to think of freestyle and other “sports entertainment” type stuff when they think of monster trucks, rather than a legitimate sport.

I don’t want to make it sound like I hate freestyle, I don’t. But I do believe it has jumped the shark. I mean, what other motorsport do we take seriously wherein the teams intentionally try to tear up their equipment? And I don’t care what anyone says, there is nothing more thrilling and exciting than true, intense, down-to-the-wire racing. When the racing is real and intense, and the drivers are passionate and talented, freestyle can’t touch it in terms of wow factor and excitement.

It’s always been a huge goal of mine to create the ultimate national racing series that will give monster trucks the competition and credibility they deserve. It would be a large purse, open-qualifying, top 20 trucks make it into the field, and the racing courses would be simple and fast where the engines would really get revved, and photo finishes would be common. I know MLMT tried it, but their business model was terrible, and they bit off more than they could chew. I would start small by only hosting one event per year in my local area that would run based on my format. I would build it up from there.

Angie likes this.
  5. Jan 15, 2019 #5

kobelco

kobelco

kobelco

What type of course would be legit MT racing?

6. Jan 16, 2019 #6

AuzGrams

AuzGrams

AuzGrams

Unfortunately Mayhem has been pretty dead for a few years. It's shame because it was so much better than these FB groups.

Still some good memories and posts on this forum for a while.

7. Jan 16, 2019 #7

Angie

Angie

Angie

What would help to breathe life back into the site and get some folks posting and visiting?

8. Jan 17, 2019 #8

werner sline

werner sline

werner sline

people pay to see monster truck full's entertainement ! not only racing. people react mostly on freestyle when monster truck drivers tear their truck in pieces ! they like extrem shows

that's why max D is so popular

9. Jan 18, 2019 #9

Angie

Angie

Angie

So, in that way, it's somewhat the same appeal Demolition Derbys are fun to watch.

10. Jan 18, 2019 #10

werner sline

werner sline

werner sline

i think you may find the same people. but i guess children prefer monster trucks

11. Jan 19, 2019 #11

Angie

Angie

Angie

I think I would like to see one. Especially if I could go in the Pit area and inspect the trucks up close.

12. Jan 20, 2019 #12

The Canadian Rockhead

The Canadian Rockhead

The Canadian Rockhead

A few years ago, this forum was a buzzing beehive of activity and a wonderful source for information. Unfortunately, social media groups have taken over. There are so many monster truck related groups that it's virtually impossible to find a specific piece of information that you may be looking for.

13. Jan 22, 2019 #13

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

That was a long time ago, things change people lose interest. As for me, I belong to a few monster truck sites and groups, but i don't know if i'm allowed to post their links or not.

14. Jan 22, 2019 #14

MonkeyDad

MonkeyDad

MonkeyDad

I'd be interested in checking them out.

15. Jan 26, 2019 #15

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

werner sline likes this.
  16. Jan 27, 2019 #16

werner sline

werner sline

werner sline

thanks for the links, this 1/3 trucks are impressive ! those kids don't measure their luck !!

17. Feb 22, 2019 #17

tmx26

tmx26

tmx26

Sim-Monsters.com forum is still active

18. Feb 26, 2019 #18

Angie

Angie

Angie

You could invite some of them over here. And what do you think keeps them active?

19. Mar 18, 2019 #19

Brood11384

Brood11384

Brood11384

Been years since I posted here. Been watching old school races from late 80s and early 90s.

I’m not a fan of what Monster Jam has become. I wish this industry just went back to racing and freestyles I guess.

I’m pretty tired of seeing a monster truck “moon walk” or do flips.

WizardMaster likes this.
  20. Mar 19, 2019 #20

Angie

Angie

Angie

Tell us more about what you remember. I bet others would love to discuss the best of Monster.