Is this a dead forum?

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by racefan312, Dec 14, 2018.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Mar 20, 2019 #21

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

@Angie to answer your question about why the sim monsters forum is still active, it’s because they all play rigs of rods. It’s not so active on most parts of the thread other than the RoR sections.

2. Mar 23, 2019 #22

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Site Admin Moderator

Oh, that makes sense. Got to figure out how to get people can come here and shoot the breeze again.

WizardMaster likes this.
  3. Apr 1, 2019 #23

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

I hope you can. I think just posting frequently with the one or two people here might help. I’m sure several of the old members still lurk here every now and again. If they see activity, they might start posting regularly again. I’ll try to post here as often as possible.

4. Apr 1, 2019 #24

Angie

Angie

Angie

Thank you that's a great idea.

5. Apr 2, 2019 #25

zeldafan2008

zeldafan2008

zeldafan2008

I would post here a lot more if there were more activity, but from what I can see; there are only one or 2 new posts a day. So I check in maybe once a week or so.

WizardMaster likes this.
  6. Apr 2, 2019 #26

racefan312

racefan312

racefan312

It takes people to start posting. I, for one, have raised some pretty good topics that should get people excited, but all I get is crickets. I’m starting my racing team later this year and building my first truck. This much I know for sure. If I don’t start this year, it will definitely be next year. I’ve got a lot of capital to work with so I’m looking into pursuing things within the monster truck industry that I’ve dreamed of forever. I’m looking into the possibility of creating a new series too. One that will focus on racing and growing the sport into a legitimate motorsport. I’ve spoken about this on other threads.

I’m definitely serious, but time will tell if I’m able to go forward with the racing series plans. I know that the industry today is pathetic. It is stalled out. Teams make nothing. They’re barely able to pull their trucks off the trailer. I want to reignite brand competition, establish a legitimate racing league, get teams well-funded, and bring the sport to where it needs to be.

7. Apr 2, 2019 #27

honda50r

honda50r

honda50r

That's exciting! care to share your plans in detail? Would love to help if I could

8. May 7, 2019 #28

NESfoot

NESfoot

NESfoot

Well, can't say it's all dead, I'm an oldskool fan that's been lurking reading posts for the past month. Jeezus, learned more about MTs now than I did as. Bigfoot obsessed 8 year old.

9. May 8, 2019 #29

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

I see two things here. One is, a bunch of promoting of other sites and face Book which is one reason this site is dead.... Many have moved to Face Book as someone here is suggesting we do, amongst going to other sites. It's a shame that it's so bad that people post other links to sites for you to go to. I know that most sites such as mine would ban you for promoting sites ( even unrelated) to take members away to. And I'm not into self promotion. I don't need to be. That is very destructive to a site and is one reason they die off. That's too bad, someone is paying good money to keep this one alive for some reason or is it a free platform?? I don't really care and this may be my first and only post because of what I see now. Troll activity. I've been getting e-mail alerts for this???????? I've been a member for a while but found no reason to post for lack of activity and now I see why. I'm now off to register in those other groups and check out the face book groups and maybe they are more active. OOOOOOOOOOPS!

10. May 8, 2019 #30

Angie

Angie

Angie

@WizardMaster. I need to get on that other sites info and kill it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

WizardMaster likes this.
  11. May 9, 2019 #31

kobelco

kobelco

kobelco

With F nut book a "social media user" can get and post messages instantly, satisfying that instant gratification requirement most brains have. Plus they will help sway your vote for next election. I don't recall seeing anything about Steven having this sites posts subpoenaed.

honda50r likes this.
  12. Jun 6, 2019 #32

Angie

Angie

Angie

What are you talking about? " I don't recall seeing anything about Steven having this sites posts subpoenaed."

13. Jun 10, 2019 #33

NESfoot

NESfoot

NESfoot

Dunno much about the whole Facebook post seopena thing since I'm new here.

I do lurk on the Facebook pages a little bit, but I might be dumping Facebook before too long because there are some things I don't agree with about their platform and how some of the users conduct themselves...of course that's outside of this community I've started lurking again after being away since the 90s for the most part.

14. Jun 11, 2019 #34

Angie

Angie

Angie

Welcome. I've seen many posts on Facebook about people leaving due to not liking the way it's going. Hang around here, bring your friends and be able to find a post much easier.

15. Jun 13, 2019 #35

Rokoneer

Rokoneer

Rokoneer

A question. I'm totally drawing a blank. There was a MT built that used aluminum for the majority of it's structural parts: frame, axles..
    I seem to recall it didn't hold up well and remember seeing a picture of it with a broken axle. What was the name of that truck? Thanks.

16. Jun 14, 2019 #36

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

You're welcome. And sorry if my post was so blunt but only a wake up call. I can see that this site is far from dead and I will post links to it to my friends on FB if you don't mind. To wake up a site, we need to go out and recruit our friends into becoming members. We need to find other links to other RELATED type of sites and squash them with a warning that further promotion of sites will not be tolerated until the message get's out. My post was mainly sarcasm with a few tasty spices added...:D:D;):rolleyes: Thank-You for taking it well. I get so discouraged on other sites when nobody answers. Makes me wonder what's going on. This is a great site and a great platform and hope to see more people speak up! Until then, I'll just leave this right here.........:D DSC_0013.JPG

17. Jun 14, 2019 #37

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

WizardMaster

DSC_0004.JPG And in case you are wondering.....Yes, it does fit in my garage LOL!!!

18. Jun 16, 2019 #38

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

That looks like it would be a fun ride. Does it have a V-6 ? Has the tranny, trans case or axles been upgraded?
    Would love to see an action pic or 2. That's one way to make it fit. LOL !!

19. Jun 17, 2019 #39

Angie

Angie

Angie

I would love for all of you to share the site with your friends on Facebook and other social media.