Jacksonville on Speed

rns0504

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but maybe the fact that there was no qualifying that night, and FS was a few trucks short, they thought it would be better to have one jam-packed episode rather than two which might have that stretched out feeling to them.... TNN Motor Madness 1999 anyone?

jeb134

Ryan, take your logical explanation and get the **** out of here, this is Mayhem and those aren't allowed!

bigyoda

25 seconds a race times twelve races = 300 seconds/60 = 5 minutes. You could have shown them straight through with no replays and minimal commentary. Cut to commercial, come back and go straight into the semis.

They couldn't find FIVE MINUTES to cut? Because we REALLY need to see highlights of intros and list of trucks. It's great that Balhan had a touching moment with that kid, but if it's going to cut away from action on the screen, I don't care.

bigyoda

And there have been PLENTY of jam packed shows of both racing and FS, and guess what, nothing got cut.

BlackStallionRules79

My girlfriend was dissapointed that she did not get to see Raminator freestyle. I too was confused as to why they didnt even mention Predator, Pouncer, or Rammunition if they broke. They usually do that.

Wannadrive1

I hate favortism, which prolly helped with that episode. We need equality i tell ya! Lol. And they have to throw in those things with the sponsors, UTI and whatnot. I did like that one tip on the Jacksonville episode....and no positvity in here!! :p

chad4208

Anyway...

1... most 1 parters have been evenly balanced.... they show about half of racing and half of freestyle. It has nothing to do with favoritism... they skip the first half of racing/skip/highlight the first half of freestyle..... true... most of the company trucks are later in freestyle but guess what... they typically put on the best freestyle show... its just the way it is so stop trying to find an issue with it or favoritism with it.

2. they skipped 2 freetsyles-predator and ramunator....both of which had 1 hit..., both of which are readily available on youtube

3. ill admit, they really fd up the jax show. You dont highlight jacksonville. It shoudl never have been slated as a one parter...NEVER...... im sure they had enough footage. I mean new Orleans was a 2 parter with 14 trucks... and no qualifying...

4. I dont see how most of the coverage has been that bad... Recall, the fields have been bigger this year... and in prevoius years shows that included 16 trucks either skipped a couple freetsyles or didnt show replays...but since now every show has 16 trucks....so they chose the format they have this year...

5.they have a certain number of episodes...the one parters enable them to air more than they could otherwise... mix it up a little though with all the specials this year... yea... theres really no point in having one parters if your just going to fill up the extra episode slots with highlights of world finals 1.... but anyway....thats my main complaint...

Ridge Runner

Could the rushed pace of the show had something to do with it? If you remember, MJ rushed thru the show due to possible lightning storms coming thru.

chad4208

im inclined to think they are organized enough to know which shows will be 2 hours and which will be 1...they have to film certain things in accordnance but it could have caused them to speed through the filming process and not get all the footage they would normally get dfor a 2 hour episode so i suppose its a possibilty

But again the more likely reason is a bad decision is the editing room...ha...but eh....
i still say this stuff isnt as bad as you guys are making it outto be

Hired Gun

The show was super rushed, and the crowd was wayyy lighter then in recent years. They're letting Jax slip through their hands. They had an amazing show in 2010 with the first landed backflip in MJ history,then two subpar years after that.