Jan 19th Houston show let down

Adam Connell

Of the majority of posts on here the one that was not an attack on the original poster was Michael Harper's. Very professional Michael, not joking. Adam you weren't there but you are gonna blast the guy who not only WAS there but paid to be there. You work for Sudden Impact correct? Sudden Impact is running a few shows for FELD, correct? Wow not at all offensive, and yes is sarcasm.

Let me get this straight....You have a guy drove 6 hours to a show where he paid $170 in tickets, not to mention what everything else cost. He's not happy with the show and voiced his opinion so he gets blasted? For guys like Adam you should take Michael's route and be professional. I would send your response to FELD asking them if this is how they expect their teams to treat paying customers.
No, I am not currently a paid employee of Sudden Impact Racing. My opinions are my own, and I stand by them. Go back and reread what I wrote, I think if you read it in another voice you'll see I wasn't trying to insult anyone. Sometimes the voice I read things with plays tricks on me, and I'll get offended over nothing. The only comment that really annoyed me was the guy that posted that the line up was "lackluster", when it clearly wasn't. Overall I personally felt this thread was insulting to a large number of my personal friends, which is why I even responded. You will not get a more honest response from someone who know's what they're talking about than the one I gave.

MonkeyDad

No, I am not currently a paid employee of Sudden Impact Racing. My opinions are my own, and I stand by them. Go back and reread what I wrote, I think if you read it in another voice you'll see I wasn't trying to insult anyone. Sometimes the voice I read things with plays tricks on me, and I'll get offended over nothing. The only comment that really annoyed me was the guy that posted that the line up was "lackluster", when it clearly wasn't. Overall I personally felt this thread was insulting to a large number of my personal friends, which is why I even responded. You will not get a more honest response from someone who know's what they're talking about than the one I gave.
I agree with you about the lineup...that is a great lineup. From Adam Anderson to Ben Winslow, they're all great drivers and fan-friendly.

chad4208

Not every show can be the best, but ya have someone who doesn't attend very many, puts all their eggs in one basket so to speak, and that particular show ends up not being up to their expectations, whether their expectation were reasonable or not...And I'm not saying his expectations were unreasonable; I'm saying in similar situations, that is sometimes the case.

Though from looking at videos of the event, and even peoples comments from other places, a lot of people thought it wasn't an "A" show, though they weren't necessarily disappointed with it, and I can see why, but that goes back to my original statement...Not every show can be the best, for whatever reason. Sometimes you just need to let it go and move on to the next show...or I suppose in some cases ask about a certain element that lowered the enjoyment for you...typically there's a valid reason for it...and again move on...

Danny H.

Owner? Rod Ryan is just Blue Thunder with a different body. Blue Thunder's body is sitting inside the tunnel out of the way. I was sitting in the drivers lounge last week when Rod and his people arrived. I got to hear a pretty cool conversation between him and Dennis about him going down to the North Carolina compound and testing in a truck. This was nothing more than a media stunt for Monster Jam and 94.5 The Buzz.

Apologies on not being clear enough, I meant the owner of the sponsor (or at least the front man) not the actual truck itself.

dominator crew

am i the only one who gets a little weirded out when the field of trucks are still all running at the end of the night, and they all make it out for free style? i get why he would be upset about the show being plagued with brake downs, but have you ever worked in construction? when it rains it pours, either everything is up running and fine, or its all in one big pile of broken ****, so in other words don't get discouraged see another show,

ImpactNeddus

Please tell me how the field was lack luster? You had not one but, TWO World Finals winners. The man who once held the world distance jumping record. Adam Anderson... Pablo Huffaker... I'll just repost the line up and please feel free to tell me how it was lack-luster: Grave Digger? driven by Pablo Huffaker, El Toro Loco? driven by Ryan Huffaker, Grave Digger The Legend? driven by Adam Anderson, Captain America driven by Chad Fortune, Advance Auto Parts Grinder℠ driven by Lupe Soza, Madusa?, Iron Man? driven by Lee O'Donnell, Rod Ryan Show driven by Rod Ryan in racing/Dan Evans in freestyle, Outlaw driven by Mike Harper, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Bounty Hunter driven by Ben Winslow, Iron Outlaw driven by Darren Migues, Nitro Hornet driven by David Smith, Predator driven by Allen Pezo, Prowler driven by Robert Parker and Bad Habit driven by Joe Sylvester!!

I'm just going to have to disagree about the show not being up to snuff... I saw the videos from freestyle and they were on par with any show I've ever been to. You got several rollovers, including that wild ride from Iron Outlaw in racing. I agree that it might not have been the most spectacular show ever, but spectacular shows happen by accident. Good shows happen with hard work and dedication from a group of individuals working together, and to make a good show spectacular you have to have something accidentally happen that takes a good show over the top.

Monster Jam's job is to put on the best show possible with the trucks they have, and there is not a single promoter out there today who can make a stadium show run the way they do. Breakage happens, but that is not Monster Jam's fault. I guarantee you there was not a single driver that night who held back. I personally know almost all of the drivers from that lineup, and I can tell you from years of doing shows with them that some of the ego combinations in that group wouldn't let anyone hold back.
I know Monster Jam wants to pull off the best show possible, but with stupid decisions (seriously? A radio show guy driving a monster truck for pretty much no reason?) it's not perfect. I do think it was a good lineup, but I see why the average fan would think it's lackluster (kind of phrased it wrong) with no "zehErMahGerd zeh Dennis and zeh Tom!111". Pablo and Madusa are extremely underrated for who they are. However, the bold parts are the reason I think it's lackluster. I think Ben Winslow is good but not great. Haven't seen a lot of Ryan but he sounds like he only does local, so he doesn't have much seat time.

4 link

I have been to around 50 shows at least from the time I was a little kid. The show was poor and trucks came out broken in the intro. The track setup was not well planned and it was a boring show. Others around us stated the same thing. Of all the shows this is the only one that pissed me off. I am not picky nor do I expect world finals at every show. You really had to be their as far as feeling the momentum of the show. It really dragged on. The food was more enjoyable. I will be attending the super dome show and I have never been disappointed leaving that one. While I am venting I know predator and prowler have been at it a long time but I watch people get up and get food when they come out. Their trucks do not sound like they are ever running good and the outdated suspension does not help with freestyle. Bad habits truck was an old one and had way to high of a gear and was not even in the same league as the other trucks. I could go on and on but the show was bad, comparable to a tiny arena show made for little kids. Also I ordered some shirts from feld for the next show and they do not list the brand t shirt. Well they come in and they are gilden. I used these shirts for my company one time. They are cheap and shrink in length. I called to exchange them and they want me to eat the shipping, pay return shipping, and than pay shipping again for different merchandise. This is pathetic and not the old school way I do business. I have spent thousands on tickets including world finals, tickets and shirts to multiple business clients etc. over the years as gifts and this is how they treat people. I have not told them this as it should not matter. All in all monster jam has not been a good subject this month and my excitement for the 23rd New Orleans show is non existent. On top of it my son got a ripped grave digger stuffed pillow thing and I did not see it until we got to the hotel. When I called the lady about sending it back she was a real peice of work. It's not about the money, it's the principles of things, and in this economy and the way America is going I will not do business with companies that do not understand taking care of your clients or customers. Now I have to send an email because speaking to someone higher up on the phone is just crazy thinking I assume.

chad4208

uh huh...

i watched the vids of that show...ive seen worse. Seriously...
"Bad habits truck was an old one and had way to high of a gear and was not even in the same league as the other trucks"

I would think if anything that truck has too low of a gear because of the way it sounds. but I dunno crap.. But he always puts on great freestyles unless hes broken... I dont know if he was broken

Predator always sound great..*** are you talking about? Predator always sounds great. At least Allen's truck does. Pouncer sometimes MAY fall into disrepair.
I'm not even going to address the rest but ive never seem a puff truck with a tear

Last edited:

Awesome Kong84

I know several people bring in the breakage factor in with these past few events. Always a point that seems to be brought up. It really comes down to what kind of beating can the equipment hold? These jumps are getting bigger each year and they have been doing what they can with technology to keep up. Also what needs to be kept in mind is the time and what is available to do most of the repairs. I am not saying that shortcuts are taken by any means but lets face it not every trailer has everything imaginable a full shop would have. But the thing I do find compelling is the rush/pace of the show. Yes the lineups have grown from the early days and that is a good thing. But also when you are rushing these teams to get a truck ready in under a minute before the next round begins you really leave the crew guys in a time crunch. I give it up to every single crew man/woman out there. They honestly get robbed IMO from time to time when its about getting a truck ready for the fans in between rounds. You can't control breakage, we all know that, and it will happen. But if there wasn't such a rush to keep the trucks out on the floor I am sure you would find yourself with less in between round issues.

MCMsports

Wouldnt drive 6 hours for a show, NOT a feld fan so they run their trucks to how ever they run them and well you win some u loose some

Drove 6 hours with my Four year old son for the Houston show. We arrived just in time for the start. He loves monster trucks and has been to two others and is really into the shows, no earplugs lol. I have been to many since a kid as well as the world finals when my little brother was younger. The show barley held his attention and mine. Poor performing trucks, some breaking to fast which seemed hurt before qualifying, and poor freestyles. With the time travel, 170 worth of tickets this is the first monster jam I felt let down and aggravated. I could see in my son's face he was bored and from an adult view I was also. This is just my review on this particular show and I wanted to know if anyone else felt similar?

chad4208

A troll? Will you be at the New Orleans show, I will come speak to you in person.
I know that post wasn't directed towards me but I said uh huh.

I thought about it and I dont want to be insulting people ( I edited previous post to reflect and I apologize)) but I thought some of those complaints were a bit nit pickety so to speak. Frankly, I saw a lot of youtube comments saying the show was So so...
Again not every show can be the best but you are right on the shirts and their customer service...lol. But other than ill fitting shirts ive never had an issue with their merch...other than price.

Believe me...ST Louis 09... I know how you feel, and Ive gone off the handle more than once complaining about something the officials did or qualifying or whatever so I guess I shouldn't judge when somebody else has an issue with something else. (though im still not sure why a trucks gear is an issue to you...thats what I mean by being nit pickety.

But anyway, Sorry. Im sure New Orleans will be better

4 link

It was kind of an impulse trip. I woke up had nothing to do and knowing I would not be home much for the next three weeks, I said pack your stuff, we can have a little adventure. He loves trains, big rigs, construction equipment etc. so for him the drive was not bad. Hopefully he will do the same for his kids and remember his old man. New Orleans is usually an awesome layout, wish Dennis Anderson was coming as it is one of his favorites but the other show he is doing is a lot closer to his home and probably a smarter financial move.