Kreml, Laskey, Johnson?

monstermaniac

Frank Kreml is returning to the seat of Grinder this week after injuring his shoulder in December in Minneapolis. Question is, where do Nicole Johnson and Taryn Laskey go? Nicole is scheduled to drive Tasmanian Devil in Portland, but Taryn just wrote, "Off to Portland!" on her Facebook. Anybody know how this is going to shape up from here?

monstermaniac

No doubt she would. But I like Candice being the only one in that truck. That's her identity. I want Taryn to create her own name in the sport with her own truck... Or a second Taz just because I like the design of the red paint. Not sure why. It's dull, but I love it.

icemanj12

Taryn would be a perfect fit for a second Monster Mutt Dalmatian.
Too many dogs already haha. Original Mutt, Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Brutus, McGruff sports the dog face once in a while (and on El Porro LOCO). Who is driving Dragons Breath? Anybody? Maybe they could put her in that seat? I saw Becky McDunnah (sp?) driving it last year at Ford Field. Also curious if anybody knows what chassis is under that truck? Suspension setup was awesome and the truck was fast. Becky just hadnt had much seat time at that point.

KOFighter62

They did away with Dragon's Breath, so really it's anyone's guess as to who ends up in what truck in that whole situation

The will have a cage fight in Portland. Winner gets to drive the truck.

KOH is this weekend Nicole must not be running it. I am not even sure if she did last year.

MasterofTame

I am not sure what I would actually do with Taryn Laskey. Personally, I was not too impressed by her though this was her rookie year. Perhaps give Nicole Johnson a 4th Grinder and put Taryn back in Taz. Another thing they can do is put Taryn in Monster Mutt and have Joe Miller go into Captain's Curse or Backwards Bob.

on the topic of Dragon's Breath, I love the graphics but it is all about dri preference. If a driver can't see a problem both Becky and Adam Anderson both had with that particular body style. I think Adam actually ripped off the grill to give more a view.

CycloneTimeTV

Nicole Johnson got a whole new Advance Auto Parts GRINDER firesuit made just for her back in Roanoke, VA (which was two weeks ago), so that makes me wonder if she'll get a 4th corporate ride....

On the topic of Dragon's Breath, that truck is gone now because of a couple of factors, such as low-selling merchandise, plus Becky's preference of the way she viewed things from the driver's seat. That truck was hard to see out of!

I think that the only reason why Taryn Laskey didn't do too hot was because she jumped in the seat as a last-minute replacement and automatically jumped right into stadium shows, like Anaheim and San Diego and now St. Louis. It really isn't easy for a rookie to jump right into it and start out with stadiums. It takes some getting used-to.

Danny H.

You can't really judge Taryn based off a few performances. Let's go back in time to 2008 when Courtney Jolly got injured and Cam McQueen filled in. Look how far he's come since then.

MasterofTame

You can't really judge Taryn based off a few performances. Let's go back in time to 2008 when Courtney Jolly got injured and Cam McQueen filled in. Look how far he's come since then.
We shouldn't but it happens anyway. I think a fourth Grinder isn't exactly a bad idea. I think Taz has a limited shelf life as Tazmanian Devil. To me, it does not look right at all. The all maroon body looks very weird to me. Now for what to put Taryn in, who knows. I still stand behind putting Joe Miller in say Backwards bob or Captain's Curse with Taryn taking his mutt but if it doesn't happen I am not going complain. I think she could be good down the road once she gets use to driving, but right now she is not doing that great in stadiums.

monstermaniac

I think Taryn has actually been pretty **** good. Watch her STL freestyle. She's got a ton of talent! I hope she sticks with it. As for a 4th Grinder, I think 3 is plenty. But hey, I wont stop them if it means all three drivers mentioned all getting rides. I do agree with putting one of them in Captains Curse. I just don't like a thousand duplicates of a truck and I love Captains Curse. So for me, it works.
As for the Dragons Breath merchandise sales being low, I don't get why people wouldn't buy that stuff! That truck looks bad ***, and anybody who's seen Becky knows she's attractive and she drives hard! That should sell merchandise. Wish they could have done something about the windshield or something. That truck was awesome looking.

Last edited:

MasterofTame

I think Taryn has actually been pretty **** good. Watch her STL freestyle. She's got a ton of talent! I hope she sticks with it. As for a 4th Grinder, I think 3 is plenty. But hey, I wont stop them if it means all three drivers mentioned all getting rides. I do agree with putting one of them in Captains Curse. I just don't like a thousand duplicates of a truck and I love Captains Curse. So for me, it works.
As for the Dragons Breath merchandise sales being low, I don't get why people wouldn't buy that stuff! That truck looks bad ***, and anybody who's seen Becky knows she's attractive and she drives hard! That should sell merchandise. Wish they could have done something about the windshield or something. That truck was awesome looking.
I rather see 4 Grinders than 4 El Toros to be quite honest. IMO El Toro was done for me AFTER Lupe left it. I'm not trying to sound stereotypical though it might and most likely will come off that way, but without a hispanic behind the wheel it sounds dumb to me. Maybe Feld could bring in Isaiah Morales to drive it.

Also I find it a little weird with the Dragon's Breath merchandise not selling but I can see it. Here's why, no matter if they are or are not at the show, Grave Digger, El Toro Loco and Monster Mutt merchandise WILL BE AT THE SHOW! Did the truck look nice, YEAH but one of my favorites Backwards Bob I don't ever remember seeing t-shirts for it. As for the truck, I think Tony Farrell or Sky Hartley could do something with that truck. They didn't do too bad with that body style.

gmrcs

Too many dogs already haha. Original Mutt, Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Brutus, McGruff sports the dog face once in a while (and on El Porro LOCO). Who is driving Dragons Breath? Anybody? Maybe they could put her in that seat? I saw Becky McDunnah (sp?) driving it last year at Ford Field. Also curious if anybody knows what chassis is under that truck? Suspension setup was awesome and the truck was fast. Becky just hadnt had much seat time at that point.
When Becky moved to her current El Toro PEI, the dragons breath CRD was rebodied as Monster Mutt and now driven by Whit Tarlton and tours with Gary Porter.

WarthogDriver

I'd actually like for them to bring back Dragon's Breath. I like the Corvette body style and they only had it for one season.

MonkeyDad

I loved Dragon's Breath's design too. But really, that windshield was nearly impossible to see out of and I can't blame her for wanting a better truck for herself. Must have been a tough decision to give up her own individual truck/identity for a corporate ride, but for her career progression it's probably best. She had to be too cautious in DB. I saw her drive in her debut and she just looked too cautious and tentative because of the restricted view. She made some great jumps when she was lined up with the ramps, but it seemed to take too much effort to get lined up with the obstacles.

the bullfather

They say the same about Monster Mutt and how hard it is to see out the windshield.

I loved Dragon's Breath's design too. But really, that windshield was nearly impossible to see out of and I can't blame her for wanting a better truck for herself. Must have been a tough decision to give up her own individual truck/identity for a corporate ride, but for her career progression it's probably best. She had to be too cautious in DB. I saw her drive in her debut and she just looked too cautious and tentative because of the restricted view. She made some great jumps when she was lined up with the ramps, but it seemed to take too much effort to get lined up with the obstacles.

CycloneTimeTV

When Becky moved to her current El Toro PEI, the dragons breath CRD was rebodied as Monster Mutt and now driven by Whit Tarlton and tours with Gary Porter.
Where did you find that info out? Because via Porter, Tarlton, and their crew guy Cody, Whit's new truck is all-new, straight from CRD. They picked it up right after Wildwood last October from Digger's Dungeon.