Lets see some models

freakshow

:)I know that there are some really cool custom or out of the box models out there and I wanted to use this as a way for poeple to display their talent. I build models as a way of relieving stress or to brainstorm. Also anybody with drawings or other monster artwork could and should share if they would like. Here is some of what I have done. Scream, you the man, please share

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

:)Stephen

T

Thunder Chicken

I dig the Plain Insane and good work on reppin' the Freakshow truck there. You hand do all the paint yourself?

theace27

This is a model I have been working on for almost a year now and I can't seem to get it done. I have researched every inch of the real Aces High and tried to get the model 100% accurate. It has poseable steering front and back. I am just taking my time on this one as I want it to be the ultimate model in my collection. Enjoy. MK

fastj14

Dang dude those are some sick models!! I'll have to dig up some of my old artwork. I've also been working on a picture for you, it may take me a while but i'll send it to ya when i'm finished.

ProTruckChallenge

haha well thanks, i dont build anymore, to much work and partying haha. whisky buisness met an untimely demise, cat knocked it off the shelf. predator, clydesdale 2, monster mutt, pman 5 are all perfectly fine, and the bodies to equalizer, executioner, whiskey buisness, nightlife, bigfoot 10, and battle kat all await chassis. i'll see if i can dig some pics up

InsanoRacer

the first few are some doodles i did back in like 2003 going to texas i did meents foot and madusa when i went back to tech school a few years back sitting in the hotel.....the turtle one i also did going to texas before it came out, my dad was describing to me what they were using to make it and i drew that and sent it to howard (the one that designed it) and he was amazed....

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
Insano, your computer drawing of KK reminds me of a piece I did for a potential Mayhem shirt a few years back. I made this in Flash, I'm now beginning to experiment with it in Paint Shop Pro. At some point I'd like to grab a copy of Illustrator (the vector graphics program) and try something in there, making it look as professional as possible.

freakshow

Thunder Chicken, Yes I hand painted everything except for the freakshow graphics, that was and expermint with a decal printer paper and basic paint program

Insano, those drawings are incredible.

jwstrand

Here is an entry. I made this in 1985. The sky is a backdrop made with spray paint, the ground is made from St. Helen's ash I had in a jar. I later replaced the headlights with small photographs of Bigfoot's real headlights I photographed from a poster.

:D

rns0504

Jesus dude, I looked at that pic without reading your post and thought it was an actual shot with a real truck! Thats amazing dude!

ProTruckChallenge

well theaces model of aces high is by far the best model i have ever seen, but if you wanna see some progress pics of monster truck models as they are built, and alot of other monster truck models, check out the link in my sig, its to a thread on a model forum i started a while back.

freakshow

what materials do you use for hand fabricating
I use a hobby knife, masking tape, and alot of imagination. I scratch built the Pirate Pete, it was a stage 1 truck that my dad had built about 18 years ago. It was looking its age and so I made it a stage 2. Entire roll cage on Pirate Pete is made using the scrap plastic borders from other models.

theace27

I have used Evergreen plastic. If you google search it you will find their website. That is what I used to scratch build the frame, suspension, cage, portions of the rear ends just about anything you need to scratch build you can do it out of Evergreen stuff. They make all different sizes, shapes etc. Thanks Shawn for the nice words about the model, you build some wicked stuff too my friend. Once I get this thing done I am going to build 2 more Aces Highs, I want to do a Valvoline version and I am gonna build another blue one for Jake Henke. I gotta get through this one first though. hahaha.

freakshow

My next project if I ever get time will be the past and pesent version of High Voltage.

Evergreen plastic is the way to go. Thank you for the info

theace27

Hey jwstrand, can you post some more pics of your Bigfoot model? One day I want to do up that model too. Real nice job!! MK