Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Sep 27, 2012 #1

Randy Barton BUGZILLA MT

Randy Barton BUGZILLA MT

Randy Barton BUGZILLA MT

When is one of the Feld trucks gonna try to top it?

2. Sep 27, 2012 #2

Wes3120

Wes3120

Wes3120

I Have Often Wondered This Myself, I Know Just The Guy For The Job.

3. Sep 27, 2012 #3

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

Would also be interesting to see which way they do it, ramp to ramp or launch ramp only.

I think Meent's Wilman/coilover setup would do really well ramp to ramp but I don't think it would near as well with the small launch ramp only way. I know I'll catch flak for saying that......just my opinion.

4. Sep 27, 2012 #4

ray_traylor

ray_traylor

ray_traylor

Why should they try it? There is no money in it.

5. Sep 27, 2012 #5

carcrusher

carcrusher

carcrusher

DVD sales? Web traffic that equals to more advertising potential? Marketing opportunities? Oh yeah . . . . . . . no money in that at all.

Heck, they made a giant deal about Tom's backflip attempts, an official long jump record has much longer legs than a backflip attempt in terms of marketing potential.

6. Sep 27, 2012 #6

monsterjamman24

monsterjamman24

monsterjamman24

Being listed in the Guinness world record book that is distributed all across the world, Best exposure they can really get for going out building a dirt jump and letting there drivers hit it. O f course this is assuming they break the record.

7. Sep 27, 2012 #7

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

No because that would acknowledge the fact that Bigfoot exists.

8. Sep 27, 2012 #8

Golden

Golden

Golden

They acknowledged Bigfoot in this years yearbook.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  9. Sep 28, 2012 #9

OldSchoolDude

OldSchoolDude

OldSchoolDude

Feld might try it if they could crash a few trucks into each other on the landing.:rolleyes:

10. Sep 28, 2012 #10

BlackStallionRules79

BlackStallionRules79

BlackStallionRules79

What page? I must have missed it.

11. Sep 28, 2012 #11

Golden

Golden

Golden

page 11 under 1986
    It's not much but it is a mention of Bigfoot in 2012 by Monster Jam.

12. Sep 28, 2012 #12

RnW 13

RnW 13

RnW 13

If you are considered by media, fans, and everyone else to be the biggest, best, and most recognized promoter of monster truck events, it'd be extremely foolish that they aren't even pursuing the idea of taking the long jump records, and considering the history that USHRA has with Bigfoot and Paul Shafer(who owns Bear Foot which STILL HOLDS THE INDOOR RECORD!!!!!!!!!), it should be one of the companies top goals to take both records. They have an arsenal of drivers and trucks ready to make names for themselves or add another medal to there collection of accomplishments.

Why not focus on that, or like I suggested in another thread to bring back USA and TNT style events to make more money, instead of a latino themed truck?

13. Sep 29, 2012 #13

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

That acknowledges the fact that Bigfoot existed, not exists. They have not acknowledged a modern day Bigfoot other than throwing their trucks in the shop that whole one time.

14. Sep 30, 2012 #14

Robbie Milburn

Robbie Milburn

Robbie Milburn

According to Bigfoot after they broke the record, Bad Habit doesn't exist.

15. Sep 30, 2012 #15

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that.

16. Oct 1, 2012 #16

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

lolTimmy

Yea I dunno why nobody mentions that Bad Habit held the record most recently. If it weren't for Joe we wouldn't even have this new record.

17. Oct 2, 2012 #17

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

Why are people getting so butthurt that they didn't mention Bad Habit or Joey? Look back at the Bad Habit video and count how many times it mentions Bigfoot, twice. Once by the announcer in the beginning and once at the end by the interviewer. Never does Joey mention Bigfoot and no one mentions Dan Runte or anyone else at Bigfoot. And guess what? I didn't expect the to! It was Joey's day for him and the Bad Habit crew when he did it and it was Bigfoot's day when they did it. Stop trying to make their day about something else.....

18. Oct 2, 2012 #18

KidKrazy86

KidKrazy86

KidKrazy86

I wish I could click the like button more than once for a quote like this. It's pretty true. Ever since this happened 2 weeks ago, it seems that alot of people only want to say is about how it sucks that Joe no longer has the record or "I hope Monster Jam takes this record", instead of giving Dan Runte the praise he deserves for the jump. The jump was not about Monster Jam either, it was about Bigfoot. I'm glad Joe had the record, and I'm just as happy that Bigfoot has it back now.

19. Oct 2, 2012 #19

Golden

Golden

Golden

Who said they want FELD to take the record? One post was made that said which FELD truck would go after the record and it got people talking. It would be nice to see another team whether FELD or indie get into the record game.

Also how has Dan not gotten the praise he deserves? It was literally the biggest story of the past few weeks. It overshadowed the fact that Mark Hall won the Jamboree series this year and pretty much anything else. The Bigfoot jump has been posted plenty of times from almost every angle imaginable. There were tons of posts congratulating the team on here and almost every monster truck related site.

Joe worked his *** of for the jump without the budget or sponsors of Bigfoot. Joe went out there with limited resources and took a record that no other team had attempted. I'm sure that most people would agree that deserves tons of respect. So it is a little disappointing when you see someone lose something that they worked so hard for and in no way is that taking away from Dan's accomplishment. At the same time it's good to know that the door is open for new attempts.

You act like Joe hasn't gotten his fair share of grief by people. I've seen multiple people talk trash on the size of Joe's ramp, his landing and the fact that he had it on internet pay per view. **** Jim Kramer went on TV and said he used a 30 foot tall ramp which is a lie. It's what he wanted so it's what he built and I don't see anyone lining up to set the guidelines for these record so why should that be an issue. He didn't come out and say that Bigfoot's ramp had to be high like his or have a landing ramp. Also can you blame the guy for wanting to make a few extra bucks.

It was Bigfoot's day that for sure but without Joe Sylvester that day probably wouldn't have happened and the indy jamboree would have came and went. If anyone knows about not getting recognized for their accomplishment by a bigger entity it should be Bigfoot. So even if they cracked a joke like "Maybe next time Joe." on facebook or on video or at least brought up the Bad Habit name once it would have been nice on their part.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. Oct 2, 2012 #20

KidKrazy86

KidKrazy86

KidKrazy86

You must have some vendetta against me, because every time I make a comment about Monster Jam, you seem to rant and cry about it and you turn it into more than what it is.

Now with that said, if you had read the other threads from when the event had happened(it wasn't just this forum, but also on RCMT) it was about less than 24 hours after the jump people were saying that Monster Jam could do it better, without giving the proper praise to where it belongs. The amount of posts saying that Monster Jam could do it better overshadowed the posts congratulating Dan and the team for their success.

I never said anything against Joe having the record, like I said I am happy Joe had the record.