Mega Truck roll-cages

Furious Rodimus

Alright, so I got some Trucks Gone Wild DVDs from my wife for my birthday, but something I find odd is this: It seems like the majority of the trucks have no roll cage to speak of.

To me this seems strange especially since some of them range in the tall and skinny realm of things. It would seem logical that if you're going to build your truck tall and skinny that you would want a roll cage in case the worst should happen.

So, that being said, why aren't more roll cages installed in these trucks?

Christian Riedel

I agree more cages are needed, and I noticed more and more appearing as the series goes on. In reality, these guys aren't moving too incredibly fast through the pits (other than maybe hill and hole) and the mud is deep and soft enough that it seems to be rather forgiving. Remember, a standard vehicle body is designed to withstand a higher speed rollover which gives a little bit of leeway for the added weight that comes with bigger tires and axles, not to mention the soft mud.

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Theres never an excuse to not have a rollcage. After I became a father, I contemplated putting one in my DD.

Christian Riedel

x2, I've seen more than 1 pancaked truck in my days of wheeling, and it is just stupid not to have one. My point was that in comparison to say...desert racing...or rock crawling, you have a lot more leeway with mud, and thats probably why you don't see as many. Thats not to say that something won't happen, because it very easily can, its just not as likely. My buddy flopped his scout on 40s in a mud pit, no body damage at all.