For Sale Metal Monster

MTRATTK

Yeah, it's a good truck and price, but it's missing several safety items. I don't think it would pass MTRA or Monster Jam Safety Guidelines.

The axles built by Black Rock, these guys know what they're doing.

r_gillies

Reserve not met yet wonder what it is set at? What sort of safety items would have to be added to this truck?

Sent from my iPhone

MTRATTK

Driveline Shields are not new designs. No wheel tethers. Looks like some cab shields to protect the driver are needed. No return to center rear steering switch seen. No Orbital Shield. There are probalby more things that I can't see from looking at photos.

TNTmonstertruck

there are wheel teathers there is a auto steer in the rear and they are the new driveline sheilds... cant learn everything from a pic theres no pic of the rear axle and that truck ran for feld for years with less than whats on the truck now its a steal for that price the axles and engine alone were more than the asking price. plus 5 new rims and tires that arent mangled crap like most guys run. kyle built some killer axles for the truck with billet knuckles and a serious wheel teather and pinion sheild.

Black Rock Fab

Thanks alot Leo and TIm.

Yea, I built the wheel tethers like how Patrick's are for the Clarks. The ps250s don't leave much room for a cable set up. Leo did a great job in getting the truck all assembled and the truck looking alot better than the past. Steve dropped alot of money with us in getting turn key axles built with the best parts. Billet knuckles on all 4 corners same ones that Bob Robbins has (well 2 on each truck), our housings, drive shaft cages, overtime steering cylinders. . list goes on. . Its a great buy for someone looking to get started. Kyle

Last edited:

TL_4x4

I think he's done 3 shows with it, I saw it at the second show, had bypass shocks and coil-overs, throttle rythm competely off, and truck landed hard. I didn't see the suspension move on any jumps he did. and I heard he had some trouble at 3rd show - 2 flat tires, batterys fell out. He also originally owned Mega Merc, sold that dirt cheap, and I think he still might own Hot Shot monster jeep.

MTRATTK

Well, I guess Kyle, Leo and Marty cleared that up. I don't see a lexan cover on the batteries. I'm just going by what's in the photos. So I could be wrong?

TNTmonstertruck

It had plexiglass covering it. I just installed what was on the truck in the past. All the hydraulic system is new all new aeroquip lines great deal for whoever gets it. I know the suspension was insanely stiff but I just put it back together was not getting involved in tuning.

CMDeerfoot

It's a decent truck, not good but not horrible either; the only concern I have with it is shown below.
901980_638718109487767_1508645205_o.jpg
905494_638718472821064_299933257_o.jpg
919770_638718582821053_767392749_o.jpg
919925_638718246154420_891485379_o.jpg

I'm no fab expert and have never welded anything in my life, but even I know that's not how your supposed to weld or repair a chassis. All of those welding and bracing issues would have to be fixed before I would ever crush a car, let alone run in an event. But looking back at those pics again, it draws the question of how this thing passed a Feld tech inspection? The world may never know.......

Last edited:

TNTmonstertruck

one of my guys is toying with the idea of buying it the chassis is the cheapest part to replace and the only part thats not new.