MJ now doing domestic summer stadium shows!

Crazyman9

Noticed that show on the list the other day, definitely really cool to see a stadium event in the summer. Hopefully they do some more! Grade A line-up for that show as well.

RyanRoberts

odd ...just the other day i was thinking why don't do Unversity of Cardinal stadium lol Cool to see them there! surprised they didn't mention this to phoenix fans in january.

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Old Cardinal Stadium in Louisville would be and AWESOME place to have a show, I've been saying that for years. Its the place where the Louisville Redbirds AAA baseball team used to play, they they built Slugger Field and renamed themselves to the Bats.

However, the place sits empty most of the year, I think it's only used now for concerts during the state fair. Its got a big floor and tons of seating.

Are you listening, Feld?

RyanRoberts

that Louisville Bats current stadium would be nice.. really alot of these AAA sized stadiums could work .. They are pretty much MLB quality stadiums.. Such as the ones in OKC, Memphis, and Round Rock, TX . would be able to use probably in the fall ... You listening Feld?? :D

MonsterTruckLuvin

anything in louisville is good. Louisville is nearly a monster truck wasteland. It finally has a monster jam back. It just surprises me that there are so few monster truck shows there, especially being the home of the Super Duty.

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Well, they are building a new arena in Downtown Louisville, so maybe it'll have an annual first-quarter show, instead of one in October, which is cool in its own right too.

I don't, however, know how big the arena will be, or its name as of yet, but I think it's due to be complete and operational in 2010 or 2011, and that Freedom Hall is more than likely not being demolished, as its in the center of hte KY Fair and Expo center. Which has ALOT of shows and expos thoughout the year, and many of which use the floorspace of the arena as well as all the expo halls.

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
Ditto that.
Unfortunately I checked their schedule and it's really packed in that timeframe between concerts, the Revs, and the Pats. But a man can dream lol. If nothing else, it's something to be looked at in coming years, I know for a fact that there had been discussion about Supercross there.

As an aside, it'd kill the grass so they'd never do it, but I'd move heaven and earth for a Fenway Park show (the Green Monster Jam ha ha!).

Otherwise, Stafford is always that time frame anyhow.

InsanoRacer

theres a stadium in utah they're hitting in june..... a new game plan is to keep monster jam rolling into year round shows.... whattya'll think of that?

CanadianJohn

If anyone from FELD is reading this come to Toronto or better yet come to London Ontario and put a show on at our universitiy football field.

carcrusher

this isn't really a new idea - sro/pace used to do lots of summer stadium shows. i'm glad to see they're coming back now though - now if only the pittsburgh stadiums had tunnel access . . . . . :(

jamisles02

Monster Jam in University of Phoenix Stadium. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this is a test to see if a Monster Jam there would work. Chase Field is nice, but they have tons of possibilities for tracks @ UoP. They could easily do a track similar to Orlando's or the one in Houston last year where it started like Vegas before becoming St. Louis-style

CaptainAwesome

I've figured if they've already DONE Monster Truck shows in that stadium then why wouldn't Monster Jam work there? I'm kind of under the impression you guys think that arena has never had a show before or something?

theace27

If anyone from FELD is reading this come to Toronto or better yet come to London Ontario and put a show on at our universitiy football field.
tear up the Mustang's field??? I would be all about that one!!! I wish there was a summer Detroit show. It would be nice to see the Monsters back in the Silverdome!!! But since the Dome is collecting dust I can't see that one happening. :(