Monroe, MI 2010 Video

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by MichiganMonstersElliott, Aug 24, 2010.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

Tags:
  1. Aug 24, 2010 #1

MichiganMonstersElliott

MichiganMonstersElliott

MichiganMonstersElliott

[ame="http://vimeo.com/14380734"]2010 Monroe Monster Truck Throwdown! on Vimeo[/ame]

Check it out.

Filmed by Andrew Pellegrine
    Edited by Elliott Miller

2. Aug 24, 2010 #2

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Great video Elliott! Can't wait to see the next video.

3. Aug 24, 2010 #3

Jason Twite

Jason Twite

Jason Twite

Freelancer

Good job again guys!

And I think I speak for all three of us when I say: STUPID TAPE GLITCHES!!! Obviously ruined Jos's freestyle and it ruined some great shots of ours this past Saturday too. ARG!

4. Aug 24, 2010 #4

JER

JER

JER

sweet video elliott!!

5. Aug 25, 2010 #5

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire

Excellent work as usual.

6. Aug 25, 2010 #6

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

Nice

Great Video.
    We didn't really think the show was that great. Have Avenger and Brutus there every year, the Perrins are there a lot too. We want to see some new trucks there. Especially since we drove an hour to see it.

7. Aug 25, 2010 #7

Set2Crash16

Set2Crash16

Set2Crash16

That was an awesome video... keep up the good work!

8. Aug 25, 2010 #8

AndrewPellegrine

AndrewPellegrine

AndrewPellegrine

Photographer

You drove an hour to see it? I drove 6 hours to take video and I've been to dozens of county fair shows and I can tell you this was the best county fair show I've ever witnessed in person. Every driver gave 110%, you got 7 top notch trucks and drivers, a great course for the venue size, what more can you ask for?

9. Aug 25, 2010 #9

starscream24

starscream24

starscream24

Very nice. What are the songs that you used?

10. Aug 25, 2010 #10

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

Um

I don't agree
    My husband doesn't agree
    our friends don't agree
    We just want to see different trucks. Excaliber is just one of the Sudden Impact trucks with a different body. Avenger is there every year, and yes we like Jim and Chris, but we also want to see other trucks.

Would love to see Virginia Giant or some of the West coast trucks out this way. Thrasher would be great to see.

Felt like the same show as last year.
    Sorry Im not a purist as some but there were 15 of us (adults & children) who paid to be there. Aren't we allowed to express ourselves.

BUT
    I THINK THE VIDEO IS GREAT

11. Aug 25, 2010 #11

Dominator92

Dominator92

Dominator92

i dont see how it could have been any better, for a county fair, this show was awsome, it even put some monster jam shows ive seen down, this was the best ever monroe county monster truck show, and if the promoter reads this, or elliot, dont change a thing!!!! bring back the same trucks every year, because i know it will be one **** of a show.

12. Aug 25, 2010 #12

AndrewPellegrine

AndrewPellegrine

AndrewPellegrine

Photographer

Take a step back and realize that you are getting an extreme value for the $10 it costs to get into the show...there are a lot worse shows out there charging a lot more for tickets. This is gotta be one of the top 5 fair shows year in and year out, if not the best. Yes it would be sweet to see some trucks you don't normally see but a lot of fair shows around the country rely heavily on regional trucks since it doesn't make sense for say a west coast truck to come all the way to the Detroit area for a one night fair show.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  13. Aug 25, 2010 #13

cmunds

cmunds

cmunds

I guess the old saying is true... you can't make everyone happy. Our family came from central IL. We had a blast. In fact we already talked about coming back for NEXT year's show.

We went because of the STRONG LINE UP of independent teams. The line up was top notch!!!

If you don't like the line up maybe you should drive a little farther out of your area. I would be extreeeeemly happy with that show being so close.

We have come up to michigan for shows at IONIA (few yrs back, Monroe and Cassopolis)

Michigan knows how to put on great shows. :eek:

Awesome Video again Elliot. I always look forward to seeing your work~!

14. Aug 25, 2010 #14

Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

just goes to show people want variety. even if the show is great no one likes to see the same show over and over.

15. Aug 25, 2010 #15

Muddy

Muddy

Muddy

Like it was said...wouldn't make sense for a lot of teams to make the trip considering it's a pretty small time show. Same trucks or not, the action looked phenominal.

16. Aug 25, 2010 #16

Christian Riedel

Christian Riedel

Christian Riedel

I didn't like the last Feld show I went to...I'm sick of seeing Grave Digger, Maximum Destruction, Blue Thunder, Taz, etc.

But in all seriousness, I would love to see that show, especially for 10 bucks. I heard that same thing from plenty of people about our local fair that they were sick of seeing the same 2 trucks with two others each year, but you can't expect a top of the line show and all new trucks every year, its just not doable on that small scale. They are right, you won't be able to find a better line up for a better price at any county fair in the country. Props to all involved for a spectacular show.

17. Aug 25, 2010 #17

JFR_Fan

JFR_Fan

JFR_Fan

What song was playing at the start of freestyle?

18. Aug 25, 2010 #18

RHaught_AM

RHaught_AM

RHaught_AM

I wish I could have driven an hour to see this lineup. I'd do it every week.

We don't realize how lucky we are sometimes, or what goes into putting these shows on behind the scenes.

19. Aug 26, 2010 #19

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

monstermaiden

well I c

Take a step back?
    Between my husband, our 2 children, and I that's $40, and fair entry which I don't recall. We just wanted to come out and enjoy the show, which we did. We just want variety. Yes we ONLY drove an hour to get there, which was after Rob worked a double at the welding shop and I pulled a double in the ER. We work very hard for our money and have very little family time.

"We don't realize how lucky we are sometimes, or what goes into putting these shows on behind the scenes."
    We've been doing the bogs and 4x4 events since we were dating high school. We know what goes on with shows. We don't care, honestly, we pay to see the show not get lectured on how hard it is. The people putting it on get paid to have the headaches. If Rob doesn't weld something together right and it fails he can't say well the pressures of the job caused it. His boss will say "Oh ok...U R Fired".

Instead of us feeling "LUCKY", how about the fair and the promoters feel lucky that so many of us are willing to spend our hard earned money to go to the show.

Sorry I expressed my views.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. Aug 26, 2010 #20

RHaught_AM

RHaught_AM

RHaught_AM

Every promoter is lucky (and good, and happy, and whatever, for that matter) for every fan that walks through the gates and pays their hard-earned money to see the show. That we can agree on.

By "lucky," I mean you're lucky to have the opportunity to do so. Many people can't afford it, even WITH working that hard. To me, it's a priviledge to go and pay the money to see the show, and I'm just happy I have monster trucks available to see. To others? Hey, who knows, but saying it wasn't a good show because you didn't get to see the trucks you wanted...the lineup was advertised in advance. If you didn't like the lineup, as you said, you didn't have to go, and you're allowed to want different trucks and express that opinion too. I've elected not to do some shows near me because I didn't like the lineup of trucks, or there were web clients elsewhere that I covered instead.

If you understand what goes into running and booking the shows, then let me ask you this: Would you rather book a local truck that made the World Finals and is recognized everywhere for being a great operation with fans and promoters, or a truck from 2000 miles away that doesn't usually do much (not naming names, if this comes close to any teams you had in mind, I didn't mean offense)? I know my answer to that one...

If you want to see different trucks, then drive farther than an hour out of your range and I'm sure you could see different trucks more times than not. But good luck paying $10 a head for that show and seeing the same quality.