"Monster Jam 2011" The Video Game...

http://www.monsterjam.com/worldFinals/article.2010-03-22.6304100333

Minneapolis, MN ? March 24, 2010 ? Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Feld Motor Sportssm today announced Monster Jam? 2011 for the Wii?, Nintendo DS?, Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation?3 computer entertainment systemand PSP? (PlayStation?Portable) system. The Monster Jam 2011video game promises to be the ultimate monster truck experience complete with unprecedented realism, customization, truck handling and all-out destruction. The game is scheduled for release in Fall 2010.

Monster Jam, the world?s largest and most popular monster truck touring property, remains the leader in family-friendly live motor sports entertainment, selling more than 4 million tickets at 325 performances worldwide in 2009. With the feverishly anticipated Monster Jam World Finals coming this weekend to Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV, the 2010 Monster Jam tour is on pace to be another recording-setting year for the brand.

?Monster Jam fans spoke to us loud and clear - they want to compete in stadium events that feel like the real thing and control monster trucks that handle like the real thing,? said David Oxford at Activision Publishing. ?We can?t wait to let them either create their own trucks, or drive one of the 30 authentic trucks from Monster Jam then destroy everything in sight, just like their favorite drivers.?

Monster Jam 2011 is all about authenticity, personality, and fun, with 30 officially licensed Monster Jam trucks, including fan-favorites Grave Digger?, Maximum Destruction?, and Grinder?. Players can also create and customize their own trucks with thousands of options, unlocking new parts and upgrades as they progress through the game.

Eight real life stadiums from the Monster Jam circuit help bring the live atmosphere to the living room like never before, with explosive truck introductions, pyrotechnics and lighting, and a roaring crowd. In single player mode the goal is the same as for real life drivers - rise through the ranks of ruthless competitors to ultimately battle against the best at the Monster Jam World Finals! Head-to-head multiplayer modes take the heart-pounding competition to another level.

?Activision has been a fantastic partner of ours for many years now, and this year they have outdone themselves,? said Charlie Mancuso, President of Feld Motor Sports ?Monster Jam 2011 will be theultimate monster truck video game, our fans are going to flip when they get their hands on it!?

This game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information visit www.MonsterJam.com or www.activision.com.

carcrusher

now that, my friends, sounds like it could be the biggest step in the right direction we've had in a long time. might be worth buying a ps3 for . . . . . and if it's online . . . . it's a done deal.

JRB4337

It sounds like FELD and Activision have taken some steps to make the game more realistic. We'll have to see some previews before I really believe what they say but, it sounds good. No matter what I think the game will be as good or even better as the others before it.

Destroyerfan

Figures, i don't have any of those systems lol. It sounds like it's going to be a great game though, much better (realism-wise) than the last ones.

Crazyman9

Amazing!

What was my checklist for a MJ game?
-Realism
-Create a Truck
-Create a Track (only thing missing based on that article)
-PS3

Very excited! Can't wait for more information!

EDIT: Hopefully with realism it'll extend to individualized chassis' for each truck.

Last edited:

Joepotato

No weapons, no unrealistic race courses, sounds pretty cool. Can't wait until fall! Hopefully they'll modify the game engine a bit, or at least take out the ability to do mid-air flips.

Last edited:

Jordan Robson

All SOUNDS great but I'll wait to see videos and pictures and try it for myself before I make some premature decision on what I think about it.....

Smasha

If FELD pull this off, I will never hesitate to respect them in the future because they have finally heard us out :D

jetmonkeyj

I didn't get ANYTHING on my checklist...

Lots of power ups, machine guns, flames throwers, and laser beams. All circuit racing with no side-by-side silliness. Levels would include Iraq, the moon, the Vatican etc. Demolition derby and backflip competition modes. And a Monster Wars type trash talking wrestler for each truck with a storyline developed by the same people who brought us Monster Trux 2000.
:p

It all sounds great, but we've seen this kind of press release dozens of times, and been disappointed with each one, so I'm skeptical until I see and play it. But they do make it sound good from the press release.

Still, not going out and buying a new game system for it just yet.

Sewilo

I'm going to keep my head up on this one. Normally I would expect a crappy game, but I hope they listen to what we all wanted.

Eric Myers

When I was In the urban assault championship I belive I talked to David oxford and told him. Straight up id really like to see a realistic game...maybe this has something to do with that.

jeb134

Wow, that actually sounds somewhat promising...I'll still wait and see, but it definitely sounds intriguing.

Muddy

Hmm...I like hearing that the fans actually made a difference with this...I am tho, curious as to what their idea of Realistic is. Also curious about how they intend on doing the stadiums...I can't see them doing an actual bracket setup like the real deal, so I'm expecting an indoor , 4 trucks at a time in an arena kind of deal.

But hey, if the trucks drive good, i'm alright with that...and customization is AWESOME news.

tazfan17

DANG FELD AND ACTIVISION!
I think this could be the greatest monster truck game ever if it is anything like the news release. Didnt say anything about freestyle though but im sure they will include it. CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN TRUCK!!! Thats what im excited about and you get to do your own introductions is awesome to!

goleafsgo

Sorry to look at things this way.........

BUT,
Lets everyone just keep there heads on straight...and not jump to conclusions... as history has shown us, the games are never what we want...granted this does sound more promising, but I for one am not expecting much.