Monster Jam 2016 announcment

Mrpq

Adam posted another picture on his IG of another Digger chasie stating "hmmmm??? Sure is a lot of bars in this digger" Looks like behind the seat theres a double cage. not really sure what you would call that area but its doubled up

Outlaw

Adam posted another picture on his IG of another Digger chasie stating "hmmmm??? Sure is a lot of bars in this digger" Looks like behind the seat theres a double cage. not really sure what you would call that area but its doubled up
In the comments he stated it is not his digger, it is either digger 33 or 30. Waiting for my source to get back to me on it but I suspect it is Dennis's since he runs an old school seat, alot of FELD's trucks started to adopt a secondary set of roof supports but as you can see from the picture below, they might have had to change it up for Dennis so not to hit his shoulder or head on the bars.

gm50cal

saw shocker at the POMONA finals yesterday... no monster jam stickers, then checked a bunch of the socal shows, and no shocker listed... so i guess we can add him to the list of indys not returning....

i wonder if its the BKT thing....

MTRATTK

The fact that you need to buy BKT tires to run anymore than 3 or 4 events has caused many indy drivers to simply say NO to buying BKT's!!!

Mrpq

have bkt tires been proven to be better then what is out and being used now? If they are the better option then why not buy them. If there is no real physical benefit to them and its just BKT strong arming the indy guys, then I see the indy guys stand point

MTRATTK

BKT's have proven to be troublesome. Many drivers that have them, don't like them and they're Feldies. The fact that you can't just buy four. BKT forces you to buy a large amount, which is too costly for most teams. I said teams should pool together and share the cost. I think a few have but, the single truck owner is in the worst position right now. If I had the funds to help anyone. I would but that's not possible in my current situation.

Mrpq

BKT's have proven to be troublesome. Many drivers that have them, don't like them and they're Feldies. The fact that you can't just buy four. BKT forces you to buy a large amount, which is too costly for most teams. I said teams should pool together and share the cost. I think a few have but, the single truck owner is in the worst position right now. If I had the funds to help anyone. I would but that's not possible in my current situation.
ahh , see I didn't know you couldn't jut buy four. So I have a question. The indy teams that run on the FS1 Championship tour, I assume they HAVE to buy BKT tires other wise they cant run on the tour? Being you said you cant just buy four that does seem like a big hit money wise. I am also assuming FELD doesn't help out any with the coast

MTRATTK

No they don't help with the costs. If they would allow owners to buy four or whatever they need. You'd see more indys on the tour. Hopefully they'll realize the mistake and take corrective action but who knows? If you're running on the FS1 tour. You better be using BKT's they're the sponsor.

Wannadrive1

Saw the video on Adams page and he said"there's my truck, labeled 32, back in action" and I saw coilovers...
And the whole BKT tire thing and not buying just 4, lil much.
And live seeing Adam in a GD, but liked him having kind if his OWN identity for himself.

Mrpq

pretty neat video. Why do they need to add so many extra bars to Dennis truck just to add a newer style seat? Also Adams stash made me lol

MTRATTK

Because the extra bars are needed for reinforcement to areas where the cage has shown weakness when Digger lands hard on the roof or the side. This also further protects the driver from getting hurt.

Mrpq

Sorry I was just a little confused since Adam said extra bars added so they can put a new style seat in. Adams truck doesn't have that double tubing wall behind his seat from what I saw. I guess maybe since Dennis' truck had an older style seat, they built more tubing around that seat that know would be in the way with the new style seat so they added the extra tabbing elsewhere

gravedigfan90

looks like Gary Porter will be touring with Jon Zimmer Carolina Crusher and Digger together again this year.

Last edited: