Monster Jam 2016 announcment

Mrpq

All Feld has to do in my opinion is run the shows like they did back around 2012. That would be a HUGE improvement over what they are doing now. The year with the last show at the Link and first show at Metlife had to be some of the best I have seen. Ever since then it has kind fallen off. The racing seemed so much stronger back then. Recently the racing seems to be "babied".

Also they now have the "Monster Jam training facility" up by Toms place. To me that's just going to make shows cookie cutter. they will train drivers to do things the way Feld wants. I feel like the all new drivers are going to be missing "something" compared to the Andersons and the Meents drivers. Even Adam mentioned it on his IG. Something along the lines of all the new drivers going to this spot to practice vs him and Ryan and Dennis having seat time mostly only at shows

Awesome Kong84

Yeah it seems very clear that this driving school is educating them how Feld does it. Seat time is really where you learn. On Monster Truck Radio a while back Bob Chandler said he would love to open a driving school and facility where drivers can get MTRA certified. I feel like that would be a real driving school where you'd actually learn about the truck and you as a driver. I'd take Dan Runte and Jim Kramer teaching me over Tom Meents any day of the week. Anyone can bonsai a truck. No offence to Tom but I just don't think he could have gone toe to toe with either of these guys in their prime. Plus Dan is still a really amazing driver and could beat up on most of the Feld lineup.

Mrpq

Its funny because I remember Jimmy Creaton saying years ago the same thing about Tom and his way of bonsaing a truck and how anyone can do it

monsterjamman24

Toms a pretty decent driver, I think his record at vegas speaks for that. However as a freestyler its really just the same every event, hits ramps progressively harder throughout the run until the truck breaks. Cant really say anything its worked for him fairly well for the past 20ish years now, why change? I agree I'd much rather watch Damon run, but thats a personal choice. I bet if you polled the people at monster jam who was their favorite truck to watch freestyle I bet at least 2/10 would say Maxd.

Awesome Kong84

Tom is a good driver. I'll give him credit for what he's done. But I prefer a clean freestyle, momentum, and the truck in one piece at the end. Damon is a very good example of that. He puts down very calculated runs and they are very smooth. Nothing outta place. I've not see a run of his that wasn't smooth. Yeah "fans" love the busted up truck type freestyles. But it takes a really good driver to control the truck and keep it all together at the end.

Mrpq

Ok so since we are on this topic what do you guys think of Dennis, Adam and Ryan? To me out of the bunch Tom is more the driver type to just mash the gas and go. The Andersons seem to have a bit more control, well maybe Ryan is more of a closer driving style to Tom. No one really wrecks a truck like Tom though.

Awesome Kong84

I really like Adam's driving style. He does things very similar to Damon in a way yet you see some of Dennis in him. Dennis has always been great but you can clearly see that Adam has passed him up but not by much. Racing out of the three Anderson's definitely Adam is the best. Ryan is on his own path. I see glimpses of Dennis too and the bonsai approach like Tom at times. When it comes to my list I'd say Adam, Dennis, and then Ryan. In the FS1 series Tom hasn't a chance to beat Adam. Adam is literally toying with him each week and the passes he makes keep getting better.

gravedigfan90

To me Ryan is more of a Gas it and hang on but he is still calculated and has incredible control. Adam is the best racer of the feld fleet, Dennis is getting out gunned more and more every year and his truck digger 30 doesn't seem like it can hold up to his style. Tom is well kinda boring to watch sometimes, he runs up to the jump and let's off so it doesn't really pop up much and never has a great flow. Now chuck Warner is a great freestyler and is very underrated and very competitive racer. Damon Bradshaw is probably the 2nd best overall performer, next to DOUBLE A. All my opinion just what I think.

theblazer24

After seeing a few of Dennis's recent runs i will say he still has it, but these newer drivers and guys like Tom hes slowly falling behind. Could be just me but he hasent been as competeive scince Digger 20. It just seems 30 isent for him. Any thoughts?

Mrpq

Maybe it's the new style seat that he still isn't used to. I know this is the first year he has it. I do agree he seemed more on the edge in GD20. We all also know he isn't as young as he used to be so I really can't blame him for maybe wanting to take it easy

MonsterGuy

Some real good, insightful posts. I definitely feel Damon, Adam, and Ryan probably the most talented and technical drivers in Monster Jam. I really like Tom Meents, but I actually think Neil Elliot is the more technical Max D driver.

The new farm team drivers are all very good with a lot of up side. Brianna Mahon and Cole Venard are very talented and technical.

I am glad someone else feels Chuck Warner is an awesome driver and probably the most underrated driver in Monster Jam. He really deserves to be in the World Finals. I think Chuck should drive a truck with a identity unique to him but still be associated as a Team Meets driver. I think Feld should make a monster based off of Tom's "Shake Me" Ford Sedan mud racer theme and have Chuck drive it. Think of a front engine version of Rosalee Ramer's Wild Flower chassis with a Sedan Delivery body style, a Max D skull for a grill, flames, and front shock towers way above the hood. Just a thought.

gravedigfan90

Some real good, insightful posts. I definitely feel Damon, Adam, and Ryan probably the most talented and technical drivers in Monster Jam. I really like Tom Meents, but I actually think Neil Elliot is the more technical Max D driver.

The new farm team drivers are all very good with a lot of up side. Brianna Mahon and Cole Venard are very talented and technical.

I am glad someone else feels Chuck Warner is an awesome driver and probably the most underrated driver in Monster Jam. He really deserves to be in the World Finals. I think Chuck should drive a truck with a identity unique to him but still be associated as a Team Meets driver. I think Feld should make a monster based off of Tom's "Shake Me" Ford Sedan mud racer theme and have Chuck drive it. Think of a front engine version of Rosalee Ramer's Wild Flower chassis with a Sedan Delivery body style, a Max D skull for a grill, flames, and front shock towers way above the hood. Just a thought.
I like your idea about chuck getting his own truck, he should have something like that.

Steven77571

I really didn't care for seeing multiple versions of the same truck at the world finals last year. I think Neil Elliott should bring back High Roller and run it just for Vegas, and I wish Feld would also bring back Bulldozer.....a brown one and have Chuck Werner drive it at WFI7. Too bad Chuckie can't bring back Excaliber just for LV. Pablo could bring black Blacksmith and run it....my stepbrother loved that truck and he misses it.

MonkeyDad

I really didn't care for seeing multiple versions of the same truck at the world finals last year. I think Neil Elliott should bring back High Roller and run it just for Vegas, and I wish Feld would also bring back Bulldozer.....a brown one and have Chuck Werner drive it at WFI7. Too bad Chuckie can't bring back Excaliber just for LV. Pablo could bring black Blacksmith and run it....my stepbrother loved that truck and he misses it.
All great ideas.

I'd love to see the throwback trucks over having 4 of the same truck in different colors.

Other possibly trucks - Cyborg, Ragin' Steel, Donkey Kong, Nitro Machine or Inferno (we know they can do that), Dragon's Breath (great looking and under-used truck)...

Anyone seen Reptoid recently?

gravedigfan90

Do y'all know what chassis Adam Anderson will be driving this weekend in Detroit, since it is still in North Carolina getting repaired?

MonsterGuy

I do like Feld using different colored trucks of the same identity during the regular season because I can easy tell who is driving via pictures and online video. During the World Finals I think there needs to be a balance. I want to see the most talent drivers complete in the World Finals. For example, Tom and Neil should be regulars at Vegas. Two Max Ds in different colors is pretty cool. If Colton and/or Jared earn a spot, then maybe one of the other Monster Jam identities would be better than Max D #3 and #4. Several Grave Diggers are more workable because Grave Digger can be changed up dramatically and still be Grave Digger: Grime Reaper identity, Grandma paint job, Grave Digger Legend, 1950 Chevy Panel, 1950 Chevy truck, 1950 Ford Panel, 1950 Ford Truck, and even bust out King Sling. Several Grave Digger drivers should be in because they are some of the most talented, plus Grave Digger makes Feld the most money. Pablo could work driving Blacksmith or a red bodied Captains Curse because he has established history with those identities.

Dragon's Breath and Bulldozer are real good ideas. Dustin Brown could drive Dragon's Breath instead of having a third or more Monster Mutt in there, plus he is use to driving a body style with a lack of visibility. I do think one yellow El Toro Loco is enough, Kayla Blood needs a different color bull, dark purple or maybe a Bulldozer?

A couple of the Scooby Doo drivers are having a really good year (Brianna and Linsey) and are talented enough to be in the big show. How do you make that truck different? Change the color of the dog collars and/or bead locks? Or do they drive something else? Do they sit out? Bailey Shea has really improved and will probably have her Scooby in the Young Gun Shootout.

Maybe Monster Jam could use some of next years new identities i.e. sneak peek?

Steven77571

That red truck should have ran as Grave Digger The Original, with Carissa Anderson at the controls. (Dennis' wife). Have all 4 of them retry that stunt they did in 2010

sh1

The main thing IMO is that the best drivers should get to compete!! Doesn't really matter what truck they are in.

Issue being that a lot of the best drivers are on the same "team". For example CVH and Zimmer both would be threats to WIN the MJWF. I bet neither gets the invite. Same thing was happening with Neil Elliot for years.

Alternate color schemes is ok. But Id rather see more drivers get their own identity. Like Chad Tingler and BJ Johnson did this year. Or Rod Schmidt and Gary Porter last year.

- - - Updated - - -

-Chuckie permanent Mutt driver
-Neil Elliot in High Roller
-Chuck Werner in Bulldozer
-Huffaker in Blacksmith
-Seasock in Sudden Impact

Then team GD have a million options to give Zimmer, CVH, AA, etc their own identities, if not them all getting their own rides.
MaxD can bring back the Goldberg/Team Meents look, and the pre-spikes look for Colton and Jared